• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France tour of New Zealand

oh well then...terribly sorry for confusing "expansive with correct tactics" ! My bad !

Parra ruled out of the tour, the replacement is yet to be named, but I can't see anyone but Doussain taking up the spot (unless PSA calls Trinh-Duc and makes Michalak play 9). With Toulouse and Clermont out of the final, most first choice players will be available from the first test (I think they're flying today to NZ).
Assuming that PSA will not play anyone from Toulon and Castres, as he said they would, the team should look something like (Kayser is recovering from injury, so I would rest him):

Domingo - Szarzewski - Mas
Maestri - Vahaamahina
Ouedraogo - Picamoles - Dusautoir
Machenaud - Lopez
Médard - Fofana - Fritz - Planté
Huget

Bench: Guirado, Debaty, Ducalcon, Flanquart, Le Roux, Doussain, Fickou, Palisson.

To the kiwis, I read somewhere that there are many injuries in the front row, how tru is that? What will be the state of the AB scrum?

Domingo - Szarzewski - Mas
Maestri - Vahaamahina
Ouedraogo - Picamoles - Dusautoir
Machenaud - Lopez
Médard - Fofana - Fritz - Planté
Huget

Bench: Guirado, Debaty, Ducalcon, Flanquart, Le Roux, Doussain, Fickou, Palisson.

To the kiwis, I read somewhere that there are many injuries in the front row, how tru is that? What will be the state of the AB scrum?

Strong. Can't think of anyone other than Charlie Faumuina and Jeffery Toomaga-Allen out - who probably wouldn't be guarenteed to make the test 23 is they were fit. Most likely to see for the first test:

1. Tony Woodcock 2. Keven Mealamu 3. Owen Franks
16. Andrew Hore 17. Wyatt Crockett/Ben Franks 18. Ben Afeaki

Parra ruled out of the tour

I know....****ing disgusting. It's so unfair...and Kayser better be back soon too (they say he'll be). I think Forestier should get a chance too in the pack. I know he's playing in the Top14 final but...
Last time NZ and FRA met we had a nice advantage in the scrum, and from November (2012) til the 6N we've been absolutely dominant...we'll see this time though.

Vahaamahina is constantly praised over his potential and tremendous promising abilities, but I've yet to see anything out of the ordinary really...

Michalak isn't playing then ? pretty he was ?

And Palisson's out man...
http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-de...orfait-pour-la-tournee_sto3776828/story.shtml

Marvin O'Connor could be real useful in a backline better than Bayonne, he wouldn't be a bad call up. Better than Planté who aged 28 I feel will just be another 1/2 cap player like Julien Candelon was a few years ago.

Finally he decided to call Andreu up. I don't think is a good choice. He won't available for the 1st test because he'll play the Topa 14 final.

Finally he decided to call Andreu up. I don't think is a good choice. He won't available for the 1st test because he'll play the Topa 14 final.

Very, very pleasing for me. Easily one of the most entertaining wingers I've seen from France. Also if he plays on his preferred left wing then he should be safe from Julian Savea (although possibly not Hosea Gear).

Dan Carter "gutted" not to see Chouly within our ranks...
First french group has flown in already to Kiwi-Land. Good to see they get there already, those guys won't have the fatigue/jetlag problem, but what I'm afraid of is when the rest of the gang gets there that they don't have enough time to mesh and prepare all together...but it's very encouraging to know they're there already.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-de...er-groupe-s-est-envole_sto3777954/story.shtml

(sorry fellas, it's in French)

(not a double-post !)
ZeFrenchy:

your take on Brice Dulin please ?
I've seen a few Castres games this season, and he was pretty good in those first caps for France; he wasn't great in the Top14 Final yesterday, some pretty clumsy mistakes and didn't claim too many balls when in the air or such situations...

Do you think France has a solid FB in him ?

To be honest, I haven't seen him much. He seems to be very sound technically, and extremely safe under the high ball, but I couldn't tell you really.

K thanks...I like to think he's our savior at 15, but I can't quite gather the sufficient elements and evidence he really is...he seems like a standard European-class fullback, of course Kearney and others are well ahead in terms of performances just now but...he looks promising.
I hate the idea that our official FB has been a natural winger, like, out of all of France and the quality backs we can't get one true fullback ?!...

I have to say I've found Huget to be better at fullback than wing at international level.

Speaking of French fullbacks will Buttin play much next year? He looked good the few times I've seen him but Byrne's clearly been preferred at Clermont this season.

(not a double post)
HEY KIWIS !!!
you guys excited or WHAT ?!!
In less than a week, the big show is onnnn !

How do you feel overall ? Super confident; confident but wary ? You fear any player in particular from France, Fofana, Picamoles ??

I'm asking out of pure innocence, I'm just genuinely curious, I don't do minds games.
I suppose if I were a NZ'er, I'd probably be confident of course but then there's always this bother in the back of my mind that you never know with these darn frenchies ! (?)

(not a double post)
HEY KIWIS !!!
you guys excited or WHAT ?!!
In less than a week, the big show is onnnn !

How do you feel overall ? Super confident; confident but wary ? You fear any player in particular from France, Fofana, Picamoles ??

I'm asking out of pure innocence, I'm just genuinely curious, I don't do minds games.
I suppose if I were a NZ'er, I'd probably be confident of course but then there's always this bother in the back of my mind that you never know with these darn frenchies ! (?)

Very excited. I'd say the overall mood of New Zealand is extremely confident - with pangs anxiouness when reminded what happens when we're extremely confident against the French.

I almost prefer this time of the year in terms of rugby more than any other time. We get to see new players debut - with the hope that 1 or two of them will be the next Christian Cullen, Jerry Collins etc.

In terms of French players its weird. I obviously look forward to seeing the centre pairing of Fofana and Bastereud, but the only two players which have proven to cause the AB's problems are Dusautoir, Mas and Michelak (not saying there won't be some new names to fear after this series). I'm really hoping Nyanga gets a game as hes one of my favourite French players - and Marc Andreu.

Well, France against New Zealand is often (though definitely not always) closer than expected, so here's for some PSA magic again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very excited. I'd say the overall mood of New Zealand is extremely confident - with pangs anxiouness when reminded what happens when we're extremely confident against the French.

I almost prefer this time of the year in terms of rugby more than any other time. We get to see new players debut - with the hope that 1 or two of them will be the next Christian Cullen, Jerry Collins etc.

In terms of French players its weird. I obviously look forward to seeing the centre pairing of Fofana and Bastereud, but the only two players which have proven to cause the AB's problems are Dusautoir, Mas and Michelak (not saying there won't be some new names to fear after this series). I'm really hoping Nyanga gets a game as hes one of my favourite French players - and Marc Andreu.

cool ! cool...
I like Nyanga a lot too. Marc Andreu has some proving to do this tour, but it may be a lot to ask of him...we'll see how much trust Saint-André puts in him.

It's just what happens to me is I sometimes forget the other team may fear us as well, like, whenever ppl start saying "oh man, the French are playing great !" I feel like they're exaggerating, because it's this subjective scope I've a hard time getting past. I always feel like we could/should do better. And when I see NZ starting the cavalry race, I'll tend to fear it more than I should.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on freaking Michalak...I defended him even during some of the 6N after his miserable play, but he's not nearly rested now after the top 14 final, and he can't seem to gather himself...he looks plunged into a year-long slump...

Mas: should be in a position of strength here, I know it looks stereotypical to say this (like, SH scrums are no good...) but this is the one dept. we should have a rather noticeable upperhand in the series.
Dusautoir: never found his form from 2011 and before to me since...

and ZeFrenchy: that try is simply the single greatest of all-time for me. And yes, it is Saint-André's first return since then, as a coach this time.........unfortunately...

Latest posts