Forum Revamp - Bug List

Discussion in 'Site News & Suggestions' started by getofmeland, Aug 26, 2008.

1. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Hi all

Just wanted to start this thread so we can iron out all of the bugs surrounding the forum.

So if you could post them in this thread I would be grateful :)

Cheers

Charlie

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

You appear to be able to vote in the main page poll as many times as you like. Minor bug?

4. woosaah

woosaah Guest

NRL Predictor Comp 2008 by woosaah
    posted 0 hour , 3 minutes and50 seconds ago, with 255 replies.

there is no space between and50 seconds, this is for all threads on the main page :)

is this a bug or a feature? :)

5. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

Just tried to start a new topic but couldn't because it just loaded the title and topic description but no box came up not sure if this is a bug thought I'd mention it thou. Also when I log out and close my internet explorer and come back onto TRF I'm still logged on and it has been like this since you's upgraded so possibly a bug. If I find anymore I'll be sure to post them.

By the way great work everyone has done with the website it's looking awesome. :cheers:

6. Ruff

Ruff Guest

Just noticed that I cannot highlight more than 2 or 3 words when on some posts. Noticed it earlier but thought my PC was having a silly moment, tried it again a couple of hrs later and still the same thing - Still could be just my PC. Perhaps someone else can check.

EDIT : In fact it's fine on this section of the forum but seems to happen in General Rugby posts - If I'm trying to quote someone and highlight the text needed it doesn't seem to work well for me...

7. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Roddy, I've noticed the same thing. Can someone check on that? Whenever I highlight something it stops after I've highlighted a few words...

8. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

The TRF Staff section is still empty... Or are you waiting until you've picked some extra members for those positions? I noticed Cymro and Steve-o are now green members (Gratz to both. Note: not sucking up. :p)

9. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ummm Staff Section?? You don't have any access to view it... I know because I have a test account... So where do you mean?? Link?

10. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

On the homepage, in the 'About TRF' tab there's an option that says 'TRF Staff'. I click on that, and the page says:

The people behind the forum

or something similar. I assumed the page was meant for users to know who the admins were so they could contact them if they discovered a problem... Yet there is no list of staff at all...

11. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Aug 26 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I believe it is based on a session basis, which means people should be able to vote as many times as possible, this will only change if we manage to be able to add polls from the forum, I have now changed it so that it only appears to TRF Members, rather than joe blogs... I guess it is kinda a Bug, but I don't think its one which we will be able to solve at the moment :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Sorry My mistake, its a section which needs to be developed... that option has now been taken away for now... It will be back over time..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Aug 26 2008, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Good Spot, modified the code to be able to do it :)

And it was a hidden feature :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 26 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not sure what you mean by this??

Do you mean if you try to quote something in the editor??

12. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Hm, another thing, I just clicked the 'No New Replies' link at the top right of the page and it linked me to the 'Ticket System' page... The link worked last night; it gave me a list of the latest replies...

13. Ruff

Ruff Guest

If I'm reading say for instance your reply and try highlighting some text to copy then it shorts out allowing only a few words to be highlighted. It's a bit iffy tho cos on some posts it works out and on others messes up. I use forums a lot and have never seen this bug before. At first I thought it was just me but Sir.Speedy seems to have it too.

Also one other thing - I can only seem to EDIT a post once and after that the EDIT button disappears - Not sure if this is default laws on your forums or maybe another bug.

14. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No it didn't... You clicked on View New Posts last night... No New Replies is for the ticket system which we will be launching very soon :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That is rather weird, which browser are you using???

The Edit thing is only allowed for a short period of time, so that is a rule setup...

15. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Aug 26 2008, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No it didn't... You clicked on View New Posts last night... No New Replies is for the ticket system which we will be launching very soon :)

[/b][/quote]
    Ah right. One more question (not bug related), what is the Award section for?
    Last question, I promise. :p

16. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]
    Ah right. One more question (not bug related), what is the Award section for?
    Last question, I promise. :p

[/b][/quote]

Its not for discussion yet, you will be informed in due time...

Also if any of you have come across this error (below), this is the reason why...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

17. Ruff

Ruff Guest

I have been using IE7 but am trying Firefox right now and the problem seems to have gone. Odd one...

18. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 26 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I am having a look through some IPB Forums to see whether there are any issues with it...

19. my ã doesnt show up sometimes, such as on the latest post list. simply a add of character of font i think...

20. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Okay, why do we only see the Northampton Sinner's logo and nothing else on the Guinness Premiership Table?

21. Dmx#1

Dmx#1 Guest

Im using Firefox and I dont see a 'fast reply' and the '+' and '-' for the reputation fingymajig isnt showing up.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!