Fourie moving to Japan after all

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
In news that is sure to annoy most WP/Stormers supporters, its been confirmed that Jaque Fourie will be joining Japanese club Panasonic Wild Knights.

In a deal similar to the one Peter Grant has with his Japanese club, Fourie will join the Knights on 1 November and return to the Stormers at the end of the Japanese season.

It's only temporary and will mean that Jaque Fourie is back in time to participate in the Super 15 season of 2012

Mans got make his money. As long as he's still coming back to SuperRugby all is good.

Don't see why so many Japanese clubs are buying big names for only one season. If they have the money surely it would be wise to invest it in their academies and then they have a much more sustainable team with long term success, instead of just one season.

To be quite honest, Every South African player that has ever went to Japan never comes back as good as when he went there...

Jaco van der Westhuysen, Peter Grant... they were great, went there and came back very shaky... although Grant did improve on his goal kicking...

Just hope Jaque Fourie comes back better than ever!

To be quite honest, Every South African player that has ever went to Japan never comes back as good as when he went there...

Jaco van der Westhuysen, Peter Grant... they were great, went there and came back very shaky... although Grant did improve on his goal kicking...

Just hope Jaque Fourie comes back better than ever!

Funny that because thats also the case for some players Ive seen here in NZ. For example Luke McAlistair, he left for the NH as a really good player but when he returned he was good but not the same. Im not saying going elsewhere makes you play lesser than you were, its just something that Ive noticed like yourself.

Okay, I'm now officially of the opinion to drop Fourie from the Springbokke. I say this because this moves means he puts himself in a position where he has to play just so much more rugby and I find it somewhat insulting to both WP and the Bokke. IE I would prefer a greater level of dedication from players looking to pull that green jersey over their heads. With Grant I could have understood it because he was never in PdV's plans so he was not being reckless WRT the Springboks but it did come back and cost the Stormers as he ended up injured the whole time (little wonder) while we were in a difficult position pre-season; do we depend on him? don't we?

I guess I just don't like people half-arsing it. Earning extra money is one thing, doing so while puting your 'team' in a difficult position is another IMO.

Don't see why so many Japanese clubs are buying big names for only one season. If they have the money surely it would be wise to invest it in their academies and then they have a much more sustainable team with long term success, instead of just one season.
From a marketing sense it makes sense,
They'll be able to say "Come and watch our team, we've got XXXX playing" and then the kids start to enjoy rugby, play more, become fans of the teams etc.etc.

From a marketing sense it makes sense,
They'll be able to say "Come and watch our team, we've got XXXX playing" and then the kids start to enjoy rugby, play more, become fans of the teams etc.etc.

I suppose that could be the case with Ma'a Nonu, but Jaque Fourie is hardly a household name to a casual supporter, and James Haskell especially not.

They're internationals though, so they could say "World Cup Winner Jaque Fourie" and "England International James Haskell" etc.

I suppose that could be the case with Ma'a Nonu, but Jaque Fourie is hardly a household name to a casual supporter, and James Haskell especially not.

Jaque Fourie is certainly a household name in South Africa, and how on earth can the United Kingdom's people so quickly forget his name when he was the guy who scored that awesome try in the 2nd B&I lions test at Loftus 2 years ago??

Jaque Fourie is certainly a household name in South Africa, and how on earth can the United Kingdom's people so quickly forget his name when he was the guy who scored that awesome try in the 2nd B&I lions test at Loftus 2 years ago??
I meant in Japan

Ludicrous to say that Fourie is being disrespectful by playing in Japan in the off season. Rugby is his job and he will be forced to retire from it at age 30. It makes sense that he is trying to get as much work as he can.
It also makes sense that Mcalister would come back shitter from England. They tend to play 10 man rugby there so not a great place for a back to hone their skills. Japanese rugby, I would assume, would not cause the same problems.

...... Hello! anyone of u guys still remember that the FUKUSHIMA DISASTER IS STILL
ONGOING ?? O.O
... I mean There is nothing closer to a "Cold Shutdown" Like Tepco said... Is a suicide move fo Fourie, Nonu, Clever and the others....
FIND INFO IN ENENEWS just google it...

Latest posts