• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Frankie Dettori Racing / Melbourne Cup Challenge

Please tell me as i am curious to know how do you actually play this game eg controlling the horse or making him run etc

there must be more than one horse racing game out what about the other ones i was just meaning horse racing games in general

Originally posted by Candyman@May 24 2006, 08:44 PM
Please tell me as i am curious to know how do you actually play this game eg controlling the horse or making him run etc
Sorry i thought you meant this game

Originally posted by Candyman@May 24 2006, 07:44 PM
the horses run automatically at a minimal speed

its up to the player to get the horse into ideal position - front/mid/back - by increasing/decreasing the speed in increments

once horse in ideal position - stamina is generated - the longer ur horse in ideal position - the more stamina u have left by the home stretch to make your final sprint

if u never get ur horse into ideal position u wont have any fuel left in the tank, and will limp home

each horse has an ideal position - like real life some horse like to come from behind, and some like to lead

whilst all this is going on u can turn ur horse left n right to weave thru the field or stay on the rail when the track has a bend

most horse racing ***les use this formula and this one will do aswell

Hey thanks for clearing that up.

It sounds like its going to be a worth while game to look at

This puppy is coming along very nice indeed

check out the link from woosaahs post

some great pics coming thru - the liscencing is really setting this one apart from other ***les..........looking at the pics it feels like i am at the TAB/Pub having a bet.........all i need is teletext :p

So can we actually just sit back and have a betting competition amongst some mates, without the need to do any racing.

I'd be happy with just reading the form guide, choosing how much money to spend and which nag to put it in, er on.

Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@May 30 2006, 12:24 PM
So can we actually just sit back and have a betting competition amongst some mates, without the need to do any racing.

I'd be happy with just reading the form guide, choosing how much money to spend and which nag to put it in, er on.
Correct RIMMER - big Arnie you :p

There's a betting party mode - Where u and a large bunch of punters can select the amount of races to watch

Apparantly according to Mario anyways - the viewing is near 100% of actual racing camera's - ie the far zoom and fixed camera all the way around the track

You can bet on the standard win/place/quin/tri etc etc

I guess u can set a limit of betting capital for each player, and the winner (all winning bets added up over the selected race count) after all the races have been raced is the PUNTER OF PUNTERS

Sounds like a good way to get some mates around for beer and bragging rights

Also u can create many horse, and as such - u can re-create great races of the past with the real horses - ie if u have the time create the best 20 horses of all time - chuck em into the Cox Plate 2020 WFA - and see whom wins - which will be subject to the abilbities u give these created horses

Or u can just step into the betting party, and punt on CPU generated randoms

:cheers: :bleh!: :bravo:

Originally posted by ak47@May 30 2006, 01:01 PM
Apparantly according to Mario anyways - the viewing is near 100% of actual racing camera's - ie the far zoom and fixed camera all the way around the track
The cameras are a mix of real life race cameras as well as cinematic cameras to help enhance the action.

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jun 19 2006, 06:49 PM
Excuse the possibly dumb question, but when is it released or is it already out?
Dave, if you'd only been here when Mario was last about you wouldn't ask those kind of questions! :lol:

Good to see you back Mario, I mean that. I hope this game is a roaring success and well made, will wait and see though. It'd be good to show you that we're not all negative towards Sidhe round here, and praise this game on release. We're just all cautious, is all.

I'm looking forward to renting this. If it's good I'll buy it.

I'd get censored on the Sidhe forums for that view tho. :p

Charge -For being thick as pigshit in public
Verdict - Guilty!

I got so excited about this game I couldn't read the rest of the thread from shaking with anticipation, how soon is soon? :p

Seriously I'm looking forward to it, can envisage many enjoyable 'meetings' at the 'tote' with mates...

there is going to be footage of this game on TV1 in new zealand on Friday 23 June on close up according to Mario.

will be good if it is there :) hopefully i remember and catch it

I'll keep an eye out for it Woosaah. Hopefully they'll say if it's in the home straight!

aparently they are playing the finished product, if its finished why is there no release date o_O i should link to the site but i cant be assed

I am the only one here that works for sidhe remember.

sidhe cop a lot of flak for decisions that rely on their publisher hes.
the game was originally going to come out november/december last year but then hes were able to get more licenses etc for the game which meant a delay to the game of several months. during this time sidhe were coping a lot of flak from fans on their offical forums for delaying the game.

as to when the game actually releases who knows but it mainly comes down to hes and not sidhe.

Latest posts