• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

Because of the 2 Fijian Wingers....NZ will win...without them they would surely loose this one...All BLacks have all the skills and these two wingers will complement the rest of the All blacks with SPEED/FLAIR.
[/b]

:blink:

That's a insanely good point actually...

never really thought about this... but the ABs would be 10 times less good if you would replace Rococoko and Sivi by... let say... Sackey and Lewsey... or Horgan and Hickie... or any other wingers...

no ?

Well I just can`t understand Traille at 15. He`s a centre, a whole centre and nothing but a centre. If the idea is to kick for the corners and attack the AB lineout, well good luck with your execution. It`s a game plan that can actually work, but you`d better be sure that the execution is perfect. You`ve got to find touch 100% of the time, and even then have your chasers getting upfield in quite a hurry to prevent the quick throw-ins, or else you`re basically screwed. These AB`s can run you ragged if given the chance to counter from deep.

But if there`s one thing that should be worrying the AB`s, it`s the fact that the AB side could just be a little undercooked. The decision to do the warmups at home, and getting through a relatively weak pool doesn`t do a lot for getting you match-sharp. And the 2 stronger teams in the pool, Italy and Scotland, both showed up with either the idea to not risk injury, or they pitched with their second stringers. While I can`t fault the logic, it did nothing for AB preparations. Plus fielding the AB second stringers in their last pool game has left the 1st-chioce side with 2 weeks of no serious rugby.

France, in contrast, have had some seriously tough games coming into the QF, and should be at the peak of their form. Plus, you never know which French team will show up on the day. If they bring their A game against an undercooked AB side, well there`s maybe a chance of an upset. But Don`t put your mortgage on that.

I`m picking the AB`s by 38-20.

[/quote]
<div class='quotemain'> Because of the 2 Fijian Wingers....NZ will win...without them they would surely loose this one...All BLacks have all the skills and these two wingers will complement the rest of the All blacks with SPEED/FLAIR.
[/b]

:blink:

That's a insanely good point actually...

never really thought about this... but the ABs would be 10 times less good if you would replace Rococoko and Sivi by... let say... Sackey and Lewsey... or Horgan and Hickie... or any other wingers...

no ?

[/b][/quote]

I disagree I think if Sackey and Lewsey were in the team they will be made better by the All Blacks. Yeah sure Roks n Sivi are excellent finishers with great strike rates but leaving them out wouldn't make the All Blacks 10 times less good.

Look at Dougie he now holds the record for most tries by an All Black though Roks is creeping on the come up. So if we lost the Fijian boys we could put Dougie & Rico there who's strike rates aren't to shabby either.

But I guess if we're talking about after the world cup than we'd probably be talking about players like Waikato Chiefs Sosene Anesi, Lelia Masaga or Auckland/Wellingtons David Smith who's shredding everyone to pieces in the Air New Zealand cup right now.

An interesting selection. The French have obviously targetted the NZ lineout as an area to attack but are also looking to counter any deep kicks with Traille's boot. The NZ's wont be able to just boot it down field, cause Traille will usually return it with interest.

As for Beauxis, I havent seen enough of him, outside his cameo's here and there. He has an excellent kicking game and he seems physically big enough to defend his channel. I dont really see any problems with this selection, assuming the occasion doesnt get to him. Either way, you have Michalak to come on if you need to open the game up.

4. Pelous :blink: [/b]
This was the only big surprise for me. Pelous has been off the pace for a good year or two. I dont believe he is still one of the best locks in French rugby. Is it Nalle that has missed out due to this selection? Seems strange to me.

I've got a funny feeling about this match, similar to the feeling I had before Wales v Fiji. I expect it to be a lot closer than many expect and hopefully the French can pull of something amazing! Since the Argentine match they have been building steadily and if all goes to plan we could see the French upset New Zealand yet again.

Either way I'm still tipping an Australia v Argentina final!
[/b]

As Argentinian I feel very good to read your coments. I would really like that final, but I have to be realistic and be worried for a South Africa. We are doing great this world cup, we upset the French and Irish and if we can do the same with RSA that will be unvelibable. I think the guys can do it, but I preffer to wait and watch the game.

I'm sure that if you put Toeava and Howlett on the wing the All Blacks would still win.

its great match but NZ if has Carter Howlet will win! i hope Chabal will play great match
[/b]

I don't know why everybody is crazy with Chabal. He is huge, strong, and well fit but not very good player. Against Argentina, minutes before getting into the pitch, the cameras were showing them as the miracle man, people chearing at him, but once inside, Hernandez (I would say 30-40Kg lighter) put him on the floor very easily. Later on others tackled him without dificulty. Nothing to do against Lomu or Rocokoko who could run half of the pitch with 3 players attached to them. There are docens of better forwards in this world cup, he is just the "cave man" marketing man for France

Is Chabal any good for the Sharks?. I've only ever watched 1 season of Heineken Cup but I thought he played pretty good.

He sure made a impact here in Nz especially on Chris Masoe and Ali Williams lol.

I'm with you bruva, ABs are due for a game lacking in mistakes and a bit more stucture, bring on the Frenchies kicking back the ball to us all day as well......

<div class='quotemain'>
its great match but NZ if has Carter Howlet will win! i hope Chabal will play great match
[/b]

I don't know why everybody is crazy with Chabal. He is huge, strong, and well fit but not very good player. Against Argentina, minutes before getting into the pitch, the cameras were showing them as the miracle man, people chearing at him, but once inside, Hernandez (I would say 30-40Kg lighter) put him on the floor very easily. Later on others tackled him without dificulty. Nothing to do against Lomu or Rocokoko who could run half of the pitch with 3 players attached to them. There are docens of better forwards in this world cup, he is just the "cave man" marketing man for France [/b][/quote]

Thing with Chabal is that he is capable of making a big impact, but won't do it every time. Like any big man if you target him you can stop his impact. Hernandez in particular is well known to be a great tackler, so stopping Chabal isn't a huge surprise. But, if NZ don't tackle well, he is the one player to be able to take advantage and get France on the front foot.

I am outraged at being played at lock! MY COACH IS AN IMBECILICAL *******!

MY POSITION IS NUMBER 8!!!!

<div class='quotemain'> I am outraged at being played at lock! MY COACH IS AN IMBECILICAL *******!

MY POSITION IS NUMBER 8!!!! [/b]

Speak in french.

... OK ?
[/b][/quote]
This is an english speaking section of these sacred forums. If people respect me, I respect them. Quite simple my absent-minded acquaintance.

Traille at 15 says everything about The Door's thinking. It's a variation on last November - kick long instead of high. Genius!

Will the ABs kick it high, like Argentina? Or just boot it down to the middle of the French 22?

It's going to be a strange match - cagey and tense.

France may have thrown an early curve ball but the ABs wont change their style or tactics too much if not at all this weekend. Theyll change the tempo. Jerry will hit harder and Joe will run faster.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I am outraged at being played at lock! MY COACH IS AN IMBECILICAL *******!

MY POSITION IS NUMBER 8!!!! [/b]

Speak in french.

... OK ?
[/b][/quote]
This is an english speaking section of these sacred forums. If people respect me, I respect them. Quite simple my absent-minded acquaintance.
[/b][/quote]

:D :D :D :D
That was the best thing I read today. Very smart who post it. I mean, Mr Chabal, great for you to show up here. :cheers: :cheers:
On devrais parler in francaise pour etre plus confortable et d'accord avec la France. Allez Asterix chez les bretons, ramene cette equipe et la potion magique pour samedi prochain! :bana:

i dont know what the french are upto to be honest??
our line-out has had no trouble against them over the years.
its the australian and south african ones that trouble us.

why wouldnt you play a game that takes the all blacks out of there comfortzone?? all there doing here is playing to the all blacks strength... which is possesion... the more ball you give the all blacks the more dangerous they are... field position doesnt bother them as they can score from anywhere...