• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forum Revamp - Bug List

G

getofmeland

Hi all

Just wanted to start this thread so we can iron out all of the bugs surrounding the forum.

So if you could post them in this thread I would be grateful :)

Cheers

Charlie

You appear to be able to vote in the main page poll as many times as you like. Minor bug?

NRL Predictor Comp 2008 by woosaah
posted 0 hour , 3 minutes and50 seconds ago, with 255 replies.

there is no space between and50 seconds, this is for all threads on the main page :)

is this a bug or a feature? :)

Just tried to start a new topic but couldn't because it just loaded the ***le and topic description but no box came up not sure if this is a bug thought I'd mention it thou. Also when I log out and close my internet explorer and come back onto TRF I'm still logged on and it has been like this since you's upgraded so possibly a bug. If I find anymore I'll be sure to post them.

By the way great work everyone has done with the website it's looking awesome. :cheers:

Just noticed that I cannot highlight more than 2 or 3 words when on some posts. Noticed it earlier but thought my PC was having a silly moment, tried it again a couple of hrs later and still the same thing - Still could be just my PC. Perhaps someone else can check.

EDIT : In fact it's fine on this section of the forum but seems to happen in General Rugby posts - If I'm trying to quote someone and highlight the text needed it doesn't seem to work well for me...

Roddy, I've noticed the same thing. Can someone check on that? Whenever I highlight something it stops after I've highlighted a few words...

The TRF Staff section is still empty... Or are you waiting until you've picked some extra members for those positions? I noticed Cymro and Steve-o are now green members (Gratz to both. Note: not sucking up. :p)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The TRF Staff section is still empty... Or are you waiting until you've picked some extra members for those positions? I noticed Cymro and Steve-o are now green members (Gratz to both. Note: not sucking up. :p )[/b]

Ummm Staff Section?? You don't have any access to view it... I know because I have a test account... So where do you mean?? Link?

On the homepage, in the 'About TRF' tab there's an option that says 'TRF Staff'. I click on that, and the page says:

The people behind the forum

or something similar. I assumed the page was meant for users to know who the admins were so they could contact them if they discovered a problem... Yet there is no list of staff at all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Aug 26 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You appear to be able to vote in the main page poll as many times as you like. Minor bug?[/b]

I believe it is based on a session basis, which means people should be able to vote as many times as possible, this will only change if we manage to be able to add polls from the forum, I have now changed it so that it only appears to TRF Members, rather than joe blogs... I guess it is kinda a Bug, but I don't think its one which we will be able to solve at the moment :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On the homepage, in the 'About TRF' tab there's an option that says 'TRF Staff'. I click on that, and the page says:

The people behind the forum

or something similar. I assumed the page was meant for users to know who the admins were so they could contact them if they discovered a problem... Yet there is no list of staff at all...[/b]

Sorry My mistake, its a section which needs to be developed... that option has now been taken away for now... It will be back over time..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Aug 26 2008, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
NRL Predictor Comp 2008 by woosaah
posted 0 hour , 3 minutes and50 seconds ago, with 255 replies.

there is no space between and50 seconds, this is for all threads on the main page :)

is this a bug or a feature? :)[/b]

Good Spot, modified the code to be able to do it :)

And it was a hidden feature :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 26 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just noticed that I cannot highlight more than 2 or 3 words when on some posts. Noticed it earlier but thought my PC was having a silly moment, tried it again a couple of hrs later and still the same thing - Still could be just my PC. Perhaps someone else can check.

EDIT : In fact it's fine on this section of the forum but seems to happen in General Rugby posts - If I'm trying to quote someone and highlight the text needed it doesn't seem to work well for me...[/b]

Not sure what you mean by this??

Do you mean if you try to quote something in the editor??

Hm, another thing, I just clicked the 'No New Replies' link at the top right of the page and it linked me to the 'Ticket System' page... The link worked last night; it gave me a list of the latest replies...

If I'm reading say for instance your reply and try highlighting some text to copy then it shorts out allowing only a few words to be highlighted. It's a bit iffy tho cos on some posts it works out and on others messes up. I use forums a lot and have never seen this bug before. At first I thought it was just me but Sir.Speedy seems to have it too.

Also one other thing - I can only seem to EDIT a post once and after that the EDIT button disappears - Not sure if this is default laws on your forums or maybe another bug.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hm, another thing, I just clicked the 'No New Replies' link at the top right of the page and it linked me to the 'Ticket System' page... The link worked last night; it gave me a list of the latest replies...[/b]

No it didn't... You clicked on View New Posts last night... No New Replies is for the ticket system which we will be launching very soon :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I'm reading say for instance your reply and try highlighting some text to copy then it shorts out allowing only a few words to be highlighted. It's a bit iffy tho cos on some posts it works out and on others messes up. I use forums a lot and have never seen this bug before. At first I thought it was just me but Sir.Speedy seems to have it too.

Also one other thing - I can only seem to EDIT a post once and after that the EDIT button disappears - Not sure if this is default laws on your forums or maybe another bug.[/b]

That is rather weird, which browser are you using???

The Edit thing is only allowed for a short period of time, so that is a rule setup...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Aug 26 2008, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, another thing, I just clicked the 'No New Replies' link at the top right of the page and it linked me to the 'Ticket System' page... The link worked last night; it gave me a list of the latest replies...[/b]

No it didn't... You clicked on View New Posts last night... No New Replies is for the ticket system which we will be launching very soon :)

[/b][/quote]
Ah right. One more question (not bug related), what is the Award section for?
Last question, I promise. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Aug 26 2008, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Ah right. One more question (not bug related), what is the Award section for?
Last question, I promise. :p

[/b][/quote]

Its not for discussion yet, you will be informed in due time...

Also if any of you have come across this error (below), this is the reason why...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method

You have probably came across this error message. If you have not count your lucky stars. But for those who are still facing this annoying issue rest assure that we're woking on a solution as fast as we can. This error is not from upgrading our forum board to the recent 2.2.1 version but a new security feature called "stronghold" developed for this board by IPB company.

Before we go on, let's discuss how stronghold is used with the board:
  • when you log into the forum, an authorization key is created based on your registration date and your email
  • stronghold cookies session is created with your authorization key along with your IP address
  • if your IP changes due to proxy service, the cookies created for your session is no longer valid and thus terminates your current log in status
  • you must close the browser and re-login to establish the proper cookies session
Proxy server can change your IP address without your knowledge. Whether you're using the actual proxy service or your ISP has you connected with their own proxy, this can cause sudden IP address change. Not all users might be effected but if you are an AOL user the rate of IP shift, reassign, is greater than those who are with other broadband services.

Try these steps if you are an Internet Explorer user:
  1. place www.trap17.com as trusted zone by going to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites
  2. try disabling privacy or security software running which might block javascript of the setting of cookies. Some anti-virus, ad blocker or firewall programs can block cookies from being set from off line place.
  3. clear cache, cookies and all offline files. This is important!
  4. close the browser and reopen to visit Trap17
If you are a Firefox user:
  1. place trap17.com as ALLOW by going to Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies (check accept cookies from sites) > Exceptions > type trap17.com and click ALLOW
  2. close the browser and reopen to visit Trap17
The error was reproduced when I tried to post this message the first time. It took me about 30 minutes to write and then **** it was gone. As further search went, I found that sometimes the session control is set to 3600 seconds from inactivity. So I am not sure if prolonged typing can cause my session cookies to become expire...?

One thing is for sure, do not forget to log out before leaving our board. If the old session cookies exists and you're trying to post, the newely created cookies and old cookies will not match up. So in order to have valid session, you should log out to clear the old session cookies.

We understand your frustration. Although this seems to be isolated to localized computer, we are working on this matter and creating a fixed solution as soon as possible. But in the mean time please report your error by providing the following information:

-what browser and version you are using
-what OS you are using
-have you tried posting/pming using a school, work or library computer
-what other browser(s) you have tried, if any

Thank you.

From http://www.trap17.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;mode=threaded[/b]

I have been using IE7 but am trying Firefox right now and the problem seems to have gone. Odd one...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 26 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have been using IE7 but am trying Firefox right now and the problem seems to have gone. Odd one...[/b]

I am having a look through some IPB Forums to see whether there are any issues with it...

my ã doesnt show up sometimes, such as on the latest post list. simply a add of character of font i think...

Okay, why do we only see the Northampton Sinner's logo and nothing else on the Guinness Premiership Table?

Im using Firefox and I dont see a 'fast reply' and the '+' and '-' for the reputation fingymajig isnt showing up.

Latest posts