TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_48123459_france_reu_466.jpg

France's players refused to train on Sunday following Nicolas Anelka's expulsion from the squad for verbally abusing coach Raymond Domenech.

Domenech read out a statement from his squad which said: "The French Football Federation did not at any time try to protect the group.

"To show our opposition to the decision taken [on Anelka], all the players decided not to take part in training."

The French Football Federation's managing director subsequently quit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8750302.stm

The only team in the world to be as chaotic as England at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just read this earlier. Worse World Cup from the start for France. Just Chaos.

I believe Karma has its involvement with this.

There seems to be a few teams who are unhappy and arguing/not happy with coaches at the moment. Seems to be becoming the norm in this World Cup, where as I didn't hear of anything like this with any of the teams in the 2006 world cup. Its not just France, theres England, Cameroon and Italy.

I believe Karma has its involvement with this.

And that Domenech is a clueless crétin who lost the support of his players years ago and didn't have the good grace to leave earlier when all France wanted him to get stuffed.

Read a lot of rumours last night about various goings on in the French camp.
Patrice Evra said there was a "mole" in the team that leaked this to the press (the Anelka incident, that is)
Apparently a few of the more senior players "bully" Gourcuff, and refused the pass the ball to him in the Uruguay match, and things like. Probably all hearsay, but somethings definately gone wrong with France this year

There's gotta be a "French strike" pun around here somewhere...

You have to give it to the French, you really do. If they don't like something, they go on strike.

Awfull and pathetic behavior from all actors of this show
Federal staff unable to prevent this quite predictable situation, who confortated Domenech as a coach last year despite all the signs of an incoming debacle
Coach, for his permanent flickeness and incapacity making him logically unrespected
Players for their immaturity, and the only concern they have with their personnal career and retributions
Media, for their hunger to produce real TV of everything that should remain information

I'm less and less surprised by the deviations of this sport. After the consistent fights, destructions events happening here and there, the black deals involving clubs staff, players and refs.
This game, wich rules are a century old, and of wich the board never wnted to make them evolve with the society, worth now no more than a big brother show.

Last edited:
Maybe they will be so put off that we wallop them 5-0 and make it through!

Imagine if they all of a sudden just start passing to the keeper and he own goals non stop all match!

Imagine if they all of a sudden just start passing to the keeper and he own goals non stop all match!
What would happen if they did this?
Like if it got to 30 - 0 in the first 15minutes just from own goals? Would they call it off?

Hopefully SA win this/get through

SA 1 - 0,
Gourcuff just got a red card for an elbow to the head/neck of a SA defender. Think it should've been a yellow rather than red, but thems the breaks.
If he wasn't liked in camp before, don't think this will have helped his popularity!

Last edited:
2 - 0 now!

If it's a draw in the groups do they look at goals for first or goals against?
If it's for, then they just need Mexico or Uruguay to win, holding the other to 0, and get another goal.
The way France are playing atm i wouldn't be surprised to see it 4 - 0 by the end

If the games all finished now it'd be
Mexico 5 (3 GF)
Uruguay 5 (3 GF)
SA 4 (3 GF)

Ah they just said it's goal difference. Uruguay just scored so Mexico and SA are on equal points, but SA have a -1 GD and Mexico have a +1

Last edited:
I think Karma would have been for France to be knocked out as the result of a missed handball...

Funnily enough, the ref did miss an Henry hand ball, it wasn't in a significant position or anything, but still happened :p

Todays result could have been very different all for one alteration...

orange-soccer042909.jpg

Latest posts