• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Former Wales and Dragons star Richard Parks to take on the ultimate 737 challenge

The_Ref

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
<table id="post9403" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_9403" style="border-right: 0px solid;"> <!-- icon and ***le -->
icon1.gif
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Former Wales international Richard Parks prepares for the ultimate 737 challenge<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<hr style="" size="1"> <!-- / icon and ***le --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Former Wales international Richard Parks had to retire from rugby just over a year ago because of a persistent shoulder injury.

He is now, amazingly, making the final preparations to take on the 737 challenge.

ITV Wales interview:
http://itvwales.wordpress.com/2010/...s-set-for-the-ultimate-challenge/#comment-103

Starting in December he will climb the world's 7 tallest mountains on the world's 7 continents and make it to the North and South Pole all in 7 months!

Noboday has ever done this before. He's putting every penny he has into this!

He's done an interview on ITV Wales which is simply inspirational, you have to watch it.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- / message --> </td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

Outstanding effort.
It's a shame that this has not received the coverage deserved, the media instead choosing to cover the more stupid off-field antics of other Welsh players.

Great work Richard, truly immense!

I've been following this, really is inspirational, and I agree that it really should have been given more coverage than it has. Hopefully when he completes his final climb, the world will hear of his amazing feat. The fact that he went into this challenge with very little experience makes things even more astonishing. All he really was, was an athlete that lost everything he knew to injury, but instead of feeling sorry for himself, he decided to do something amazing for charity, something no-one else has ever achieved.

He's a legend in my eyes, good luck to him on his final climb.

Edit. If anyone feels like donating, visit the link Cymro posted above and click the donate button on the top right. He deserves to have raised alot more than the £43,000 odd he has so far......

Last edited:
Not only that he has about 4 or so months to do the last climb so he could set a very good pace and conquer the last peak. I only hope to god it gets more press coverage because the £43k or so he has raised is a bit pathetic and I blame it down to the real lack of media coverage. If the Fail stopped writing drivel and concentrated a bit more on this then there would be more money because the big papers would eventually pick up on it.

Latest posts