TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
16165.2.jpg

Munster forwards coach Laurie Fisher will leave the province at the end of the season.

The Australian joined the Magners League leaders prior to the 2008-09 season following the appointment of Jim Williams to the Wallabies staff, having spent four years as coach of the Brumbies Super Rugby franchise.

Munster expect to name Fisher's successor shortly, with the option of extending for a fourth year not considered by either party. During Fisher's time with Munster they have won the Magners League ***le and contested two Heineken Cup semi-finals.

"To be involved in a club with such history, tradition and passion has been a wonderful experience," he said. "I've had the pleasure to work with some of the world's best players and others who will be in the future.

"I'm disappointed to have not achieved the holy grail of Heineken Cup success but there is still a European challenge there for us this season and the Magners League is very much in our sights.

"I will follow Munster's progress in the future as a new generation of player emerges, and will long carry the memory of the unique atmosphere that is a full house at Thomond Park."

http://www.espnscrum.com/celticleague-2010-11/rugby/story/134047.html

The first of some changes that'll hopefully get Munster back on track.

Latest posts