• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Franks brother beat Haymans squat record

I think that quote is key when you were talking about peole like Sheridan, etc...
Can that strength translate into anything functional. We had a body builder come out to rugby training once, he was talking about how he was ready to dominate. He couldn't do **** and then tore his achiles tendon. F'er was on the 'roids. Anyway, glad to see Cron make that notable statement.

I guess everyone gets it already but just wanted to throw in my 10cents. I have played with some guys who were big on the bench and in the gym but were rubbish on the paddock. So yeah some guys are just not able to transfer that gym strength into playing strength ala Sheridan - who is awesome at scrum time but when running the ball up does a handbrake...Hayman was the same, king on the tighthead but imo also didn't apply his strength to the rest of his game.

Cullen was 3rd/4th strongest in the Hurricanes squad in the late 90s and we all know what he was like in his prime.

The ignorance of this thread is quite astounding. Even the link says "240kg squat", squat is not bench press, you morons.

Was there any need to resurrect a 17month old thread for that?

Also, I don't think anyone said that Squat = Bench press....

Latest posts