France vs All Blacks (21/11/21) 09.00am NZDT @ Stade de France, Paris

Ruggerz

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Crusaders RU
760x480_fr-nzelande.jpg

This one should be good; pity France are a little undercooked; albeit great that they've allowed Georgia to play some proper rugy

Foster is telling the AB backs to lift their game against France, really it's all the backs fault ??? ...yeah our backs didn't perform well, but anyone that knows their rugby realizes the forwards govern every game, get on top there & you're well in control of the match, most of the blame has to go on our forwards, they were very lacklustre, just didn't do the basics well up front, our forwards were bloody awful.

NZRU need to get rid of that clown Foster, pay him out of his contract - have watched him on tv interviews, it's like the light are on, but nobody is home, he tends to coach the ABs the same way... if we have another shocker like that in the forwards this weekend it will be the same result.

Foster is telling the AB backs to lift their game against France, really it's all the backs fault ??? ...yeah our backs didn't perform well, but anyone that knows their rugby realizes the forwards govern every game, get on top there & you're well in control of the match, most of the blame has to go on our forwards, they were very lacklustre, just didn't do the basics well up front, our forwards were bloody awful.

NZRU need to get rid of that clown Foster, pay him out of his contract - have watched him on tv interviews, it's like the light are on, but nobody is home, he tends to coach the ABs the same way... if we have another shocker like that in the forwards this weekend it will be the same result.
the forwards dont dictate the backs passing poorly (to shoulders or behind), they also dont make the backs afraid of contact leading to the stepping themselves into isolation or throw hospital passes, the forwards can do more but that back are far from faultless

I would like to think we often bounce back from a loss but who knows, just hope for another interesting game

the forwards dont dictate the backs passing poorly (to shoulders or behind), they also dont make the backs afraid of contact leading to the stepping themselves into isolation or throw hospital passes, the forwards can do more but that back are far from faultless

I would like to think we often bounce back from a loss but who knows, just hope for another interesting game
Not saying the backs were faultless, a fair bit of the time they didn't read the game properly taking poor options as you said... but the forwards are the foundation of the game, don't do the job there & you're on the back foot most of the time, it cuts down the backs time & space heaps, especially when the 9 is receiving slow phase ball.

We seemed to be trying to counter their rushing defence with up & unders, silly tactic... if we use a kicking tactic against a rushing defence it makes much more sense to mainly kick into space behind them, with wiper kicks towards the sideline etc, pinning them in their own half, also then they can only attack from one side of the field, thought Frans Steyn did that brilliantly when he came on against the ABs in the 2nd half in that ABs/Boks test.

This is the ABs, so I'd expect a big improvement from the forwards & backs, if that doesn't happen there's going to be a ton of pressure on Foster, reckon there still will be even if we beat France.

Last edited:
Well I'm back on the forum as I was abruptly logged out a month ago and forgot my details!!. The "Oliver Madden" username is no more. Anyway, I've been watching the Autumn games and at the start this was probably the pick of them but the All Blacks have created a sticky situation for themselves by losing to Ireland. I thought Ireland would run them close but I expected NZ to sneak it. However, they were totally outplayed all over the pitch and the ABs forwards yet again didn't dominate the opposition. An All Black loss in this game is a real possibility but I just have a feeling that the style of play that the French will bring will suit the ABs more. If France play smart they can win this but if they spread the ball wide when it's not on the ABs will kill them on turnover ball. I'm predicting an All Blacks win by 6 points but should be an absolute belter.

I am still amazed by the ridiculously premature decision of the NZRU board to extend Foster's contract before any "real tests" being played this year (no disrespect to Australia though). This ABs side is in deep trouble and has so many problems that only a cleanout at the coaching panel level would give them a fair shot of RWC 2023 glory.

Gatland to be AB coach by end of 2022. You heard it here first;).

Not saying the backs were faultless, a fair bit of the time they didn't read the game properly taking poor options as you said... but the forwards are the foundation of the game, don't do the job there & you're on the back foot most of the time, it cuts down the backs time & space heaps, especially when the 9 is receiving slow phase ball.

We seemed to be trying to counter their rushing defence with up & unders, silly tactic... if we use a kicking tactic against a rushing defence it makes much more sense to mainly kick into space behind them, with wiper kicks towards the sideline etc, pinning them in their own half, also then they can only attack from one side of the field, thought Frans Steyn did that brilliantly when he came on against the ABs in the 2nd half in that ABs/Boks test.

This is the ABs, so I'd expect a big improvement from the forwards & backs, if that doesn't happen there's going to be a ton of pressure on Foster, reckon there still will be even if we beat France.
That post echoes every post on Irish rugby after a loss for 6 odd years. We had a lot off success which was proven to be on foundations of sand. I doubt NZ are capable of falling as low as we did but interesting nonetheless.

To be honest it's probably just showing what an outlier Saturday was. A developing team hitting their stride v an out of sorts squad.

Anyway, can't wait for this. NZ rarely face sides who can cut teams apart as well as they do.

Gatland to be AB coach by end of 2022. You heard it here first;).
Highly unlikely that the NZRU board will acknowledge their mistake in appointing Ian Foster in the first place, let alone the sneaky and ridiculously premature decision of extending his contract. And I don't really think that the NZ general public would be too keen on such a move, moreover in light of Warren Gatland's recent adventure with the Chiefs.

If there is one person that could turn the ship around for better waters, come up with a fresh idea and approach, is Scott Robertson. However, it might be a bit too late for preparing the RWC 2023, unless Ian Foster and his coaching panel get sacked after the ABs will lose to France, which I predict will happen. I just don't see New Zealand coming atop on Saturday night.

That post echoes every post on Irish rugby after a loss for 6 odd years. We had a lot off success which was proven to be on foundations of sand. I doubt NZ are capable of falling as low as we did but interesting nonetheless.

To be honest it's probably just showing what an outlier Saturday was. A developing team hitting their stride v an out of sorts squad.

Anyway, can't wait for this. NZ rarely face sides who can cut teams apart as well as they do.
NZRU made a huge mistake by not selecting Crusaders coach Scott Robertson - Honestly our current coaching staff are ruining the reputation of AB rugby, not selecting the right players, poor tactics etc, for example these clowns have no idea how to counter a rushing defence, which is hardly bloody rocket science.
ABs assistant coach Plumtree, who is the forwards coach, he use to be my Hurricanes coach, the bloke is as poor as Foster is... before Plumtree we had Chris Boyd as our Hurricanes coach { you might know him, he's now coaching in the UK} Boyd was a top coach for us, we had him for 3 years & we made 2 Super Rugby Finals, winning one & made a semi, when Boyd left Plumtree replaced him & our performances really dropped off.

Team sport has a lot to do with each individual focusing on their own role with real urgency etc... do that & your team will perform to the best of their ability, thought Ireland did that brilliantly.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely that the NZRU board will acknowledge their mistake in appointing Ian Foster in the first place, let alone the sneaky and ridiculously premature decision of extending his contract. And I don't really think that the NZ general public would be too keen on such a move, moreover in light of Warren Gatland's recent adventure with the Chiefs.

If there is one person that could turn the ship around for better waters, come up with a fresh idea and approach, is Scott Robertson. However, it might be a bit too late for preparing the RWC 2023, unless Ian Foster and his coaching panel get sacked after the ABs will lose to France, which I predict will happen. I just don't see New Zealand coming atop on Saturday night.
its an interesting idea, the Crusaders plus 4 or 5 key players (smith, barrett's, Ioane's) could potentially do better than the current AB's squad

Latest posts