TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_48467706_quinnell_huw226.jpg

Gavin Quinnell has returned to the Scarlets on a two-year contract.

"It's good to be coming back to Wales and obviously to be back with the Scarlets is a real bonus," he said.

The 26-year-old has been away from Llanelli for four years, spending two years at Worcester and the last two years at Italian Super 10 side Viadana.

The uncapped 6ft 7ins, 21st forward can play flanker, eight or lock and is the son of Derek and brother of fellow Welsh internationals Scott and Craig.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8849445.stm

http://scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/2909.php

Though he was their top try scorer in all compeitions last season, which is quite impressive for a forwards.

Why they need him, I don't know, though, because he back row is the only place in which the Scarlets have any strength-in-depth. (Daf Jones, McCusker, Turnbull and Pugh are all Welsh internationals, plus there's captain David Lyons, with 50-odd caps for Austrailia, and some decent youngsters like Jon Edwards and Aaron Shingler, and all this even after Easterby has retired.)

Though he was their top try scorer in all compeitions last season, which is quite impressive for a forwards.

Why they need him, I don't know, though, because he back row is the only place in which the Scarlets have any strength-in-depth. (Daf Jones, McCusker, Turnbull and Pugh are all Welsh internationals, plus there's captain David Lyons, with 50-odd caps for Austrailia, and some decent youngsters like Jon Edwards and Aaron Shingler, and all this even after Easterby has retired.)

Shingler is a second row!

They need him because Daf Jones, Pugh are injury proned and will need cover. A good signing, looks slimmer than before.

Sorry. I only knew Shingler as "The forward who also plays Cricket for Glammorgan".

Latest posts