• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Frankie Dettori Racing / Melbourne Cup Challenge

Originally posted by Mario@Aug 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Trailer is up.

http://www.melbournecupchallenge.com/media.php

High Resolution Quicktime (17.1 mb)
Low Resolution Quicktime (8.2 mb)
Good to see your still plugging around here despite the RL2 backlash ;)

Will check this out soonish

Release date is coming closer i feel :)

Freakin quicktime - i cant get it

I am biting at the bit - need feedback, or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall:

Awesome stuff, Mario.

Got to say, if this baby is half as much fun as it looks (and I'm sure we'll cut it some slack), then we'll finally be able to show you how much we want to rave about another Sidhe game.

The RL2 criticism was quite harsh, although on one point I must say, as a consumer, I'm enjoying this "no release date" stuff. That part of my expectations aren't being hyped, and consequently, I don't feel let down.

I have to say, I'm happy about the whole show so far, on this project.

Thanx.

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 11 2006, 12:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Aug 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Trailer is up.

I am biting at the bit - need feedback, or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall: [/b]
Did you watch the trailer? I can post one on youtube if you want???

Too late :p

MCC Trailer here

Originally posted by dobrien7+Aug 11 2006, 06:41 PM-->
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 11 2006, 12:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Aug 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Trailer is up.

I am biting at the bit - need feedback, or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall:
Did you watch the trailer? I can post one on youtube if you want???

Too late :p

MCC Trailer here [/b]
Legends!!!

Dobrien and Mario

Thankyou for making this day

Deadset this game is sooo awesome - i dont even have to play it - just the looks and the replays and the feeling it gives off is special

I cant wait for this - Release date me!!!!!

yeah excellent, lookin forward to this game more now, had my first serious bet on the horses for a long time last week. ok i only put in 6 bucks. ok it was an easy bet (like random i think) but i did win 280 bucks :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 14 2006, 11:03 AM
yeah excellent, lookin forward to this game more now, had my first serious bet on the horses for a long time last week. ok i only put in 6 bucks. ok it was an easy bet (like random i think) but i did win 280 bucks :)
:bravo:
nice win there Woosaah - I expect the tip time aye? :p

Anyways back to this video

How good are these:

Horses rounding the bend with camera on the ground shaking to feel the thoughbred rumble as they make their moves with whip in hand

Horses disappearing behind big tall trees on the back stretch - gives u the feel of a country race on sky on sunday arvo - only country races really have obstacles blocking the view from the calling stand

1st 10 seconds with horses jumping from gates - it looks REAL FFS

Deadset Mario this is going to turn some heads
Local racing
Best animations i have seen for a horses movements - WEDA (lord of the rings thing) - madness

Any chance of a demo coming out?
I wanna play it now :wall: :wah:

It does look bloody good doesn't it especially the opening of video - so real!

Have got a group of us down here who will be well entertained when this comes out :D

Good find AK. We need to hear more about this ***le. A release date would be great. I know they end up moved sometimes, but this game is really lookin great!

THERE'S A RELEASE DATE RUMOURED :eek:

26/10/06

1. its a thursday
2. its 2 days before the Cox Plate
3. it hasnt been denied by Mario
4. a thread over hours old with this date as ***le, has not been locked @ Sidhe forums

ITS PRETTY MUCH A GIVEN :D

Lock this in, as a starter for the Cox Plate :bana:

updated FAQ on the sidhe forums

this is truly brilliant, its all but confirmed, developments galour, left right n centre

still the 26/10/06 hasnt been denied, and now we get an updated FAQ

deadset i have seen the replay vision - its 100% mirrored to sky racing.........u can barely see any difference with camera positioning and panning angles

oh and check out this from the FAQ - BRILLIANT

What real-world licensed tracks are included?

Randwick, Flemington, Caulfield, Rosehill Gardens, Moonee Valley, Canterbury Park and Warwick Farm are all available, along with thirteen other tracks (for a total of twenty tracks) for your racing pleasure.

What licensed race events are included?

Here's a list of just some of the races included
Turnbull Stakes
AAMI Victoria Derby
The Melbourne Cup
Crown Oaks
Emirates Stakes
The Cox Plate
BMW Caulfield Cup
AJC Derby
Doncaster Handicap
AJC Oaks
Sydney Cup
Epsom Handicap
Warwick Stakes
Chipping Norton Stakes
Challenge Stakes
Royal Sovereign Stakes
Coolmore Classic
Dubai Rosehill Guineas
The Golden Slipper
Queen Anne Stakes
Prince of Wales's Stakes
The Gold Cup
Coronation Stakes
Golden Jubilee Stakes
The King George
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

:D :bana: :bleh!: :cheers:

well that just means its getting close to at least be given a release date

i blame HES

I think that Sidhe are maybe really good at laying the foundations, creating graphics and special features and can bring it all together.

Where I'm guessing the problem lies (in my own uninformed opinion), is that they have trouble ironing out the quirks and unforseen problems that always lay in the end-stage of production.

Given a few years they'll have that down to fine art too.

yeah i dont blame sidhe for it all really, they are really good at creating a pretty decent game. just patches and stuff they arnt good at mainly because HES dont want them to do it. well thats what they say anyway.

Hopefully this game is good with minimal bugs since they have had an extra year to iron it all out

I hope so too. I would be quite awesome to play it against you and Ak47 on live. It'd be cool if we could say things to each other whilst the races were running (in betting party mode)

Release date is announced as 26/10/2006

New screenshots of racing view, and menus on sidhe website

I believe this game will kill it in some areas but fall short in other areas

Have seen the replays and they are estounding......and i heard the commentary works very well

Looking at new screenshots, it seems some of the riding animations are a bit scewiff.........seen this one shot of the jockey with his leg sticking out like he is attempting to kick the horse next to him.......although this could be in the middle of the animation of the jockey heeling his own horse....which is good its just look wierd.

Hopefully this game is very hard like god mode league......coz i know the lifespan of horse racing ***les depends on unlockable races, tracks, and difficulty.

Seeing u can breed generation after generation, i hope their is a difficulty so damn high, u need to breed beast after beast, to be competitive in that difficulty

If you can win a Group 1 race on the highest difficulty, with a default AI horse, in exhibition mode after 5 attempts it will cause longevity problems

one the great things about G1 jockey and Gallop Racers, is that u unlocked big race after big race, and u needed to buy bloody good horses to even finish in the top 5, and then u could only put gaps on the field with a bred foal from these said bloody good horses.

Latest posts