• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Free-to Air rugby in 2008 - in Australia?

M

Mr. Laxative

Just seen an ad for Channel 7 sport for the coming year in which they showcased their major broadcasts. Strangely this did not mention any rugby. Obviously the S14 won't be, but will the Tri-Nations be on free-to-air TV this year in Australia? Will it be on 7 or on ten? I'm a little concerned that I might just out - and I can't afford tickets to every test.

well I have fox so I am all good for watching rugby all year round. I believe 7 still have the free to air rights and the tri nations are still what 6 odd months away. I think they will ramp up ads for it once it is a bit closer to the tri-nations starting.

It would be far far better that the tri-nations is shown on fox.Because in states where rugby isnt terribly popular it would be shown live unlike now where they show things on the anti-siphon list like bledisloe cup at 11pm at night. :angry: Not to mention if i have to put up with ben darwin and his retarded comments i shall kill someone or throw the tv through the window.

BRING BACK GORDON BRAY! :D

First off Bray still does the commentary for Channel 7 - Benny's with the ten network.

In Canberra rugby tests are certainly shown live. Maybe, it is different in Melbourne, I don't know.

Also, the main problem I had with this ad, was that it showcased the year to come for 7 Sport. They showed AFL, Supercars, and the Melbourne Cup... but not a mention of rugby...

I think Richie Benaud, Murray Walker, Bill McClaren and Sam Kekovich would be the dream commentating team for any sport I think and Australian television should exhaust every avenue in hiring these masters of the gab!

i hope the tri-nations are on free to air
i live in canberra, tri-nations is the best rugby
we get to see on tv down here
thats if you dont have fox

They said on fox that they will have all the wallabies tests live!. :eek: [/b]
They normally have all the Wallabie's tests Tri-Nations games live as well as all their other tests that are played in Australia.

When you say all, do you mean games that are played in Europe as well?..I'd doubt that one very seriously.

i got fox before the world cup last year... it's worth it. i love rugby and staying up until 1 am to watch the tri-nations just isn't acceptable because i live in melbourne.

Latest posts