• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French teams(clubs) in Rugby 06?

A

asmonaco64

Hello, i'm french and i would like to know exactly the french clubs(teams) in Rugby 06.
I think that is the clubs who are in the heineken cup(europe)?, also toulouse, paris, bourgoin, clermont, biarritz, perpignan et castres?, if it's that i'm disappointed because there are the guiness championship! and not de french championship(TOP 14). It's not normal beacause us, the french we have the best championship in europe, best than english(guiness championship)!, thanks to answer me, sorry by my bad english.

I think its got more to do with Swordfish beating EA to the rights to the French League, So it will probably be like the last two games and the only French teams will be the ones in the European Cup.

Although with Swordfish getting out of the sports video game business, I assume the rights will up for grabs again, so there would be no excuse for Rugby 07. Then again I could be wrong.

EA didnt have the licensing for some of the names for rugby 2005, for instance boyet was boyo. i didnt find this a problem i dont mind afew letters out or the vowels changed. just as long as they are realistic. i dont see why they cant do every league, its not that much trouble, is it?

i think they should have like a grouping..so uu would select southern hemsiphre then a group of countries would come up click on won and select which tournament you want ie curie, npc, etc

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 6 2006, 09:31 AM
What makes you think the Top 14 is better that the GP?
Does that mean that the Celtic league is better than the Top 14 after the weekend then?
<

top 14 is probably better than gp tho isnt it. they generally have better teams as they have no salary cap. and they tend to do far better in europe especially recently.

mark_shaw: i dont understand? did you just decide upon a menu style for all teams that are not in the game. yes, we all would have liked them in, but im not too bothered as to how you would select them?!

Top 14 may have a few teams that strike well in Europe but it doesn't mean we cannot compete.

We have the Anglo cup, and the GP is far more exciting/more work compared to top 14...IMO.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 7 2006, 02:49 AM
Top 14 may have a few teams that strike well in Europe but it doesn't mean we cannot compete.

We have the Anglo cup, and the GP is far more exciting/more work compared to top 14...IMO.
I think the top teams in the french top 14 are amongst the best in europe ( I mean Stade Toulousain, Stade Français, Biarritz Olympique, USA Perpignan ) but this doesn't mean the top 4 team in the Guiness can't compete. Maybe if you compare an overall result within the last 5 years the french teams have got better results in terms of european trophies.
i think the two competitions are on the level.... with some differences in terms of the type of rugby that is played.

I wonder if there are more french players in the GP, than English players in the top 14...

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 7 2006, 02:49 AM

i didnt say we couldnt compete.

it is generally accepted that without a salary cap, the bigger french clubs can afford more talent. qed: are probably better teams.

i think you are right about the premiership, with more evenly spread talent, games and the season in general are tighter and more exciting.

Clermont-Auvergne
Stade Toulousain
Stade Francais
Biarritz Olympique
USA Perpignan
Castres Olympique
CS Bourgoin-Jallieu

i think there is only this french teams on rugby 06
(sorry for my english i'm french...)

Originally posted by stadiste_91@Feb 8 2006, 04:43 AM
Clermont-Auvergne
Stade Toulousain
Stade Francais
Biarritz Olympique
USA Perpignan
Castres Olympique
CS Bourgoin-Jallieu

i think there is only this french teams on rugby 06
(sorry for my english i'm french...)
I think its a pity there arn't more French teams - I recon we'll see more in rugby 2007. In fact we will probaly get the French league. EA will be holding things back for next years version.

will still be missing 2 of the celtic league teams too...

Connacht & Border Reivers...

... but we're well used to that - anyone have any idea why the can't add in a "create a competiton" option? to allow us to create our own cups/leagues etc with teams of our choosing? (to create a french "Top 6" league, the Celtic League minus 2 teams etc)

T14 is more entertaining than the GP. There are tries scored every weekend in the T14 that we'd be talking about for years if they happened on an international stage.

this teams are playing Hcup this year i think we can play with all this teams

I think the Top 14 and GP are very different in their own unique way.

I prefer Gp obviousley, and because you are used to the Top 14 your obviousley gonna favour that over the GP.

Latest posts