• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

Can you kiwis please stop blaming a forward pass? Can you hear any French people calling So'oialo's try a double movement? No? Exactly, so f*** off and stop whinging! Its barely acceptable that you can whinge about forward passes as it is! [/b]
I agree, that's the way that modern International rugby is played nowadays. Alot of borderline forward passes, interception tries & a load of up & unders.

Can you kiwis please stop blaming a forward pass? Can you hear any French people calling So'oialo's try a double movement? No? Exactly, so f*** off and stop whinging! Its barely acceptable that you can whinge about forward passes as it is!
[/b]

There was no question of So'oialo's try being a double movement; the ref checked with the linesman and the TMO.

As to the forward pass, well, it's not like the All Blacks have never scored from a forward pass.

So'oialo's knee was down, then he crawled, what do you call it then?
[/b]

I call it momentum but hey, who cares. We lost. You Brits seem to be the only ones here now talking trash. Most of us have owned up to our shithouse display of Rugby today and the courageous French performance. WTF more can be said?

Yeah, but "us brits" have been on the recieving end of "We'll win the world cup" trash talk for the past 4 years.

Humble pie, my friend...

But i believe that So'oialo scored the try. You're allowed to put the ball anywhere you want immediately after the tackle. He chose to put it over the try line.

From what I remember, So'oialo was short but went over in one continuous movement. If got stopped short then crawled over, then it would be double movement.

<div class='quotemain'>
Can you kiwis please stop blaming a forward pass? Can you hear any French people calling So'oialo's try a double movement? No? Exactly, so f*** off and stop whinging! Its barely acceptable that you can whinge about forward passes as it is!
[/b]

There was no question of So'oialo's try being a double movement; the ref checked with the linesman and the TMO.

As to the forward pass, well, it's not like the All Blacks have never scored from a forward pass.

[/b][/quote]

What the f- is a linesman?

Yeah, but "us brits" have been on the recieving end of "We'll win the world cup" trash talk for the past 4 years.

Humble pie, my friend...

But i believe that So'oialo scored the try. You're allowed to put the ball anywhere you want immediately after the tackle. He chose to put it over the try line.
[/b]

Ok, yeah fair enough. But we did have a strong case to talk ourselves up at the time. It just seemed natural that we would win. At least some of us admit we got it terribly wrong when do come to such an end. And I bet most of you believed the same.

You do, you have a very strong case to talk yourselves up.
But you should know that you talk yourselves up, you stand the risk of not living up to your claims and then facing this barrage of abuse.
If you were quietly confident about the whole tournament you wouldn't have to defend yourself and your countrymen so vehemently.

Henry is off to Cardiff Blues with Dai Young moving to coach the Welsh forwards, stay tuned for more news!

Mate you're kidding if you think a losing country isn't going to be ****** at a forward pass that, although missed, cost us so dearly in a rugby game. Think logically. We are really whinging because for the bloddy umtenth time in a row our side has lost despite being pretty bloody good. It's our way of showing all you non New Zealanders what it feels like to barrick for a team that excepts nothing sort of brilliant every game, any game and especially in world cup games.

Please enjoy a gloat at our expence but I for one wouldn't swap the felling of even losing as a All Black supporter for anything.

Like all the rugby nations we love the game and our whing shows our disappoinment but not our true respect for the winners and for the rugby itself. Give us a bit of mourning space to gather our true sences.

What a roller coster of emotions..I feel alive. Frustrated and sad but alive. Via la France

No, a majority of you guys were too arrognat to be given time to mourn.

I think i've discovered New Zealand's new motto:

New Zealand Rugby: There's always next time!

Mate you're kidding if you think a losing country isn't going to be ****** at a forward pass that, although missed, cost us so dearly in a rugby game. Think logically. We are really whinging because for the bloddy umtenth time in a row our side has lost despite being pretty bloody good. It's our way of showing all you non New Zealanders what it feels like to barrick for a team that excepts nothing sort of brilliant every game, any game and especially in world cup games.

Please enjoy a gloat at our expence but I for one wouldn't swap the felling of even losing as a All Black supporter for anything.

Like all the rugby nations we love the game and our whing shows our disappoinment but not our true respect for the winners and for the rugby itself. Give us a bit of mourning space to gather our true sences.

What a roller coster of emotions..I feel alive. Frustrated and sad but alive. Via la France [/b]

Fair enuff but what most people are posting on this site is the fact that when any other nation lose e.g. England, Scotland, Wales etc you guys are the first to start mocking us!!! So we see this as a time to gloat whether two wrongs don't mae a right or whatever the fact is that All Black fans are constatly hype themselves up which they are entitled to but remember whatever goes up must come down and one stage or another and stepping on people to get there, they are just going to wait for you to fall which in this case is all the non-All Black supporters. But I do give credit to how bad Barnes did ref, but then again I have watched Steve Walsh do Wales over many a time!

In the end look its only another 4 years to the next World Cup on your turf!

Can you kiwis please stop blaming a forward pass? Can you hear any French people calling So'oialo's try a double movement? No? Exactly, so f*** off and stop whinging! Its barely acceptable that you can whinge about forward passes as it is! [/b]

Yeah you Kiwi gits!

Theres only one set of fans who can blame things on forward passes and thats us English! Stop stealing our excuses! :%#%#:

The blatant kiwi bashing is getting a bit tiresome. Admittedly, they were hamming it up before the world cup, but this is a bit slack on the NZ members who were always gracious in defeat and supportive of other teams.

To Be honest We are Fans We always expect our teams to Win... (well most of the time) But I do think that New Zealand failed to take chances... The Second try from France was debatable whether it was forward personally the ball went back...

The French really did come alive in the second half, some absolutely lovely Rugby being played...

The blatant kiwi bashing is getting a bit tiresome. Admittedly, they were hamming it up before the world cup, but this is a bit slack on the NZ members who were always gracious in defeat and supportive of other teams. [/b]

I know, it is always a bit of a choker when you see a situation like this.

Sorry, honestly couldn't resist, again...

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

What the f- is a linesman?
[/b][/quote]

LOL, maybe I'm showing my age, but when you've been around a bit, in different countries and different levels, you sometimes hear Touch Judges called things that aren't just four letters long.

The blatant kiwi bashing is getting a bit tiresome. Admittedly, they were hamming it up before the world cup, but this is a bit slack on the NZ members who were always gracious in defeat and supportive of other teams.
[/b]

Sheesh, that's too subtle for most people. An Ocker coming to the defence of the Kiwis...truly this IS the lowest moment of all time...

:(

One interesting thing was how good the French defence was.

It got to the point in the last ten minutes after that try when New Zealand simply imploded, floundering at the base of the break down completely at a loss with what to do against a defence that wasn't running along to the usual "Kiwis win it at the last gasp" script.

It got even more comical when suddenly, with multiple opportunities for drop goals being shunned, they decided to go for pick and go tactics against a side in the NH with forwards almost as powerful and brutal as those of Italy or England. Yikes! You know something is seriously wrong in the head when McCaw decides to try and drive the ball over rather than rely on a drop goal...