• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forward Pass?

sigesige00

Bench Player
I have a question.
I was watching Italia-Scotland game. When Scotland scored a try in the 2nd half, there was a video referee. The commentator said that is was about possible obstruction and "forward pass". However, is "forwards pass" not Rugby League's term? In Rugby Union it must be "throw forward". Am I wrong?

well Italia's a beautiful country and there was a really nice sun there this afternoon in Rome...but "forward pass" is a common expression in Rugby Unioni.

Anyone who makes a forward pass at me gets slapped in the face.

das

Oh s***. You're right.

Someone tell everyone that's talked about rugby union ever we've had it wrong the whole time. Somebody's got a lot of explaining to do...

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

I have a question.
I was watching Italia-Scotland game. When Scotland scored a try in the 2nd half, there was a video referee. The commentator said that is was about possible obstruction and "forward pass". However, is "forwards pass" not Rugby League's term? In Rugby Union it must be "throw forward". Am I wrong?

Ahem!

2013 iRB LAWS OF THE GAME RUGBY UNION, REFEREE SIGNALS (page 198)

Forward%20pass%20ref%20signal.png

Sorted!

Next please!

lol, an entire post and in depth analysis video of slapping people...pretty interesting, I must say...definitely did not just waste 1:32 seconds there. I'm not being sarcastic btw, I really mean it. Solid posting there.

surely we are working towards the topic "why don't they use the term "no side" anymore to signal the end of a game?"

Latest posts