• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French offer Habana 5 Million Rand

M

munross

http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Rugby/264...%20Habana%20R5m

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Brenden Nel

Pretoria – Bok wing Bryan Habana is being eyed by a French club clutching a fat chequebook.

French club Toulon wants to sign Habana when his contract expires next year. Rumours are that the club is offering Habana R5m per season.

Rumours were flying last year when Habana was seen in France, apparently negotiating with several clubs.

He was prevented from ending his contract with the Blue Bulls after Bakkies Botha lost his case and was forced to remain in Pretoria.

Habana apparently confirmed verbally that he would sign the contract to play in France for two years after next year's British and Irish Lion tour to South Africa.

His contract with the Blue Bulls expires in October next year.

Bok lock Victor Matfield played for Toulon for six months, but confirmed that everything was not as rosy as Habana thought.[/b]

That's alot of money :eek:

It is indeed a lot of money.
Based on current form, he's hardly worth a million, but Toulon see a lot of marketing potential with him, I guess.
Anywho, would be good to see him playing in Europe (kind of...) but I don't see it happening to be honest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 9 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It is indeed a lot of money.
Based on current form, he's hardly worth a million, but Toulon see a lot of marketing potential with him, I guess.
Anywho, would be good to see him playing in Europe (kind of...) but I don't see it happening to be honest.[/b]

Toulon are doing **** atm. If I were Habana I'd join a Heineken Cup team and one that suits a winger. Like Toulouse, Clermont or Sale.

Eddie Jones was here in SA last month I think and he talked on Boots & All(rugby talk show) about how Saracens are keen on getting players from SA(namely from the Stormers and Bulls) to go and play for them,also talks about Burger and Habana getting signed by Saracens...

I also agree with you gingergenius,would be nice to see Habana in a Sharks jersey,Sale Sharks that is :D

I would try to keep him in SA, money opens a lot of doors nowadays but he's still young and if he keeps improving himself his value will go up more.
I hope for the S14 level and for his current team he stays in SA

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Nov 9 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Eddie Jones was here in SA last month I think and he talked on Boots & All(rugby talk show) about how Saracens are keen on getting players from SA(namely from the Stormers and Bulls) to go and play for them,also talks about Burger and Habana getting signed by Saracens...

I also agree with you gingergenius,would be nice to see Habana in a Sharks jersey,Sale Sharks that is :D[/b]

Obviously I'd love for those 2 to come to Sarries but why would they want to? Habana has won the top International Prize, the RWC. He's won the top SH club competition, the Super 14. I'd want to go to Europe and win the Heineken cup. Which, to be perfectly honest, Saracens may not even be playing in next year.

We have recruited Wickus van Heerden and Brad Barritt who should be good signings once they arrive.

Well if Habana is looking to go to a French team to be part of winning the Heineken Cup then Toulouse is his future,another team(non-French) might be Munster,just imagine the Howlett and Habana combination :D

Thats a ridiculous amount frankly. Habana i have to admit is very overated, he's lost speed imo and doesnt have much else. He's awful under the high ball and falls over alot. I rate Sivivatu and Williams well above him, atleast at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 9 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats a ridiculous amount frankly. Habana i have to admit is very overated, he's lost speed imo and doesnt have much else. He's awful under the high ball and falls over alot. I rate Sivivatu and Williams well above him, atleast at the moment.[/b]

Yeah Habana has been well below his best this whole season really,but if regains his 2007 form again all the clubs in the world would wish that they had him signed :rolleyes:

I wonder why Toulon would recruit him? What they need at the moment is more strengh in their forwards not a super fast winger.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 10 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would play for a local transvestite mud-wrestling team for that much moola...[/b]

Ahh well you're in luck, we're looking for a new backline, you interested?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 10 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 10 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would play for a local transvestite mud-wrestling team for that much moola...[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I prefer the forwards though. For some reason as an eigth-man, i used to love sniffing hooker butt in every scrum. :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 11 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 10 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 10 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I prefer the forwards though. For some reason as an eigth-man, i used to love sniffing hooker butt in every scrum. :eek:
[/b][/quote]

:mellow: Erm...well, you'll be pleased to know that at least we don't judge anyone on this site, no matter what they enjoy doing whilst in a scrum! Power to you!

That's It! I'm racing a f***ing cheetah tomorrow and posting the clip on youtube. "American Rugby Star Races a cheetah!"
I mean he didn't even come close to beating that cat and still all this buzz over Habana.
Come on big money! They can even pay me in Rand (wait, is 5 million Rand actually a lot or is like Soviet Rubels and will only buy me half a loaf of bread?).

He did it to help raise money for cheetah conservation you ***. He was asked to help because: fast, high profile rugby player + races fastest land animal = BIG interest.
You seen to be one of those people who missed the boat on that one.

BTW... 5mil Rand = $500k

Pffft. Nobody cares about USD anymore. Only Zimbabwe and North Korea care about the greenback!

Euros and Chinese Yuan is where its at, baby!

Latest posts