Freak of Nature

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by candybum, Aug 17, 2009.

1. candybum

candybum Guest

He broke his own record that he set in the Olympics last year by 0.11 secs in the 100m mens final at the world championships.

9.58secs. He is a freak of nature! i seriously think he can still beat this. Scary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgjyb1QyyVA

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Aug 17 2009, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah, it's amazing what drugs can do... :rolleyes:

4. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

That's unfair Charles. Look at that guys' physique. He's in his own league

5. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Fights against himself :lol: :lol: :lol:

He doesn't want others to break something too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 17 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Come on Steve-O !

The guy is amazing for sure but you can't believe that it's all natural, can you ? He's ******** on the other 7 guys, including some that have been convicted of doping. The last person that was so ridiculously faster than anybody was Ben Johnson and we all know how it ended.

7. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 17 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ben Johnson was 9.88 wasnt he? He would have been destroyed by Tyson Gay (US record) in that last race, never mind Bolt.

Sprinting is like Cycling though. Success comes with instant suspicion. They go hand in hand.

You certainly do wonder but personally I'm praying he stays clean. If he is caught doping thats the end of the sport for a long long long time.

8. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 17 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah, it's amazing what drugs can do... :rolleyes:
    [/b][/quote]
    I assumed the same when I heard about the Olympics heats last year, but I had a look at the semis and final back then and reckon he's a natural.

If anything's suspicious it's Gay's 9.71 - he doesn't have enough muscle to produce that power ... unlike Lynford Christie!

Seriously, I think Bolt is the best ever, a better version of Michael Johnson. Amazing strides. And I'm someone who gave up watching the sprints in the Christie era because of the Mr Universe can-can line at the start of every race.

9. dullonien

dullonien Guest

It's totally unfair to assume that he's doping. Look at how he runs, he just flows gracefully across the track, massive strides means he's a freak of nature, not a cheat!! Drugs in sprinting usually translates into big muscles and a very powerful running style, now go look at Bolt.

I was totally stunned last night, he's the best there's ever been and it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. He cracks me up, doesn't look like he takes anything seriously, yet is the fastest man to have ever graced this earth. Can he go faster still? Yes I think he will, 22 is very young for a sprinter, his peak is most likely still to come, sub 9.5 should be within reach.

I have to mention Tyson Gay. To run 9.71, a new American record, yet still finish a distant second is just insane. The guy seemed a bit dissheartened in his interview on BBC after the race, appeared happier today though in the medals ceremony.

Bolt is awesome, hope he carries on for years to come.

10. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

I think Bolt is a natural but its understandable (to a degree) to suspect something dodgy when a group of islands with **** poor facilities and a minimal anti-drug regime, are capable of consistently producing the talent that they do.

I of course also subscribe to the New Zealand and Ireland are the biggest undiscovered drug cheats in the World of Rugby.

11. cyRil

cyRil Guest

For Gay, to run as fast as he did, faster than any American has ever run before, with a time that would have broken the world record prior to last summer's Olympics, and still be made to look like a muppet must just break his soul.

12. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

I reckon he'd be pretty good at pulling burglaries because nobody in the whole world would be able to catch him lol. I hope they're all clean thou, it'll be shocking if they was all on drugs.

I wonder how many athletes take drugs and still get nowhere hahaha that must be the worst thinking to yourself that you've been chemically enhanced and still getting nowhere that'll just mean you plain suck balls.

13. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

Would anyone else love to see Usain Bolt as a rugby winger? He would carve up everyone!

14. William18

William18 Guest

He runs fast. It's cool to watch. To me that is all Usain Bolt is, not a freak and not some sort of god. just a guy born with wheels.

15. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 17 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Pity the French don't use some of them, they might present a challenge to someone if they did.

16. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Aug 17 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Was thinking about this, and I suppose you could look to the distance runners produced by the African nations. Kinda makes my point above a bit moot.

17. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Jamaica we are the bobsled team.

18. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Aug 18 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Pity the French don't use some of them, they might present a challenge to someone if they did.
    [/b][/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:rolleyes:
    You can have an Ice cream now...

19. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 18 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    What kind?

20. KZNSharksFan

KZNSharksFan Guest

The West African forebears of the current day black population throughout the carribbean and America's are naturally very good athletes. Throw in the fact that only the most physically fit Africans were sold into slavery and that a very small proportion of those sold actually survived the trip across the atlantic, and you have the most "refined" gene pool in the world.
    That's why these guys are so amazing.

21. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Aug 18 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Jesus I like that. Thats probably one of the best arguements Ive seen in a while. And I'm not even being sarcastic.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!