• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Wales

Good news for Wales after Jamie Roberts was cleared to play following the scan on his shoulder, according to Sky Sports

Why is that good news. I though the lowly Worsley has dispelled the myths around this Jamie "One trick pony" Roberts chap.

Except for the fact it was Roberts break from his own half which led to Halfpenny getting within feet of the line, forcing Goode to slow the ball down to prevent Wales scoring a try, getting himslef yellow carded which ultimately led to the try Halfpenny did score!

Considering Worselay's only job was to man mark Roberts, maybe he didn't do such a good job afterall! I'd like to see Ireland try that one, they haven't got a stong enough pack to hold Wales' scrum with O'Gara at 8 lol. That will leave you with Ronan "I can't tackle for sh*t" O'Gara trying to stop Roberts from crossing the gain line in midfield, good luck!

Edit: I know I took the bait, was taisty too!

I would just like to know why England's game plan revolved around stopping Roberts if he is clearly such a limited player?

If anything Wales relied too much on Powell and had more success when they used Roberts, he certainly broke more tackles than Powell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 18 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Except for the fact it was Roberts break from his own half which led to Halfpenny getting within feet of the line, forcing Goode to slow the ball down to prevent Wales scoring a try, getting himslef yellow carded which ultimately led to the try Halfpenny did score![/b]
The is as close to chaos thoery as ive seen on this forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 18 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Edit: I know I took the bait, was taisty too![/b]
Was hoping someone would good and early. Nothing else to do but argue for the next week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 18 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would just like to know why England's game plan revolved around stopping Roberts if he is clearly such a limited player?[/b]
Kinda simple really. Their plan consisted of stopping yours. Very limted outlook by a limited team, with limited offensive capabilities looking to limit the damage done to them. The worrying thing is you kept sending Mr "Bish-Bash-Bang-Whallop-Merchant" Roberts down the same channel time and time again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 18 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If anything Wales relied too much on Powell and had more success when they used Roberts, he certainly broke more tackles than Powell.[/b]
Meh ................. another one trick pony being shown up for what he is. Unlike the rugby god that is JAMIE HEASLIP!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 18 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought Heaslip was a Thor reincarnate?
Jesus, I'm confused (pun intended.)[/b]

I'm kinda getting confused myself but I think HEASLIP (all caps please) was God and Kearney was Jesus (but I'd prefer the likes of Thor or Atlas). I'm getting lost between all the threads so I'm not sure if I'm fully up to date, but thats where I left it.

wait, what happened to BOD being god or has he moved above an all powerful deity at this stage?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Feb 17 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 16 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't understand this obsession with Henson, he's always looking for an excuse and given the form of the other centres is surplus to requirements as far as I'm concerned[/b]
Yeah I'm of the same mind. I think the "everyone hate Henson" boat has well and truly sailed so maybe someone could explain what it is Henson has done to deserve such effection from the Welsh support? I remember well THAT game against England, but aside from that, I can hardly remember him playing a game at all.

With Ireland we have the likes of O'Driscoll and O'Connell because they have done it on the pitch so often, O'Gara we like because he is all we have, but we also have the likes of D'Arcy who after having one spectacular season, lived a little off the reputation gained in those days while going a solid job in the middle of the pitch. Never matching those days, but not letting the side down either.

Is Henson not something similar?
[/b][/quote]
Henson and Darcy are both class. Any side without players like that is less than it should be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Feb 19 2009, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 18 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except for the fact it was Roberts break from his own half which led to Halfpenny getting within feet of the line, forcing Goode to slow the ball down to prevent Wales scoring a try, getting himslef yellow carded which ultimately led to the try Halfpenny did score![/b]
The is as close to chaos thoery as ive seen on this forum.[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roberts does his job at number 12 well, he carries the ball forward and builds up a platform, I only actually saw Roberts pushed backwards once (maybe twice) in the entire match (england), and I don't think he got turned over, he may have not made the gainline as much as in the Scotland game but he is still a powerful guy. Roberts and Powell just need to work on their offloading skills, that's why Henson is Gatland's favorite, he draws in tacklers and then offloads. If Joe Worsley had faced a Henson 12 and Roberts 13 then the match would have followed a different path.

If Powell doesn't start showing some improvisation skills his lions place may well be taken by Heaslip (God, Thor or Lugh (Irish God) in my opinion)

If memory serves me right, Roberts was turned over once, in his only real mistake of the match when he failed of spread the ball off a turnover on halfway midway through the second half. He got himself isolated and someone (maybe Worseley) got over the ball and Roberts was pinged for holding on.

so Bishop has been recalled to the Welsh squad as a precaution cause Jamie Roberts hasn't trained all week even though he's been given the all clear following the scan on his shoulder.

The Scrum V team have Wales down as clear favourites. Don't know how valid the opinions of Gwyn Jones and Robert Jones are, but I'm going to agree with them. :D

interesting what they said about France having plenty of class players (Clerc, Harinordoque, Dusatoir so on so forth) but don't seem to have a strong team, while Wales also have plenty of superb players, but they link together to make a strong team.
Not sure what to make fo this one, guess all you can say is it depends on which France team turns up. Then again, if we play defensivly like we did against them last year, then we should cruise it. Am a bit worried about all the loose kicks we do - if you give the ball to the French back 3 and a broken field for them to run at, you're going to have a fun day trying to stop them.

Gatland will change his tactics against France, in the same way he did last year. Instead of keeping the ball on the field, he'll want the kicks to find touch, preferably into the stands to stop them running the ball back. I don't think we're clear favourites atall, France can be a mighty team on their day, they can score tries from anywhere on the field, that means they're always in with a very good chance of winning.

I say it's 50-50 really, Wales have the momentum and confidence, France have home advantage (not always good if they start slowly and the crowd get's ontheir backs) and the usual French flair. I'm going to go for a Wales win, just because we have been playing reasonably consistent wheras it all depends on which French team turns up. It's set-up to be a cracker, I can't wait!

Yeah, the French have played like dickheads so far, but something sickening tells me that they're going to turn it on against us. =|

PS: Had Gwyn Jones been on the ol' wacky backy or did Dusatoir actually make 38 tackles v NZ in RWC2007??!!! :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, the French have played like dickheads so far, but something sickening tells me that they're going to turn it on against us. =|

PS: Had Gwyn Jones been on the ol' wacky backy or did Dusatoir actually make 38 tackles v NZ in RWC2007??!!! :huh:[/b]

You probably did not watch the Ireland vs France game. :huh:

Latest posts