• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forward and back...and back and forward...

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Welcome to this small circus that is this thread, and in your minds. It is a poorly decorated space, it sure doesn't smell fantastic but we're working on that, yes, have a seat and now let's make this thing work. Let's try and think of Rugby Union forwards...who...could wooooohooooooo play as backs !...YEAAH lesgo ! lesgo !!...

And now, because it's weeee-hee-hee-heeeeeee !! FUN around here, how about we do...yes, you've guessed it !! The opposite game ! Let's try to think of forwards who could play as backs !! Oh shoot no that's been said before, rather let's think of BACKS who could play as forwards !!

I've got a few already, but I'll keep this for you children, wouldn't want to spoil the F-F-Fuuuunnnn !

Well you did it.
This is the worst thread that's ever been posted on this forum.
In 10 years.
Congrats.

Well you did it.
This is the worst thread that's ever been posted on this forum.
In 10 years.
Congrats.

That's just blatant 'Anti-Ewism', trying to destroy what 'could' become a funny thread.

I shall start with Scott Gibbs - 'the fastest prop in the world'.

oh dear...a non-sober night again...well the point of the thread is a sober idea of mine, actually :p but looool just wtf is that ?!! *snort*

Well I was going to go with Nyanga. Dude occasionally kicks and chases, has the pace and is light and mobile enough physically to make it happen possibly. Plus he's got a soft passing touch and great hands. I don't know if this is a symptom of being a France fan and watching too many PSA maneuvers :lol: but yeah Nyanga would be one. Dunno where I could use him, possibly center...

Other way around: Rémi Lamerat at openside flanker could totally work. And Matthieu Bastareaud is already basically a 6, so could absolutely play that position.

VX koB

1 Jaque Fourie
2 Jean de Villiers (c)
3 Frans Steyn - just our biggest quality backs
4 Hennie Daniller - just a big back
5 Andre Esterhuizen - again, just a big back
6 JP Pietersen - big, fast and a brilliant defender
7 Bryan Habana - first to the break down and actually quite tenacious over a ball.
8 Damian de Allende - good linking player with some size if he gets stuck
9 Schalk Brits
10 Schalk Burger - has the skills; actually had to decide whether to play test rugby or test cricket
11 Craig Burden - used to play wing
12 Willem Alberts - crash baller and big hits (Schalk loves a skip pass so we won't worry about Alberts' poor distribution when it's on out wide)
13 Warren Whiteley - for his distribution and good one-on-one tackling
14 Eben Etzebeth - used to play wing
15 Victor Matfield - used to play 10 at school, I play him at 15 for his work in the air and boot

.. I spent way too much time on this ****

VX koB

1 Jaque Fourie
2 Jean de Villiers (c)
3 Frans Steyn - just our biggest quality backs
4 Hennie Daniller - just a big back
5 Andre Esterhuizen - again, just a big back
6 JP Pietersen - big, fast and a brilliant defender
7 Bryan Habana - first to the break down and actually quite tenacious over a ball.
8 Damian de Allende - good linking player with some size if he gets stuck
9 Schalk Brits
10 Schalk Burger - has the skills; actually had to decide whether to play test rugby or test cricket
11 Craig Burden - used to play wing
12 Willem Alberts - crash baller and big hits (Schalk loves a skip pass so we won't worry about Alberts' poor distribution when it's on out wide)
13 Warren Whiteley - for his distribution and good one-on-one tackling
14 Eben Etzebeth - used to play wing
15 Victor Matfield - used to play 10 at school, I play him at 15 for his work in the air and boot

.. I spent way too much time on this ****

I think you did indeed :p but I do love your team's name though. Imagine Habana playing 7 lol, a flanker who runs faster than anybody else on the field, up and down the whole match. I do see what you mean about his commitment to the breakdown though, always has his head in there. Alberts at center hahaha...would dwarf Tuilagi.

It would be pretty awesome to see a match like that. Like, VX koB vs Bizarro-France. Or not necessarily a national side, maybe some aaB aaB side...of course the number on the jersey appears at the front, they all have to dye their hair purple, the ref is some highly trained chimpanzee from Japan who although he does alright for an ape occasionally throws his feces at random players, the first half is 40min and the second 80min.
Ronan O'Garra and Fred Michalak to play LH and TH respectively on the aaB aaBs.

Latest posts