• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France jersey is for sale says Laporte

Kit makers are more likely to cause problem than a shirt sponsor. Pressuring the nation to select players that wear the shoes from the kit maker. There have been rumours that Nike players get picked ahead of players from adidas or under armor for our basketball team.

TBF your basketball team can do that with little care, can't they..

Montpellier and the FFR don't have the same interests, yet even though sponsors aren't owners, they still have quite a lot of influence. Who will the sponsor favour in cases where there's a conflict between the two? The club they sponsor or the federation?

I think you need to understand that the clubs are govered by the LNR, and not the FFR two different organisations so if Mohed Altrad Sponsors the The French National team shirt he is sponsoring something between him, his company Altrad, and the FFR, absolutely nothing to do with Montpellier or the LNR who make all decisions between the TOP 14 clubs and the running of this Championship. The FFR cannot influence anything that is TOP 14 this is in the hands of the LNR so there cannot be any conflict of interest, or dodgy dealing as someone mentioneD. Anyway the 2 organisations have enough work at the moment sorting out the drug users, the drunks, and the awol player.

- - - Updated - - -

TBF your basketball team can do that with little care, can't they..

To an extent... one year our team was all Nike except for Dwight Howard who was with adidas.
He was needed since he was the only one who could guard the gasol brothers and serge ibaka.

But yeah, all we need to do is select players players based on defensive ability and we'll be fine.

Ps. I'm not trying to enforce the stereotype that Europeans don't play defense, just saying that Americans have a weird fetish with defense.

I think you need to understand that the clubs are govered by the LNR, and not the FFR two different organisations so if Mohed Altrad Sponsors the The French National team shirt he is sponsoring something between him, his company Altrad, and the FFR, absolutely nothing to do with Montpellier or the LNR who make all decisions between the TOP 14 clubs and the running of this Championship. The FFR cannot influence anything that is TOP 14 this is in the hands of the LNR so there cannot be any conflict of interest, or dodgy dealing as someone mentioneD. Anyway the 2 organisations have enough work at the moment sorting out the drug users, the drunks, and the awol player.
What about the plans for the central contracts?

There are more than enough conflicts between the FFR and the LNR, e.g. those mentioned in this article:
http://www.lexpress.fr/actualites/1...r-apres-l-election-les-questions_1856941.html

That means there are potential conflicts between Montpellier and the FFR, too.

How does that change anything? I did give an explanation while you accused me of all kinds of things without a basis for any of that.

Firstly i have not accused you of anything all i'm saying is you are way of the truth in your statements, giving an explication which i asked for and you have not, you have posted some random article that is 3 months old and very outdated, and how do you explain central contracts become a conflit of interests between FFR, LNR, Montpellier and Mohed Altrad, in fact central contracts could actually work against Montpellier which is exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

I mentioned it as one example where there's a conflict of interest between the country and the clubs. Yes, of course they could, so Mohed Altrad could try to influence things there in Montpellier's favour.

i hope you can understand french if not please google it, from a statement given by Bernie Laporte President FFR. TODAY, and i have just recieved a press statement from the Altrad society confirming their support for the possible 2023 WC in France as one of the major sponsors for this mammouth event, if France were to host it. I hope i can now convince you there is no conflict of interest, the President of the FFR Bernie Laporte seems to think there is no conflict of interest which is good enough for me, and what i have been saying all along.

Si certains observateurs ont souligné le risque d'un conflit d'intérêt entre un Président d'un club de Top 14 et la Fédération Française de Rugby, Bernard Laporte a coupé court à toutes polémiques. Où serait le conflit d'intérêt ?, a coupé le Président de la FFR. <cite>"Il faut qu'on me l'explique. Si je devais faire un conflit d'intérêt, il y a des clubs que j'aime plus que d'autres (Toulon, ndlr). Et je vois qu'il ne se porte pas mieux pour le moment (sourires). J'ai découvert un homme de valeur, talentueux, passionné par le rugby. Je suis admiratif des gens qui réussissent dans la vie. Je suis très fier de l'avoir à nos côtés. C'est un Président qui prône l'intérêt général du rugby. A travers cet acte, il montre qu'il traduit ses paroles par des actes"</cite>.

" Mohed Altrad est un Président qui prône l'intérêt général du rugby (Bernard Laporte)"
Le montant de ce partenariat n'a pas été révélé par les différents acteurs du dossier. Le maillot floqué au nom du groupe Altrad sera arboré lors du prochain match du Tournoi des VI nations, que le XV de France dispute à Rome, face à l'Italie, ce samedi. Ce soutien devrait s'orchestrer jusqu'au 15 novembre, date à laquelle sera révélé le nom du pays hôte de la Coupe du monde 2023. Au delà de 2017, Mohed Altrad n'a pas caché son intérêt pour apparaître sur le maillot de l'équipe de France. A noter par ailleurs que le Président de la République, François Hollande, sera ce mardi soir au CNR de Marcoussis pour un dîner où il remettra une lettre de soutien à la Fédération Française de Rugby.
2038374.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I do understand French. If that's indeed the case, that's fine by me then.

In http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-1...-aux-contrats-federaux_sto6084263/story.shtml, they write "Mardi, avant ce communiqué, le numéro 2 de la Fédération Serge Simon avait déclaré que Laporte "(mettrait) en place sa réforme", celle de faire signer à une quarantaine d'internationaux une sorte de contrat fédéral. Il a par ailleurs souligné que la FFR n'avait pour cela "pas besoin de l'accord de la Ligue, mais des clubs" du Top 14. " Doesn't that mean that there are direct conflicts between the clubs and the FFR and not just between the FFR and the league?

You have only produced half of the article it goes on to say that the 12 club presidents present (Bayonne and Toulon) did not attend) and LNR president Paul Goze refuse any central contracts for the moment, this was at a meeting at Orly airport last week, if you remember when this all started it was about sponsorship of the french shirt, and not central contracts, which would be a hardship to all TOP 14 clubs with International or potential International players, and not just Montpellier.So as Bernie Lapotre and i both said the "conflit of interes"t does not exist. i'm not going to keep replying because what i have said and what has been published in the press is adequate for all to understand, bar perhaps you so if you want to carry on on your own please do so, i'm finished here.

...can we really call someone silly for not doing something that as far as we know cant be done?

yeah some stench coming from the union.. did you notice as well
Laporte is currently under investigation. If he took dirty money the sports minister Laura Flessel is going to string him up.

Yeah. The reason I posted it on this thread. There was a discussion previously about whether altrads company sponsoring the French jersey could create conflicts of interest. Obviously nothing is proven currently but it at least shows it is not out of the realms of possibility that it could have led to/may lead to conflicts arising.

Latest posts