France v Italy

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
France.gif
France v Italy
Italy.gif
</div>

So no grand slam in his first season for Lièvremont but there's still a championship to play for but yet again he's still intent on bringing in new faces to the squad and more than happy to drop the likes of Heymans, Parra who I thought was particularly impressive against England, et al.

Plenty of new faces then to face the Azzuri who are not without their own problems following the banning of Mauro Bergamasco for 13 weeks having been found guilty of gouging in the Wales match.

Still though with all the changes in the French setup is an upset on the cards or will France rack up a cricket score and eat into the Welsh's superiour points difference???

As disappointing as the last outing by the Italian team was, an upset is still possible. France have the talent, but lack some common sense (running the ball into touch several times isn't really tactical brilliance.

Italy did wel in the first half against Wales. If Canale could catch a ball, they would have had 2 tries. Masi needs to go. That interception pass had been coming all tournament. Then again, if Marcato plays FH, who to play fullback? I'd stick with Canale at FB and Bergamasco at OC, but I'm afraid Mallet will stick to Bergamasco/Canale at all costs in midfield. The french, who will they play?

Not knowing the starting XV's, I'd say France to win by 10.

As disappointing as the last outing by the Italian team was, an upset is still possible. France have the talent, but lack some common sense (running the ball into touch several times isn't really tactical brilliance.

Italy did wel in the first half against Wales. If Canale could catch a ball, they would have had 2 tries. Masi needs to go. That interception pass had been coming all tournament. Then again, if Marcato plays FH, who to play fullback? I'd stick with Canale at FB and Bergamasco at OC, but I'm afraid Mallet will stick to Bergamasco/Canale at all costs in midfield. The french, who will they play?

Not knowing the starting XV's, I'd say France to win by 10.
[/b]

I'm agree. Marcato must play as fly half. As fullback Canale or Masi. If Italy plays we could see the real ability of the italian team

I hope we see the return of the class act of the French backs, I love to see them at the top of their game. On the flipside I want to see Italy give them a good run for their money, have been pleasantly surprised by their form.

Viadana's flank Jaco Erasmus or Zanni are good as flank, i'm looking foward to watch italy playing with a real number 10(Marcato) with Galon at number 15.

I hope Marcato finally play as 10.
Masi as 13, and Ongaro as hooker.

Mallet has to understand that we can paly with backs too, our forwards cannot spend all the energies for not scoring...

Hope we will be more clever than the last time, if we play that brainless running rugby like we did against England... the Italians will be waiting for that, and their defense is pretty solid. Their scrum too and we are poor in that aera... don't expect a cricket score this time.

Like always we have plenty of talents in the back but this time this will be a inexperienced back three... Floch/Clerc/Malzieu I suppose ? The Heymans-Clerc harmony will be missing. Floch is good with Clermont, but at international level ? Mmh... fortunately we will see the return of an experienced and reassuring player on the backline, Jauzion. I expect him to be the backs captain, and possibly to slow the game if it's needed.

And like always I expect the Italians to make some stupid errors with the ball on their hands: knock on, intercepted pass, counter kicks... we're deadly on counter attack and this is for me, THE point on wich we will win the game. Italy are a very good team, untill they gets the ball on their hands, thats is their main problem...

So i'd go for a balanced game but a +10-15 win for France with one or two backstabbing counter tries.

I would love to see Medard in a french shirt, better player than Foch IMO, and he is on fire at the moment.

I was following him since 2005 (IRB U19) when he was concussed against the Oz in the sf after scoring two tries on his own., a fantastic runner with the ball now coming good in the top 14.

Forgot to mention Yann David, he is such a powerful bloke with good technique, great hands.

I think the french coach should have a few words of gratitude for Bourgoin, this club despite limited ressources is a fantastic provider of talents for the french team

Milloud, Nallet, Chabal, Bonnaire, Fritz, Parra , Yann David, Boyet, ....

I would love to see Medard in a french shirt, better player than Foch IMO, and he is on fire at the moment.

I was following him since 2005 (IRB U19) when he was concussed against the Oz in the sf after scoring two tries on his own., a fantastic runner with the ball now coming good in the top 14.

Forgot to mention Yann David, he is such a powerful bloke with good technique, great hands.

I think the french coach should have a few words of gratitude for Bourgoin, this club despite limited ressources is a fantastic provider of talents for the french team

Milloud, Nallet, Chabal, Bonnaire, Fritz, Parra , Yann David, Boyet, .... [/b]

I agree, Medard is amazing. No doubt he will be in the team soon (vs Wales ?) and no doubt (if he avoid injuries) that he will be starting at wing of fullback for les Bleus in New Zealand in 2011. Malzieu and Julien 'Sogood' Saubade from Paris are strong too... everybody knows Clerc, Heymans & Rougerie... I think we really have the best reservoir of winger in the world (apart from NZ or Fiji obviously) ... if only it was the same case for props !

And yes, Bourgoin is a fantastic provider of talents... you can add Pascal Papé, Stephane Glas to your list... it's shame that they cannot keep their players, without that, that team would be in Top 14 semi-final each year, and maybe more.

who's Medard? what's his role? [/quote

<div align="center">
3125.jpg
]

Maxime Médard is a young back player of Toulouse. He can play either at the wing or full-back.

He scored 5 tries so far in the 10 Top14 matchs he has played so far.

He was part of the U21 France side which won the World ***le last year versus South Africa.
</div>

@ Don Billy

thank you
is he the new heymans ;) ? [/b]

He has the potential to become Heymans sucessor. Leave him a couple of years ... He should be the next Toulouse marvel.

where are your good players factories? maybe Mallet could make a robbery there :p

France XV
15 Floch
14Rougerie
13 Jauzion
12 David
11 Malzieu
10 Trinh Duc
9 Yachvili
8 Ouedraogo
7 Picamoles
6 Diarra
5 Thion
4 Nallet (cap.)
3 Mas
2 Szarzewski
1 Barcella
Remplaçants:Guirado, Poux, Mela, Bonnaire, Traille, Tomas, Clerc

Lievremont really wants to test his "debutants"

Barcella is predicted to have a tough game against Castrogiovanni, the backrow is totally young and unexperienced, backs strong as usual but with a 19yrs old debutant (Yann David) and the (actually) best NH winger on the bench...

France by 15 (but should struggle a lot in the first half and in the scrummage)

France XV
15 Floch
14Rougerie
13 Jauzion
12 David
11 Malzieu
10 Trinh Duc
9 Yachvili
8 Ouedraogo
7 Picamoles
6 Diarra
5 Thion
4 Nallet (cap.)
3 Mas
2 Szarzewski
1 Barcella
Remplaçants:Guirado, Poux, Mela, Bonnaire, Traille, Tomas, Clerc

Lievremont really wants to test his "debutants"

Barcella is predicted to have a tough game against Castrogiovanni, the backrow is totally young and unexperienced, backs strong as usual but with a 19yrs old debutant (Yann David) and the (actually) best NH winger on the bench...

France by 15 (but should struggle a lot in the first half and in the scrummage)
[/b]

Is Lievremont having a joke with us all? Even Graham Henry wasn't this audacious in selecting youth for the All Blacks and he took a lot stick from the Rugby public.

Italy have a real chance of winning this now and I won't be surprised if they do, and it will serve France right if they think they can go out and win every week with pretty much an U-21 national side.

Well, the tight 5 looks solid(with only Barcella of unproved quality), so a young and very mobile back row can simply go out there and play to their strengths.
The same in the backs, Yachvili to bring his experience to the halves, Jauzion to the centers, Rougerie to the outsides.

And yes, this is the game for Lievremont to experiment - just as last week's shouldn't have been.

Latest posts