• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forwards play

P

paco1

For the ones , who still enjoy the good old fowards game, we will be able to see impressible packs in this event. Here are some of my guesses for different items.

Best Lineout: Definitively Ireland, with great jumpers and superb throwers

Best Scrum: Argentina (tradition and a couple of succesors that will impress thge public) and NZ (adifferent system , but incredibly strong)

Best driving maul: Many teams here, but South Africa impresesses. It´s almost unstopable NZ very close together with England, Ireland and France.

Rucking and depth of the pack: After what I saw last Saturday, it has to be NZ (a juggernaut). France has good depth in their back row, specially if Chaval in in a good day. England are very strong. A step beyond Pumas , with their clkassic pick and go.

Overall: IMO All Black pack equals their bests packs in their rich history, but, will they guide them to the Trophy?

you cannot possibly rate england higher than the pumas

as of late englands rucking and recycling abilities have been **** poor!

i think for driving maul you may have forgotten the italians they have one powerful rolling maul if they can get it going like we've seen them do so often in the six nations!

it may well guide new zealand to the trophy but they are quite prone to choking afterall!! :lol:

you cannot possibly rate england higher than the pumas. I know, but i´m afraid they are still England, they have to get better than what we saw latetly

as of late englands rucking and recycling abilities have been **** poor!

i think for driving maul you may have forgotten the italians they have one powerful rolling maul if they can get it going like we've seen them do so often in the six nations!
It´s true , we saw it here, aginst Pumas too. They impress, strong and disciplined

it may well guide new zealand to the trophy but they are quite prone to choking afterall!! :lol:
[/b]
LOL... for what we´ve seen im the last RWC´s.... It would be very sad for a rugby nation though

Its suprising how **** they are at it considering in the standard GP match all they do is maul the ball all match.

Considering how foreward oriented the GP is, its facinating how much they can suck at rucking!

Shame such a fall from grace in the 03 world cup, i assume we can blame ole Robinson for this one?

edit: it also wont help that julian white is staying home i believe? he is one of the finest props in the world.

NZ are strong in the ruck (however dirty they may play).
Ireland maul like madmen, though...and are unbeatable in the lineout.
England play Rugby too...

....just not very well as of late [/b]
Didn't they win some sort of award or something back in 2003 or something? I remember something about the queen and Jason Leonard, but I'm drawing a bit of a blank...wait, Jason Leonard still plays for England right? He was a forward...

It was a different game i think....where you had to drop, and kick a ball over a bar and between two posts...

NZ are strong in the ruck (however dirty they may play).
Ireland maul like madmen, though...and are unbeatable in the lineout.
[/b]

Definitely nice to see this, though. IF we do meet the ABs in the Quarters. One of our greatest strengths against the ABs weakest facet of play will definitely play into ROG's hands for positional kicking.

LMAO... You take the **** out of Englands final 2 minutes of the last world cup, completely ignoring the fact they RAN over EVERY team in the world cup or in the lead up to it, then bang on about Irelands only strength which is boot it down field (provided ROG doesn't choke if the opposition has the lead) and rumble the remaining 5m.

f***ing hypocrite.

Its suprising how **** they are at it considering in the standard GP match all they do is maul the ball all match.
Considering how foreward oriented the GP is, its facinating how much they can suck at rucking!
Shame such a fall from grace in the 03 world cup, i assume we can blame ole Robinson for this one?
edit: it also wont help that julian white is staying home i believe? he is one of the finest props in the world. [/b]

2 points:

1. You don't know anything about what a GP match is about as you don't watch it (which you so often proudly announce), so son't tar it with that brush as if we have no running backs here.
and...
2. White is nowhere near "one of the finest props in the world". Seriously, he's really not.

LMAO... You take the **** out of Englands final 2 minutes of the last world cup, completely ignoring the fact they RAN over EVERY team in the world cup or in the lead up to it, then bang on about Irelands only strength which is boot it down field (provided ROG doesn't choke if the opposition has the lead) and rumble the remaining 5m.

f***ing hypocrite.

<div class='quotemain'> Its suprising how **** they are at it considering in the standard GP match all they do is maul the ball all match.
edit: it also wont help that julian white is staying home i believe? he is one of the finest props in the world. [/b]

2 points:

1. You don't know anything about what a GP match is about as you don't watch it (which you so often proudly announce), so son't tar it with that brush as if we have no running backs here.
and...
2. White is nowhere near "one of the finest props in the world". Seriously, he's really not. [/b][/quote]

1.) ive watched a few matches in my day, and honestly its boring as all hell maybe its just cause ive had the odd streak of watching a number of wasps games in a row..

2.) he's pretty good, i'd say he's the best english prop then

Absolutely crucial for Englands chances that we get this right. Sad to think that once we were renowned for this facet of our game but recently we have been so poor. Ireland bullied us in VI Nations. Wales bullied us. Our forwards have looked too soft and have frequently failed to operate as a unit. If we can re-eastablish a decent platform, we might be able to prove a point or two but... until then... the Springboks look to be well ahead of us at the moment. Sheridan against BJ Botha? We might come off OK there but Sheridan relies so much on brute strength whereas Botha has a bit more guile in his technique. Vickery against du Randt? Maybe in 2002-2003 but not in 2007. Chuter against Smit? Minus Grewcock, our second row lacks aggression and will be pushed around by the likes of Matfield and Bakkies Botha. Unless we get our back row right, they could also be on a hiding to nothing.

Oh what I'd give to be proven wrong and see a real forward display emerge from England during this RWC.

<div class='quotemain'> LMAO... You take the **** out of Englands final 2 minutes of the last world cup, completely ignoring the fact they RAN over EVERY team in the world cup or in the lead up to it, then bang on about Irelands only strength which is boot it down field (provided ROG doesn't choke if the opposition has the lead) and rumble the remaining 5m.

f***ing hypocrite.

<div class='quotemain'> Its suprising how **** they are at it considering in the standard GP match all they do is maul the ball all match.

2 points:

and...
2. White is nowhere near "one of the finest props in the world". Seriously, he's really not. [/b][/quote]

1.) ive watched a few matches in my day, and honestly its boring as all hell maybe its just cause ive had the odd streak of watching a number of wasps games in a row..

2.) he's pretty good, i'd say he's the best english prop then
[/b][/quote]

Let me disagree with you DC, I don`t lke this White fellow much. Ok, yes he`s a strong runner, with plenty of depth, but he only rucks 1 or 2 times per match. Watch him closely, he is a solo player. Zero contribution to his pack. Cheers

LMAO... You take the **** out of Englands final 2 minutes of the last world cup, completely ignoring the fact they RAN over EVERY team in the world cup or in the lead up to it [/b]
Agree. I think the English pack will be a force in this WC.

<div class='quotemain'> LMAO... You take the **** out of Englands final 2 minutes of the last world cup, completely ignoring the fact they RAN over EVERY team in the world cup or in the lead up to it [/b]
Agree. I think the English pack will be a force in this WC.
[/b][/quote]

Fellows, I asume we all watched England vs Wales. It was inevitable, England´s pack had to recover full strenght for the RWC. I was quite impressive the demolition of an always passionatee welsh pack.

Latest posts