• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forever Strong

C

cranemovieco

Hey everyone!! First off please dont see this as spam! I'm just basically promoting a movie that will be released nation wide called Forever Strong. Its based on a true story and it highlights Coach Larry Gelwix, played by Gary Cole, (Office Space, Talladega Nights). The season gets a twist when Rick Penning, (Sean Faris, Never Back Down) comes to town to serve a sentence for a DUI. Mentored by Coach Gelwix and his case worker Marcus, (Sean Astin, Lord of the Rings), Penning has a change of heart and focuses his efforts towards his new family.

Rugby hasn't been given the recognition that it deserves and so were hoping that with your support and the support of the rugby community this film can bring the light to rugby that it deserves!! Check out the website and keep coming back for trailers and updates.

http://www.foreverstrongmovie.com/

Discuss!!

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/06cTTJDQcwQ&border=1&color1=3a3a3a&color2=999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/06cTTJDQcwQ&border=1&color1=3a3a3a&color2=999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

I've been hearing about this film for a while. It looks really interesting. Check out the behind the scenes film above. I HOPE this is good.

Doesn't "Kia Kaha" actually mean "Be Strong"???

Anyway, it looks interesting. I'll check it out.

So long as it doesn't have the predictable "overcome the odds" storyline a-la When Saturday Comes/any other sports film ever.

So long as it doesn't have the predictable "overcome the odds" storyline a-la When Saturday Comes/any other sports film ever. [/b]
Dude...it wouldn't be a sports movie if someone were'nt overcoming some sorts of odds. I mean, they ropped Rudy into the film...c'mon!

ah yea ive heard of that movie, its about the boys from highland isnt it?

a lot of them are islanders, but man o man those boys can play..

Hopefully this will give Rugby a bigger profile in the States.

Lol....gee their uniforms are black and they do the kamate haka!

Love how they emphasize the "team" aspect of the game. There is often such an emphasis on individuality in team sports that people lose the whole point on why it is a team sport in the first place. Hope they show this movie in NZ.

So long as it doesn't have the predictable "overcome the odds" storyline a-la When Saturday Comes/any other sports film ever. [/b]

There isn't a direct, literal english translation for "Kia Kaha". Any of the translations, "Be strong", "Stand strong", "Stand strong (together)", "Stay Strong" and "Forever strong". Also, possibly others where the general meaning is an ongoing strength, through either solidarity or communal unity.

That's my understanding. Hope that helps! :)

<div class='quotemain'> Doesn't "Kia Kaha" actually mean "Be Strong"???

There isn't a direct, literal english translation for "Kia Kaha". Any of the translations, "Be strong", "Stand strong", "Stand strong (together)", "Stay Strong" and "Forever strong". Also, possibly others where the general meaning is an ongoing strength, through either solidarity or communal unity.

That's my understanding. Hope that helps! :) [/b][/quote] You used some pretty flash words in there but yep I'm a Maori and your right any of those meanings are all good.

There better be focus on the scrum, preferrably mounted on the props head or something....

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Doesn't "Kia Kaha" actually mean "Be Strong"???

That's my understanding. Hope that helps! :) [/b][/quote] You used some pretty flash words in there but yep I'm a Maori and your right any of those meanings are all good. [/b][/quote]

Well, it's a pretty cool sort of phrase youse Maori fullas came up with, I just had to give it the respect and proper explanation it deserved, lol :D

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Doesn't "Kia Kaha" actually mean "Be Strong"???

That's my understanding. Hope that helps! :) [/b][/quote] You used some pretty flash words in there but yep I'm a Maori and your right any of those meanings are all good. [/b][/quote]

Well, it's a pretty cool sort of phrase youse Maori fullas came up with, I just had to give it the respect and proper explanation it deserved, lol :D
[/b][/quote]

I was getting hammered by these Maori guys from Aussie who were talking non stop throughout the game. Sounded like the Brotown crew with guns...they were really good...one of them started mocking me saying "come on out little black boy" lol!

It's about time somebody made a Rugby movie. Even if it doesn't become the next "Lord Of The Rings" I'm sure there'll be a whole lot of people out there that will appreciate it.

Thank you very much for the link, downloading now. Ok, watched that. Although the trailer is a little vague, it's a teaser trailer so that's fine. If the actual trailer is like that you'll have to shoot the editor, lol.

Now I have that out of the way, this is a film I'll tell my friends about. I know Sean Astin has a big place in his heart for NZ and now it seems rugby, so I have a lot of hope for his performance. He has been overlooked since The Lord Of The Rings and has a greater range than has been allowed to bloom thus far.

I really hope this will be a success and the possibility of other rugby projects are in the future or are opened up by this.

umm...is this thing actually going to hit "theaters" - my guess you'll have to watch this in one that shows independent and low-budget foreign films...

however, good exposure for the sport...should have made it about about a team in a place where rugby is actually in the blood and culture, though - trying to get the patriotic dollar I suppose.

I would think that this is going to be in most major theaters because there are a few of pretty well known actors in it, like Sean Astin who played Rudy in the movie "Rudy", and Sam in The Lord of the Rings. Even if it isn't in big theaters, I'll find one that is showing it, and go see it because it actually looks like a pretty good movie. :yes:

I would think that this is going to be in most major theaters because there are a few of pretty well known actors in it, like Sean Astin who played Rudy in the movie "Rudy", and Sam in The Lord of the Rings. Even if it isn't in big theaters, I'll find one that is showing it, and go see it because it actually looks like a pretty good movie. :yes:
[/b]
This is definitely hitting theaters and you won't have to watch it on demand or wait for DVD releases.

As far as the trailer is concerned, ya that was just a teaser trailer and were getting a couple real trailers finished up and are just waiting on rights to play certain songs on the trailer. Lets just say Nickelback wants a lot of money for about 30 seconds of one of their songs lol...

Thanks for the support guys.

Latest posts