• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Francois Louw Retiring

Chief Pete

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Exeter
Francois Louw announces his retirement at the end of this current season to take a job in finance, he's still going to be living in Bath...

Contender for best foreign import (him or Brits IMO) and best ever forward to play in the prem...

Had to happen some time, but that's a real blow for me.

Absolutely class, the best player that I can remember playing for Bath. The kind of player that consistently played well even when no one else did.

At times I feel he deserved a better team around him, frankly.

Nick Evans a shout too!
Great shout, think all 3 mentioned would be top 5, personally I'd go with Louw, I've seen Bath take some right hidings and he's still been one of if not the best player on the field...

Evans
Louw
Reihana
Would probably be my list of best imports - though Freddie Tuilagi would be up there too, for bringing his brothers along

You had your chance to Noel Reid him and you ****** it up.

Does Geordan Murphy count as an import.

Louw was absolute quality, especially when he first arrived at Bath, he seemed guaranteed at least two turnovers a game.
Mate keep an eye on the ball in your profile pic, he'll have that away in a second

Louw is pure Alec Guinness,

Definitely one of the best imports the league has seen, glad he gets the opportunity to call time on his career when he sees fit and isn't forced out through injury.

Good topic for discussion, given that we have little else to talk about at the moment.

The best foreign import I've seen is Buck Shelford AINEC. Probably not worthy of being thrown in to the "best ever" mix, but Fritz van Heerden's influence at Leicester was meant to be very impressive, particularly over the development of a young Ben Kay.

Calling him the best ever forward to play in the Premiership is a pretty hot take IMO. I don't think I've ever seen his name on an all time list, unlike Johnson, Hill and Dallaglio.

Louw is pure Alec Guinness,

Definitely one of the best imports the league has seen, glad he gets the opportunity to call time on his career when he sees fit and isn't forced out through injury.
Coronavirus may mean he doesn't get the farewell he deserves. Let's hope we see him on the field again. Ditto Crane and several others.

Foreign import wise I thought Garry Pagel was massively influential for Saints.

Latest posts