French Plane Open Fire in Libya

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
https://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/Communications/Noticeboard/local/sa_notices.html#18569

So NATO has roared into action. Opinions?

My thoughts;

Okay, so it's another case of the Western powers getting involved in internal Arabian affairs. The difference between this and other recent conflicts? They were asked. Personally I reckon this is an example of a responsible use of military force. If they don't go in, we could be looking at some serious Kosavo style bloodshed, god knows we don't want a repeat of that.

Fair play to the French I say.

The just interrupted the half time to say British troops/planes are on their way in

Good, I say.
Their not going to way, they're defending civilians. A no fly zone has been declared, whether people agree with it or not doesn't matter - it's there. The planes are there to make sure Gadhaffi doesn't bomb the civilians.
Apparently the French have also said that if he mobilises tanks towards the Civilians they'll destroy the tanks - fair play, again.

Pretty much agree, they have been asked to step in and protect the Libyan people and have been asked to do so by the Arab League of Nations.

Come in Mr. Gaddafi ... your time is up.

Last edited:
Go in there, protect the civilians, either kill Gaddafi and hold elections or create a new country of Eastern Libya.

Yeah, agree with the rest of the comments.

Heard some whinging about this from people who think it's another Afghanistan. Meh.

Fair play to the French fighter pilots, but I guess the 110 cruise missile strikes have done the real damage to this nutter's dictatorship. May he rest in peace!

Interesting bit here on Hillary Clinton wearing the trousers on this issue - Obama is a serious disappointment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/19/world/africa/19policy.html?_r=2&hp

I can't believe that so few comparisons are being drawn between this and Iraq, Hussien was doing exactly the same things (even worse in some cases) against the one ethnic group in the north, testing gas weapons and what not (which do f*cking qualify as Weapons of Mass destruction, the lack of mentioning this is the greatest coup by international media in the last decade)

One thing that has surprised me is that Cameron had the cahones to go along with this... But he is still a tory c*nt

Hope the rebels win, and that the terrorist behind the Lockerbie bombing is accidently hit by a NATO rocket, or better yet hit by the debris of a destroyed Libyan jet

This will be sorted quickly enough no real reason to even send in ground forces I reckon with the Pro gadaffi not being able to use their Air force or tanks its leveled the playing field ...grand job..although i do expect some nation to send in troops for some reason :/

This will be sorted quickly enough no real reason to even send in ground forces I reckon with the Pro gadaffi not being able to use their Air force or tanks its leveled the playing field ...grand job..although i do expect some nation to send in troops for some reason :/
If the troops come from Egypt and Tunisia in a pincer movement, I guess the outcome would be fair.

Egypt seems to be prosecuting the state weirdos already. Hopefully that means the protesters have enough strength to get serious about justice. If not, then this is just another round of bullshit.

Saddam's head was delivered in a gruesome way, but I reckon Gadaffi will have to do the perp walk in the Hague.

Power to the people!

Guys sensed smell of war in a country where there's plenty of black gold :)))

and how do you think would they miss that possibility to "build up democracy" in that country? :D

Latest posts