Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Saturday 12 Nov 2022
International Rugby

home-logo VS away-logo

France:
15 Thomas Ramos; 14 Damian Penaud, 13 Gael Fickou, 12 Jonathan Danty, 11 Yoram Moefana; 10 Romain Ntamack, 9 Antoine Dupont (captain); 8 Gregory Alldritt, 7 Charles Ollivon, 6 Anthony Jelonch; 5 Thibaud Flament, 4 Cameron Woki; 3 Uini Atonio, 2 Julien Marchand, 1 Cyril Baille
Substitutes: 16 Peato Mauvaka, 17 Reda Wardi, 18 Sipili Falatea, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Bastien Chalureau, 21 Sekou Macalou, 22 Maxime Lucu, 23 Matthieu Jalibert

South Africa:
15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 10 Damian Willemse, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Jasper Wiese, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Ox Nche
Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Marvin Orie, 20 Kwagga Smith 21 Cobus Reinach, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Makazole Mapimpi

Last edited:
The narrow loss to Ireland actually makes me semi optimistic that this one also shouldn't be a big loss. I think bringing Le Roux in at 15 and Kolbe back at 14 is better. Also, Libbok is a good player for the bench if you need him IMO. His place kicking in and of itself would be worthwhile. I'd not be against seeing Willemse shifting to the centers rather to accommodate Libbok.

My only concern is Orie on the bench. I just don't understand his inclusion still. The SA 'A' team will have better locks. Am continues to leave a huge hole. I am happy enough with the Ireland loss in that we did test out a few players in the backline and got valuable feedback and players like Hendricks and Willemse got valuable experience in key positions all whilst we were in with a good shout of taking a W.

I actually think- and this is of course hindsight- that it would have been even more valuable to put a bolter like Henco van Wyk in at 13 while we are without Am. My feeling is the drop off from Am to Kriel is just too big but maybe I am missing something the staff value. Another player I obviously value a lot more than the coaching staff is Warrick Gelant. Why Mapimpi is on the bench instead of an actual 15 is beyond me. If he is fit why not simply start him on the wing. I think we've seen Kolbe at 15 is not ideal and if we are continuing giving Willemse opportunity at 10 then lets do that and not force ourselves to move everyone around all the time.

Pick of the games this week. You have to fancy France but should be a close game. If SA are there or thereabouts after an hour I'll fancy them to go on and win. They'll be ****** off after that result last week and will be itching to get a scalp here.

Probably not a lot between them, have to give a marginal win to France with home advantage, really interesting to see how these stack up though.

I don't expect a Boks try from open play with that centre combo. I don't mind Kriel or DDA, but together?

France by 10

Barnsey will talk this down to a pk only. Boys just having fun on the park.

Latest posts