• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs England (30/04/2022) 14h15m UTC @ Stade Jean Dauger, Bayonne

die_mole

International
TRF Legend
Women's Six Nations brought to you by Ke$ha decider.

I've had this one circled on my calendar for a while as it was a real good fixture last year. England's captain is out with injury but should be a good one no matter what.

Coverage in the states has moved from Youtube to FloRugby so I'll be watching in 10 minute increments with 5 minutes of buffering.

BBC Preview

Don't forget - Uhtrect Shield is up for grabs as well - who get's to take it to the RWC with them?

Womens 6 nations has been a great product this year after being separated from men's.
Investment needed from unions bar France, England to make it a great stand alone product.
Should be a good game, head on block England by -10 pull away in last 15.

It's going to be fascinating.
Both teams have tended to be 30-odd up at half time, with the TBP secured.

Second halves, England have pushed on to score another 30-odd, whilst France have sat back and protected themselves a bit.

Beyond that, I'd say that France have squandered more chances with poor handling, and are more reliant on good, heads-up rugby; whilst England have been more clinical, and earning their tries through game management creating the opportunities.

When the chips are down, I'd back England to win, even in France, but it's no gimme, and France should be that little bit fresher. Although, we haven't really seen what their bench can do, as they haven't needed to show us yet.

I haven't been able to find odds on the game (not interested in betting just want to see who the favorite is). I haven't watched this year due to the change in broadcast partner but the highlights have shown both sides to be thoroughly dominant. Just looking at numbers England have been the stronger side but it should be a great game.

From what I gather last year was close because France smashed England at the scrum. Apparently they have fixed that, so England should be favourites. However, world no.1 vs world no. 3 do anything could happen.

In a related note, Wales lose again in the final minutes to Italy after a Welsh player is given player of the match.

Atrocious kicking from England, too deep. Too long and players not chasing well, then poor positioning for the kick back.

In a related note, Wales lose again in the final minutes to Italy after a Welsh player is given player of the match.
Good to see the women's game taking giant steps forward.

England seems off. Short passes aren't as crisp as they should be.

Good to see the women's game taking giant steps forward.

England seems off. Short passes aren't as crisp as they should be.
England definitely looking nervous and edgy. Luckily they have started most games poorly and slowly gained momentum through the match, so hopefully this is just an early blip.

Good response by England. France lucky, some refs might have still given a yellow despite the score.

Good spot by the ref I thought turnover was good.

England super clinical all around, they've turned it on last 15 minutes.

Well what the hell happened here.

France's red zone attack will bite them in the ass.

Well what the hell happened here.

France's red zone attack will bite them in the ass.
Think because she picked it up over the line it counts as touching down and so goal line drop out. Big mental win for England at the end to not let France score.

If England score first after half time then I don't see France having enough to come back.

her yellow threshold seems to be incredibly high.

Not the player you want to lose, let's see how England kills the card.

Scarett and Rowland have been incredible.

This French line out is abysmal from throw to finish.

Latest posts