• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forty40 Footy is "Daft"

O

O'Rothlain

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5006067,00.html
I read this story just a few minutes ago, and have to agree with O'Neil that this is a retarded idea. It would prove nothing except get money in the pockets of promoters.
The gist of the concept is that the Wallabies take on the All Blacks for 40 mins and then the Kangaroos take on the Kiwis for the second 40.
wallabies13_gallery__581x400.jpg
kangaroos-win-centenary-cup1.jpg

All%20Blacks%202007%20Tribute.jpg
1249555.jpg

What is your opinion???

Stupid idea. I can see the appeal though: Each country's national team from both codes playing on the same night, on the same field, in the same 80 minutes but in opposite time halves. I'd watch it for sure! But it really is a cheap one off gimmick. Splitting the take for the showmen four ways!? HA!

Best idea is to play 2 games, AB's vs Kangaroos and a half each of RL and RU. And then the same for Kiwis and Wallabies.. or maybe Australia vs Australia and New Zealand vs New Zealand.

I believe that the Kangaroos are the equal to the All Blacks, in the fact that they are extremely difficult to beat outside of the final stages of a World Cup. Didn't the Roos beat the Kiwis this week?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ May 9 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Best idea is to play 2 games, AB's vs Kangaroos and a half each of RL and RU. And then the same for Kiwis and Wallabies.. or maybe Australia vs Australia and New Zealand vs New Zealand.

I believe that the Kangaroos are the equal to the All Blacks, in the fact that they are extremely difficult to beat outside of the final stages of a World Cup. Didn't the Roos beat the Kiwis this week?[/b]

Yeah but the All Blacks would beat the Kangaroos in both codes.

Seems stupid, just two games of rugby merged into one. If you wanted to see both, just buy two tickets for the two different games!

I could understand a full tournament but a one off even is dumb. Also...what the hell would the rules be.

Twenty20 cricket is interesting because the rules make it more fast paced and fun....what would be the difference here?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sportfreunde @ May 13 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I could understand a full tournament but a one off even is dumb. Also...what the hell would the rules be.

Twenty20 cricket is interesting because the rules make it more fast paced and fun....what would be the difference here?[/b]

Sevens styles would be better, but then again not all great union/league players are any good at the abbreviated game.

Latest posts