• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French - Scotland will play's it ?

Hargon 7-10

Academy Player
Hi everyone ! I would your opinion about this games. Do you think that this games won't play and the Scotland will win him ? Or rather, does that will play later ?
For my part, I think that this games will be not put off because the Scotland won't want notably because of the agreement with the club.

I appreciate English is not your first language

If I understand you correctly, Scotland would be happy to play the game but only when their first choice players are available

Yes this is I think but when will be they ? Because the games programs is very complete with only few free dates

As far as I am aware the first available date is july

As far as I am aware the first available date is july
I heard July 3rd bandied about,

It's the date of a Lions warmup game, but if the Lions tour is happening in the UK and only the three tests (+ Japan) I guess that's not relevant

Recent news, about Galthie being patient zero after he broke Covid protocols by going to watch his son play, is really bad (assuming the reports are accurate, of course). If the French management aren't furious, they bloody well should be. (How many players have been infected in this out break?)

No one is ever 100% safe from infection. You can take all the precautions and follow all the protocols and still be unlucky. BUT, if you recklessly and intentionally break quarantine, and therefore cause a match to be postponed, there should be sanctions. It's simply not fair to disadvantage the other team.

Brian O'Driscoll feels Scots should be awarded a 28 point win.

I agree.

(Of courses, the reports may not be accurate, in which case, apologies M.Galthie)

Recent news, about Galthie being patient zero after he broke Covid protocols by going to watch his son play, is really bad (assuming the reports are accurate, of course). If the French management aren't furious, they bloody well should be. (How many players have been infected in this out break?)

No one is ever 100% safe from infection. You can take all the precautions and follow all the protocols and still be unlucky. BUT, if you recklessly and intentionally break quarantine, and therefore cause a match to be postponed, there should be sanctions. It's simply not fair to disadvantage the other team.

(Of courses, the reports may not be accurate, in which case, apologies M.Galthie)
I don't think that there's any need for the caveats. Bernard Laporte's statement makes it clear that there were two serious bubble breaches and that he himself doesn't understand the principle of a bubble or anything much about the virus and how to control its spread.

It's not just about placing opponents at a disadvantage, it's about placing them at unnecesary risk and by extension their own country and those that they are visiting.

Given the crass, blatant nature of the breaches, the lack of contrition and the lack of understanding (incubation periods, the purpose of masks) that key personnel (Laporte and Galthié) have shown, I am hopeful that the French government will conclude that FFR aren't responsible enough to continue to receive the relaxation in covid mitigation rules / laws that they are currently benefitting from.

Now that it is clear that France failed to do everything necessary to minimise risk, the 28-0 win absolutely should be awarded to Scotland and France should be kicked out of the competition unless they can demonstrate that they have put administrators into place who understand the protocols and the basic principles of infection control. Given that this would require the 6N committee to put safety and integrity before money, I don't hold out much hope of this happening. #rugbyvalues

Old news already, apparently

The report concludes that the original case is a France 7 player, who tested negative when in Marcoussis so was allowed into the bubble, but tested positive 2 days later...
Remember most players got back to their clubs for this weekend games and will come back with only five days before the next 6N game, and the incubation period can be 10 / 12 days :confused:

Last edited:
I don't think that there's any need for the caveats. Bernard Laporte's statement makes it clear that there were two serious bubble breaches and that he himself doesn't understand the principle of a bubble or anything much about the virus and how to control its spread.

It's not just about placing opponents at a disadvantage, it's about placing them at unnecesary risk and by extension their own country and those that they are visiting.

Given the crass, blatant nature of the breaches, the lack of contrition and the lack of understanding (incubation periods, the purpose of masks) that key personnel (Laporte and Galthié) have shown, I am hopeful that the French government will conclude that FFR aren't responsible enough to continue to receive the relaxation in covid mitigation rules / laws that they are currently benefitting from.

Now that it is clear that France failed to do everything necessary to minimise risk, the 28-0 win absolutely should be awarded to Scotland and France should be kicked out of the competition unless they can demonstrate that they have put administrators into place who understand the protocols and the basic principles of infection control. Given that this would require the 6N committee to put safety and integrity before money, I don't hold out much hope of this happening. #rugbyvalues
Don't worry, you're still welcome over here, pay us a visit whenever those
Angry American Idol GIF
travel restrictions are over :)

Last edited:

The report concludes that the original case is a France 7 player, who tested negative when in Marcoussis so was allowed into the bubble, but tested positive 2 days later...
Remember most players got back to their clubs for this weekend games and will come back with only five days before the next 6N game, and the incubation period can be 10 / 12 days :confused:
Yeah, if you wanted to create a super spreader event a scrum would certainly fit the bill.
I wouldn't be happy playing a team with a sloppy approach to bio security.
Ugo Monye said he's taken his own cup everywhere since his playing days ,cos he's a professional and it's his responsibility to avoid coughs and colds that would impact his performance. I know the cycling team did the same.
French management could certainly learn a thing or two.

Remember most players got back to their clubs for this weekend games and will come back with only five days before the next 6N game :confused:
This is exactly why I made the point about understanding what an incubation period is.

It would be funny if this (IMO) attempt to exonerate Galthié throws everyone else under the bus. The thrust of the article to me is "we did everything wrong, but Galthié wasn't to blame".

This is exactly why I made the point about understanding what an incubation period is.

It would be funny if this (IMO) attempt to exonerate Galthié throws everyone else under the bus. The thrust of the article to me is "we did everything wrong, but Galthié wasn't to blame".
My understanding is that all players and staff (except the English ?) have gone back to their clubs and families and, will take part to the weekend games, then go back to their training camps on Monday or Tuesday, that is to say 4 or 5 days before the next 6N round. Since you know what an incubation period is, you know full well that these guys can test negative on their arrival and be admitted in their bubble... but test positive three days later or the day after their 6N game, where they will have infected both scrums... Will you disqualify every team then?
As the FFR chief medical auditor says :
"If you want a completely sealed bubble, you have to impose a quarantine of 14 days before entering it and once you are there, you do not leave it. But this is only possible for short-term competitions, it is not for long-term competitions such as the 6N. "
So there will always be a modicum of risk in there. Like it or not, it is going to be there, for each and every team.
That does not mean you should not take all possible measures to mitigate the risk. But it will still be mitigation.

"If you want a completely sealed bubble, you have to impose a quarantine of 14 days before entering it and once you are there, you do not leave it. But this is only possible for short-term competitions, it is not for long-term competitions such as the 6N. "
Cricket has been managing since last summer, F1 did it last season. The 6 nations could of easially of done it.

Cricket has been managing since last summer, F1 did it last season. The 6 nations could of easially of done it.
Not sure about cricket (;)) but in F1 the team pays and nobody is supposed to do anything apart from racing for their team. No international games !
But elsewhere, as you know, there have been plenty of cases in football, Track&Field, the NBA, ... You name it!

Last edited:
So there will always be a modicum of risk in there. Like it or not, it is going to be there, for each and every team.
That does not mean you should not take all possible measures to mitigate the risk. But it will still be mitigation.
These strike me as weasel words trying to present it as a choice between forming a military grade bubble and this Great Barington bubble where people do as they please and let Covid rip through the squad. It seems reasonable to for members of the bubble to avoid non-essential interactions with those outside it. You can argue what does or doesn't constitute essential, but it would take barefaced effrontery to argue that training against people known to have been exposed to the plague, a jolly to a rugby match or a trip to eat Italian-Belgian cuisine do.

These strike me as weasel words trying to present it as a choice between forming a military grade bubble and this Great Barington bubble where people do as they please and let Covid rip through the squad. It seems reasonable to for members of the bubble to avoid non-essential interactions with those outside it. You can argue what does or doesn't constitute essential, but it would take barefaced effrontery to argue that training against people known to have been exposed to the plague, a jolly to a rugby match or a trip to eat Italian-Belgian cuisine do.
"It seems reasonable to for members of the bubble to avoid non-essential interactions with those outside it" like letting the players (and most of the staffs) go back to their families, friends and clubs in order to play the next week end and then having them back in the national training camps on Monday and pretend to recreate a safe bubble in order to play their 6N games five days later?
Next Monday you will have some 400 people back in the training camps with an international game well within the incubation period. What precautions will guarantee none of them is contagious on match day?

"It seems reasonable to for members of the bubble to avoid non-essential interactions with those outside it" like letting the players (and most of the staffs) go back to their families, friends and clubs in order to play the next week end and then having them back in the national training camps on Monday and pretend to recreate a safe bubble in order to play their 6N games five days later?
Next Monday you will have some 400 people back in the training camps with an international game well within the incubation period. What precautions will guarantee none of them is contagious on match day?
That's whataboutery. The things you mention fall into the category of being deemed essential. How about addressing the breaches being discussed rather thing trying to deflect attention with extraneous points and questions?

That's whataboutery. The things you mention fall into the category of being deemed essential. How about addressing the breaches being discussed rather thing trying to deflect attention with extraneous points and questions?
How can you support a rigorous safety protocol on the one hand and pretend on the other hand it is essential the players and staff have a club match in the middle of the tournament with no time to validate the bubble before the next 6N game?
That's whataboutism, indeed! What about asking Six Nations Ltd to address this obvious mistake instead of deflecting attention with unproven press indiscretions?

season 2 episode 3 GIF by Siesta Key

PS: of course, the French Federation has been very lax in its protocol enforcement. But the whole tournament is not designed as it should be in a pandemic situation such as the one we have. You either have a strict bubble or you haven't.. There are many instances where the bubble is not respected. All teams brought in replacements btween the first and second games. Eddie Jones goes to see a match on Sunday afternoon and goes back to his team camp. He might transmit Covid to other people in the English camp without anyone noticing before the next 6N game...

Last edited:
I guess the other teams are just lucky that only France has had 17 positive tests then......

Latest posts