Fourie du Preez injured!

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/No-Fourie-for-Boks-this-season-20100602

Sounds like he will be out for the season - bad news for Springbok supporters, but probably the best news possible for All Black and Wallaby supporters!

Who do you think should replace him? There seem to be a very talented crop of young halfbacks coming through in SA - Jano Vermaak, Sarel Pretorius, Dewaldt Duvenge, Ruan Pienaar, and Francois Hougaard (though I understand he is injured as well) have all impressed me this year. I still have a suspect that de Villiers will pick Januarie, which would make me (as an All Black supporter) incredibly happy :)

Last edited:
It's never good to hear of any player, especially one as talented as Du Preez, pick up a bad injury. I can't see Pienaar (who would have been the natural replacement) being picked in his stead if he's off to Ulster in a few months and what with the racist (a big word, I know) selection of the SA coaching staff, Januraie is the most likely man to fill the whole. He did score a lovely try last year against the All Blacks.

Francois Hougaard would be first choice, but i have no idea when he will be back. It's gonna be between Pienaar and Januarie. He was the one player we couldn't afford to lose. FFS.

Damn there goes he's chance to finally win the IRB Rugby Player of the Year Award!

Francois Hougaard will be out for about a month with a broken hand injury.

If PDV uses Pienaar and Januarie at scrum half it will mean that he will have to pick another fly-half, possibly Peter Grant or more likely in PDV's insane selection world, Earl Rose(oh god please no!!!)
If however PDV uses Pienaar at fly-half it will mean that he'll have to recruit a back-up scrum half for Januarie, main contenders IMO are Rory Kockott, Jano Vermaak & Dewaldt Duvenage.

Will be interesting to see who he chooses!

Pienaar can not be chosen!!!! He is horrible! The most over-rated player in world rugby! Sarel Pretorious is by a looooong way the next best to du Preez. The guy got 3 man of the matches in a row!!! Sarel Pretorious is going to be one of the biggest stars in world rugby. When du Preez retires after 2011 it will only be a matter of time until Sarel Pretorious becomes known as the best scrumhalf in the world. It has to be Sarel. Please not Pienaar! Please Div!

Sarel Pretorius apparently has a massive cock. He whips it out at braais and everywhere else. He brags about it, and pree's on peoples couches. Read it in 'Die Son'. Kinda put me off him...

Sarel Pretorius apparently has a massive cock. He whips it out at braais and everywhere else. He brags about it, and pree's on peoples couches. Read it in 'Die Son'. Kinda put me off him...

Even if that bullshit were true, what in fucks name does that have to do with his rugby skills?

Better balance maybe?

Hahaha or I guess he can steal the ball without being penalised for hands in the ruck :) . But what's your guys take on Pienaar? I do not rate this guy and I really don't wanna see him in the Springbok jersey

Pretorius in my opinion is an average player in a mediocre team, made to look good because his team was so crap. I'm not saying he is a bad player, but to me he just seems like a Currie Cup hero. Put him in a Bok jersey and i think he won't be any different. Pienaar has his ups and downs, but on his day, has the ability to produce magic. We need someone who can produce that 'X' factor. That's why i would play Francois Hougaard without a doubt. If i had to choose between Vermaak, Pretorius and Pienaar, i would take Pienaar. I would play Kockott before Vermaak and Pretorius as well.

Pretorius in my opinion is an average player in a mediocre team, made to look good because his team was so crap. I'm not saying he is a bad player, but to me he just seems like a Currie Cup hero. Put him in a Bok jersey and i think he won't be any different. Pienaar has his ups and downs, but on his day, has the ability to produce magic. We need someone who can produce that 'X' factor. That's why i would play Francois Hougaard without a doubt. If i had to choose between Vermaak, Pretorius and Pienaar, i would take Pienaar. I would play Kockott before Vermaak and Pretorius as well.

When is this elusive day of magic going to come? Everyone keeps talking about it, but I have yet to see it. He hardly everr passes the advantage line or makes any line breaks. He never breaks a tackle or sparks something from nothing. It's quite sad that you would play Pienaar ahead of Pretorious. When they go head-to-head Pretorious will make Pienaar look like a fool. In this year's Super14, Pienaar totalled 36 HANDLING ERRORS AND 48 FORCED AND UNFORCED ERRORS!!!! Also, if he is this miracle play-maker, why does he only have 6 line-breaks to his name? A real talented play maker like Will Genia has 20 line-breaks to his name. Pienaar had that one good 2006/2007 season and has been useless since then but people seem to be blind to it. No matter how much this guy sucks everyone sees him as this amazing rugby messsiah.

Um, who said rugby messiah? I'm not saying anything like that. I would just rather play him than Pretorius.

Um, who said rugby messiah? I'm not saying anything like that. I would just rather play him than Pretorius.

Well I respect your opinion but in a bit of time you will see how wrong you are. Sarel will get his shot and when he does, he's too good a player to not take advantage of it. Pienaar is like the cancer of SA rugby. Can't wait till he ****** off to Ulster. Mark my words, if Pienaar plays at scumhalf, we lose.

90% also think Zane Kirchner and Joe Peterson are Bok material. Pfft. Kak players.

90% also think Zane Kirchner and Joe Peterson are Bok material. Pfft. Kak players.

Agree with you 100% on Kirchner. Joe P not the best on defence but he's a great attacking fullback. But you're right though he is nowhere near Springbok standard.

When is this elusive day of magic going to come? Everyone keeps talking about it, but I have yet to see it. He hardly everr passes the advantage line or makes any line breaks. He never breaks a tackle or sparks something from nothing. It's quite sad that you would play Pienaar ahead of Pretorious. When they go head-to-head Pretorious will make Pienaar look like a fool. In this year's Super14, Pienaar totalled 36 HANDLING ERRORS AND 48 FORCED AND UNFORCED ERRORS!!!! Also, if he is this miracle play-maker, why does he only have 6 line-breaks to his name? A real talented play maker like Will Genia has 20 line-breaks to his name. Pienaar had that one good 2006/2007 season and has been useless since then but people seem to be blind to it. No matter how much this guy sucks everyone sees him as this amazing rugby messsiah.

Note sure where you got you stats from - I'd like to see your source! Do you really think that Piennar has 3 handling errors, and 4 forced/unforced errors per game? That would be incredible if he did, however the stats I've looked at certainly don't support this! Foxsports stats suggest that Pienaar has 12 errors for the season in 939 minutes (versus 17 for Pretorious in only 613 minutes !), while the superrugby site suggests Pienaar has 15 turnovers (versus 14 for Pretorious). Though there are slight differences between sites, both these sites suggest that Pretorious is more error prone than Pienaar!

http://www.superrugby.co.nz/
http://s14fantasy.foxsports.com.au/

Note sure where you got you stats from - I'd like to see your source! Do you really think that Piennar has 3 handling errors, and 4 forced/unforced errors per game? That would be incredible if he did, however the stats I've looked at certainly don't support this! Foxsports stats suggest that Pienaar has 12 errors for the season in 939 minutes (versus 17 for Pretorious in only 613 minutes !), while the superrugby site suggests Pienaar has 15 turnovers (versus 14 for Pretorious). Though there are slight differences between sites, both these sites suggest that Pretorious is more error prone than Pienaar!

http://www.superrugby.co.nz/
http://s14fantasy.foxsports.com.au/

My source is ruggastats.com . Go check for yourself

Latest posts