• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fox Sports Fantasy Super Rugby - The TRF League

Scrumit2

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Reds
We can use this forum to post questions, draws, and general smack talk for the Fox Sports AU Fantasy Super Rugby "The Rugby Forum" League. As of 1pm Friday we have 29 teams in the league. I have been told from Fox Sports AU that the draw will be produced almost instantly after the deadline passes. I have also been told that if the league finishes with an odd number of teams FS will add a team who will be put into the draw and will score the average points of teams through out the entire fantasy comp. THis should make things pretty interesting. As soon as the draw is released I will post it here. I am thinking about fronting up a prize for the overall winner of the comp. Please post your ideas for this prize here. I have no issues shipping a prize through out the world as long as the shipping does not cost more than the prize itself. Let the games begin.

Cheers Scrumit2, nice thread. I'm thinking we could also post all the injured players so ppl can avoid picking them for nothing...

So true, I don't know if I can do it today though. I have gotten into something either at training or something I've eaten and my eyes are very swollen. I will attempt to post injuries next week. it's just to hard today with trying to ice my eyes and the medication my wife (she is a doctor is its okay) has given me makes me very drowsey.

Cheers Scrumit2, nice thread. I'm thinking we could also post all the injured players so ppl can avoid picking them for nothing...

That would be a nice gesture but it takes the fun out of it.It would be good if people actually had to check who they put in their lineups and not get a free ride:)

For injury updates check the match-day line-ups before finalizing your team. You can also see if your man is being rested/benched and so on. It's mopre reliable than injury updates.

Charles, I see now why you had Skipper Badenhorst; he is listed as the Cheetahs first hooker on Fox Sports and their actual 1st choice hooker Adriaan Strauss is listed as a prop.

There are a couple of positional anomilies but I guess there are always going to be a few of those and it makes the game interesting in a way.

http://www.superxv.com/ is the best site for checking line-ups. They normally have previews ready by Thurs pm or Friday am. I will leave it up to the league whether I try on post injuries. I am fine with not posting them if you guys think it takes the fun out of teams managing their own roster. The only reason I thought it might be an option is that I train Tuesday and Thurs. nights at the club and then come home to put one or two of my boys to sleep so I thought I'd help others who might be in the same situ. I just want people to play the full season and if it becomes too much a hastle I'd hate to see guys cash it in half way through the season. Whatever the league thinks is fair play is fine by me.

Round 1

<TABLE class="ism_table ism_fixtures_h2h"><COLGROUP></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Average</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>BadGena's team</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>Willekrugertuin</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Tokyo Gaijin</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Southern Strike</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Olyy's Awesome Team</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>cmac95's losers</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Ossa's Chargers</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Darwins_Warriors</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>SH Trojans</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>Lucky 7's XV</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>The Usual Suspects</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Cuppers XV</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>RoughRiders</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>Vuvuzelas</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>UnderAchievers</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Steyn By Me</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Cleats Align</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>KhatreEsa Dragons</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>BiggestBoss</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Meeks Gold</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>The Tornados</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>The Thunderz</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>hellfish</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Stormer2010 XV</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Griquas Chiefs</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>Malpaso XV</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Cape Storms</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Shaggys XV</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>0 : 0</TD><TD class=ism_col_3>Rabid.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And we are off! Here is the first round best of luck!

Well great start :mad:

Still, happy to having picked C Jane and Gear, 17 and 18 points respectively...

J Eaton 2 and Conrad Smith 1.

41 pts in all...

Edit: who's Willekrugertuin btw?

Last edited:
Arrrrgggghhhhhhh Ma'a you Clown i got dicked big time,well he can't do any worse lol.

31pts from the 'Canes match (Cowen & Gear)
Regarding subs - I have Savea on my bench, but he got 0pts, didn't he start the match? How do you get points from subs?

Also just noticed that Drew Mitchell has -2pts =/

Edit: Didn't realise you could click on the "i" under the player and it gives you a breakdown of their points! This site's quality :D

Hope no one picked Barnes. He could take the attack power put of an Army Tank.

Come on Rebels. The only positive maybe Tahs think they are better than they are before playing Reds. Glad I passed on Vuna

Bench players do not score for your team.

Hope no one picked Barnes. He could take the attack power put of an Army Tank.

Come on Rebels. The only positive maybe Tahs think they are better than they are before playing Reds. Glad I passed on Vuna

Bench players do not score for your team.

I this guy really a center? Even in league?

He can't tackle for ****...

87 Points from Two Games!!!!! Pure luck, thought Rebels would play better defense and only put Beale in in the final minutes. Toss back and forth on Delve vs. Waldrom only finally signed Delve 20 mins before the deadline. As of right now I'm standing behind the fact that it's better to be lucky than good.

Only 75 for me, but my NSW prop didn't play, so i think Delve will get subbed in at the end of the round taking me up to 90pts for the first 2 game

Okay, so who is who?

I am Stormer2010 Xv (obviously). As obvious is Olly'a Awesome team and a few others and well I guess Charles, your team is Tokyo Gaijin seeing as the owner's name is Charles and lives in Tokyo LOL. Scrumit, obviously you are the first team since you opened the league. The rest, please identify yourselves.

Know thy enemey! (Mine for the round is Griquas Chiefs - bad luck on picking Nonu OMG what a bad discipline)

Never thought I would be so happy to have Kurtley Beale in my team. That's 88 points from 2 players. Should have bought more Waratahs (especially Mitchell but so damn expensive)!

I see I haven't the good fortune of drawing Mr Avg for the season LOL. Oh, well.

SH Trojans, I've got Drew Mitchell = happy days.....but I've also got Nonu.

The way things work Nonu will have a blinder next week but you will probably have sold him LOL. Great pick with Mitchell. I can kick myself that I replaced him with AAC for the simple reason of having at least some money in the bank to ease transfers. Hopefully AAC can get close to Mitchell.

Latest posts