• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 29 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Nov 29 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the point where incidents are still alleged offences, this kind of comment is inflammatory. At the point when an offence has been proven, it is still poor terminology, ill defined and able to be interpreted as a broader swipe at a nation.

The attached article is not proof of anything, nor is it vindication of this kind of commentary. Please cease this kind of language.
[/b][/quote]
Hey, all comments welcome. But I was hoping for a SA/Burger style video instead of some boring news report. Don't think anyone is making a fuss of this anyway.

Pity I didn't see the game, the end score tells me this was one hell of a game.
Well done NZ.

Oooooo to be honest I'm not surprised. If were being honest, while the French fans are being pretty good about it, the players were introducing a good bit of ****le at the end of the game. Add to this the fact that New Zealand players dont usually whinge publicly (the coaches and press are the same as the rest of us) and there could be something to look at here.

All depends on the release of the TV evidence "if" there is any.

Whichever way things go, an eye-gouge is always a serious accusation/offence, so I imagine with proof yet to be shown, there'll no doubt be caution from both teams in reference to it.

I thought the scuffle put a damper on Conrads try he looked rapt as but only got congratulated by 1 of his team mates because the rest were in that sideline mess. Other than that and a few other little ****ly moments it was awesome to see some running Rugby. Even when the French were on the charge it was good I think I was just so happy to see someone running with the ball instead of kicking it.

Yes amobokobokoboko it's a awesome game it's the type of Rugby I think fans have been missing out on for some time now.

Ouch, but what a great team the ABs are when they play like that. I honestly think we couldn't have done anything to stop them. So let us just rest and focus on the 6N, I still think it was a rather good tour with lots of things to learn from.
:bravo: All Blacks, thanks for setting the example of ohw rugby should be played

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Nov 29 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The french played upto there dirty standard eye gouging woodcock *dirty pricks* lucky it wasnt his ball bag this time[/b]

Please get yourself a penis and learn to be gracious in victory...

Before this game I thought Cory Jane was a solid winger who was good defensively, reliable under the high ball and so on. Like Mark Cueto.

I now realise he is much much more. He and Sivivatu had absolute crackers yesterday, if they both play like that every match then Shane Williams is the only winger in the world who can compete.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Nov 29 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ouch, but what a great team the ABs are when they play like that. I honestly think we couldn't have done anything to stop them. So let us just rest and focus on the 6N, I still think it was a rather good tour with lots of things to learn from.
:bravo: All Blacks, thanks for setting the example of ohw rugby should be played[/b]

I watched again some long highlights of the match this morning and i would say that France let played AB like that too , we were not in our match in a defensive point of view . 3rd row and 9/10 AB have played in a smooth sofa because they were not under pressure at all from the french 3rd row . And so Trinh Duc had a lot of pressure and could not launch game properly . So yeah AB have played not far from perfection yesterday , making every balls dangerous and being highly efficient in term of score but i'm not sure with a stronger pressure AB would have been able to play like they played . so i'm not so disapointed as i think france has missed his match in a defensive POV and i think we are able to do much better in term of pressure . like against SA...

there has been some impressive moment where AB and FR were playing really quick...There was some great high level moment but not enough from France .

Overall i think we miss some athletes on our back line , we miss tonicity and speed defenitly and that is a long time that it is a statement against blacks ...i think Jauzion , traille , marty are outdated and are slow like cows ...i think medard can be good but he defenitly miss tonicity and strenght against players like sivivatu , nonu or janes...i'm looking forward to see more of Mermoz , David , Bastareaud , they are much more stronger and more professionals than our old crowd IMO .

Do not get me wrong , they are always good but not enough anymore compare to the international level standard ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 29 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Before this game I thought Cory Jane was a solid winger who was good defensively, reliable under the high ball and so on. Like Mark Cueto.

I now realise he is much much more. He and Sivivatu had absolute crackers yesterday, if they both play like that every match then Shane Williams is the only winger in the world who can compete.[/b]

Very fast, tall, strong legs and good kicking..

And an unbelievable hand-off.

He´s got a very bright future ahead!

For guys who want to see again match on youtube , it exists in several part , here is for the first part :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJyMsbT4p6k&NR=1

I watched again the entire first half , France is defenitly not rewarded at all because of bad choices (when Jauzion succeed in p-assing AB defense , just after first AB try , he had 4 players on his right , ouedrago , barcella , marty and clerc , and there was only 2 black to defend ..the try was all made but barcella forgot marty and clerc on the right ...) as AB succeeded in all what they tried . At the 30th minutes with this scrum for AB in the middle of the field , Carter is awesome ! this little flat run to aspire the french defense and this little kick above this defense ...then little jog to take his right place where he received the ball again to make a perfect pass to muliaina who arrived at high speed ...Ouch that is hard to stop when rugby is played like that ...not sure though that AB could do that on every game ...they would be World champion :p ..and on the scrum where AB scored , i think there is a mistake from AB but Carter's action just before deserved a try so...

Defenilty we consumed too much players on ruck for nothing as AB were playing with their head , not consuming themselves stupidly . The result of that is that we were always outnumbered by the AB defense ...French players did not play smartly last evening and it made a big difference at the end ...though , i think it would have been hard to win against these blacks , they were very agressive in a good way et simply well prepared for this match .

Well 39:12 fascinating score

Will be pleasant for NZ to manage to win against France on RWC

Even without such a score difference ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Nov 29 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Even without such a score difference ;)[/b]

I beg to differ sir ;) , I think the kiwis will agree with me that usually world cup matches are a totally different story. Gosh I watched the game again and it's just amazing how the ABs capitalized on every error we made by playing out-of-this-world rugby with an extraterrestrial 10 and the world's best back three.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Nov 30 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Nov 29 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I beg to differ sir ;) , I think the kiwis will agree with me that usually world cup matches are a totally different story. Gosh I watched the game again and it's just amazing how the ABs capitalized on every error we made by playing out-of-this-world rugby with an extraterrestrial 10 and the world's best back three.
[/b][/quote]

Well I really think RWC games are different but:

What you say about the fact that France manages to overcome ABs on RWCs

And I said ABs would be happy to do the same with France on RWCs as they did on the previous match ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Nov 30 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Nov 30 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Nov 29 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Well I really think RWC games are different but:

What you say about the fact that France manages to overcome ABs on RWCs

And I said ABs would be happy to do the same with France on RWCs as they did on the previous match ;)
[/b][/quote]

The AB's have beaten France to win a world cup. France has beaten the All Blacks at the world cup once more than we've beaten them, yet they've not been able to win the world cup. I think France has used up it's two world cup surprise attacks and if France thinks the All Blacks are going to fall into looking one game ahead again, it's going to make for a wake up call for France.

Once was a surprise in the '99 semi. The second time was a bunch of players in the All Blacks talking about the semi without even playing the quarter in '07. They seemed to have automatically switched off, going into the game thinking "it'll never happen twice". They played poorly and France played well.

If anyone in France thinks that it's the way history will play out over and again, they truly are dreaming. Now that it's happened twice, they should be praying not to meet us in any part of a world cup. We will never be surprised again. New Zealand ranks France number one in world cups as the team we don't want to lose to again. Thats narrowly over Australia and then South Africa. England haven't beaten us in a world cup as yet.

I would say that it is kind of a big confidence you have , i would say that AB has been beaten by france exactly when they had this sort of confidence ...In being philosophe , i would say it is a good thing for the WRC that AB beats Fr so hugely yesterday , France won't come with any confidence and it is in that sort of situations that we are doing our best against AB ...

You should admit that AB does not play like that all the time , even more rarely this year , and any other match will be another situation with a result that is certainly not made in advance...

HA and we had our wake up call yesterday already ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 30 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would say that it is kind of a big confidence you have , i would say that AB has been beaten by france exactly when they had this sort of confidence ...In being philosophe , i would say it is a good thing for the WRC that AB beats Fr so hugely yesterday , France won't come with any confidence and it is in that sort of situations that we are doing our best against AB ...

You should admit that AB does not play like that all the time , even more rarely this year , and any other match will be another situation with a result that is certainly not made in advance...[/b]

No, you are wrong. It's not confidence like we had in the past. It's fear, fear of losing. The All Blacks don't fear France in the world cup, but they terrified of losing to them again. They will never take France for granted in world cups again. No matter if they have the most terrible lead in to the cup. The All Blacks are going to literally assume that France will play like supermen on the day, so if we meet again the All Blacks will play like it's the last day of their life.

We're not assuming we'll win either. I'm merely saying New Zealand will throw every single last piece of their essence into beating France if we meet in a world cup. If we lose, (which could happen.......maybe), France will have to have played twice as good as what beat us in the other two world cups.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 29 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 30 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should admit that AB does not play like that all the time , even more rarely this year , and any other match will be another situation with a result that is certainly not made in advance...[/b]

No, you are wrong. It's not confidence like we had in the past. it's fear. The All Blacks don't fear France in the world cup, but they terrified of losing to them again. They will never take France for granted in world cups again. No matter if the have the most terrible lead in to the cup. The All Blacks are going to literally assume that France will play like supermen on the day, so if we meet again the All Blacks will play like it's the last day of their life.
[/b][/quote]

Ok i took it like sort of confidence , i understand much better ;) but i think it will never stop a team to make a shitty match (even if you will be carefull ) and it can happens to a lot of team ...

Edit : a France-AB final maybe ?? for once , we won't meet before the final :p

Who's to say the All Blacks will even make it to the quarter finals? anyway whatever happens good luck to both teams. I just hope we see good Rugby like what we saw in the weekend. I really do think the French deserve alot of credit for the way they played. The French came out and played Real Rugby probably knowing that it's the style the All Blacks excel in but it renewed my faith in the game because I was getting really sick and tired of all the kicking it was getting very frustrating.

The only thing I didn't get was how come Cedric Heymans didn't start? dude was beast when he came to New Zealand and gave Corey Jane, Roks and Mils a spankin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 30 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 29 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 30 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you are wrong. It's not confidence like we had in the past. it's fear. The All Blacks don't fear France in the world cup, but they terrified of losing to them again. They will never take France for granted in world cups again. No matter if the have the most terrible lead in to the cup. The All Blacks are going to literally assume that France will play like supermen on the day, so if we meet again the All Blacks will play like it's the last day of their life.
[/b][/quote]

Ok i took it like sort of confidence , i understand much better ;) but i think it will never stop a team to make a shitty match (even if you will be carefull ) and it can happens to a lot of team ...

Edit : a France-AB final maybe ?? for once , we won't meet before the final :p
[/b][/quote]

Yes, all I was saying is that it's dangerous for some of you french fans to live in the past. That is the very thing which has cost the All Blacks in the '99 and '07 world cups. If the assumption is "if we meet the All Blacks in a world cup, we'll win", then thats just what we want you to think. New Zealanders have thought stupidly about playing France in those cups, "we'll beat them", "they did it to us in '99, it won't happen twice", were two of the arrogant things I heard before the quarter final.

I was working as a bouncer at a pub that night and the most common thing I heard from customers was "so, who do we play in the semi?". It was foolish.

Now everyone I speak to about a world cup says that they think the toughest team for us in a world cup is France. Everyone says they'll never make those assumptions again. I also ask, "If New Zealand had to lose the next world cup, but take down one side before they leave, who would it be"? France is the team they all say, out of world cup respect.

Some French fans have started to assume that it's a routine, that they'll beat us. Now the roles are reversed and the misplaced arrogance is going to make for an interesting situation if New Zealand pulls of a win.

A segment of French fans assume that if we meet again in a knock out phase, that the game is theirs. Isn't that what we used to think?

I want us to meet in the next one. Rather than avoid you guys. The All Blacks want the world cup desperately, but if they don't get it, France's scalp and tears will make for a great second prize if we can get it.

To jawmalawm24. I like how you well demonstrate how New Zealanders are no longer that arrogant. It shows how realistic we've all become when someone like yourself says "how do we know we'll even make it out of pool play". It's a good thing not to assume anything, we could end up in a pool of death with Argentina and South Africa or something, or maybe with Ireland and a resurgent England, so yeah you make a point there.

My whole point is not about All Blacks arrogance, it's just this whole blind "France are your nemesis" thing. The truth is "France was our nemesis at world cups and could be again", not this assumption that we will lose if we play them at the RWC.

Latest posts