TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_52473199_011860354-1.jpg

An investigation has begun into claims France boss Laurent Blanc and other coaches discussed informal quotas limiting black and Arab youth players' involvement in the national set-up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13274283.stm

Thought the days of picking a certain amount of blacks/whites to keep people happy was a thing of the past, clearly not... Teams should be simply picked on form whatever country or sport it is. If it happens that theres 11 black players (or white) who are playing the best then the coach should pick those 11 black players. People shouldn't be aggrieved if theres more of one than the other as at the end of the day they are still representing the country black, white, yellow, it doesn't matter.

At least they're looking into it. There are enough racial problems in France, they don't need one like this in sports.

I would pick players based on skill and national pride regardless of race or religion. If you want to put on your country's shirt because it means something to you then by all means play, play, play.

At least they're looking into it. There are enough racial problems in France, they don't need one like this in sports.

I would pick players based on skill and national pride regardless of race or religion. If you want to put on your country's shirt because it means something to you then by all means play, play, play.

Totally agree, there is no place for racism anyway let alone in sport.

You're missing an important point though. Theres a large percentage of French people who don't feel anything towards a team full of non French and who'd blame them.

I think its all been taking out of context anyway. A fuss over nothing. The academy produced something like 30 internationals and only 4 of those declared for France. So they were looking at ways of cutting that down. Its not PC but it doesn't mean its wrong. They can either use common sense and stop paying to train players for foreign teams or continue wasting money.

You're missing an important point though. Theres a large percentage of French people who don't feel anything towards a team full of non French and who'd blame them.

I think its all been taking out of context anyway. A fuss over nothing. The academy produced something like 30 internationals and only 4 of those declared for France. So they were looking at ways of cutting that down. Its not PC but it doesn't mean its wrong. They can either use common sense and stop paying to train players for foreign teams or continue wasting money.

^^^^^
This is definitely the crux of the matter.

Speaking of national youth systems, I hate how we spend thousands of £ developing a Scottish player, either for him to go and play for his 'bhoyhood' heroes in Ireland, or we don't play them for Scotland, prefering 4th grade English no-marks that have an great grandfather who's dog was the son of a ***** that was once owned by somone from Falkirk

Latest posts