• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French Top14 shown on Sky Sports

Sky finally woke up to the competition that is the Top14. Crowds in UK and Ireland will get to follow their stars and watch the only domestic league in town. Its quite telling that they would choose the Top14 over the Rabo.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Medias/Actualites/Sky-sports-s-offre-le-top-14/458094

They're getting the Rabo as well so not overly telling. Also if crowds in Ireland want to watch our stars we'll just go to matches in Ireland thanks very much. We're only missing one star and sure he's only on holiday.

http://www.joe.ie/rugby/rabodirect-pro-12/sky-snap-up-the-rights-to-rabodirect-pro12/

Anyway glad there will be even more rugby on the screen.

Last edited:
They're getting the Rabo as well so not overly telling. Also if crowds in Ireland want to watch our stars we'll just go to matches in Ireland thanks very much. We're only missing one star and sure he's only on holiday.

http://www.joe.ie/rugby/rabodirect-pro-12/sky-snap-up-the-rights-to-rabodirect-pro12/

Anyway glad there will be even more rugby on the screen.

How dare you not bow down to the superiority that is the Top14, clearly unless a player is in the Top 14 no club has deemed them worthy their money and therefore cannot be a star.

Hey Frenchfan how did the Quarter Final go for you buddy? Also how's the inferiority complex treating ya? Anyway as BG8 said Sky did get the Rabo, but yes I will certainly look forward to watching a bit of Top 14. No ones denying its not a good competition. I think I'll give Grenoble a follow if possible.

How dare you not bow down to the superiority that is the Top14, clearly unless a player is in the Top 14 no club has deemed them worthy their money and therefore cannot be a star.

BG8's account has been smited.

"Crowds in the UK" can already follow it on BT Sport, it's not as if it's not shown.

Sky finally woke up to the competition that is the Top14. Crowds in UK and Ireland will get to follow their stars and watch the only domestic league in town. Its quite telling that they would choose the Top14 over the Rabo.

We've been able to watch the top14 for years, first on Eurosport and recently on BT.
It's more telling that they've been showing the Super15 for years, but have only bought the rights to other domestic competitions since they lost the Premiership rights.

Hey Frenchfan how did the Quarter Final go for you buddy? Also how's the inferiority complex treating ya? Anyway as BG8 said Sky did get the Rabo, but yes I will certainly look forward to watching a bit of Top 14. No ones denying its not a good competition. I think I'll give Grenoble a follow if possible.

it went well. Our 2 Top14 went thru. 2 of your provinces went out. Better then.

well about the 1/4F, Toulouse were downright fkn embarrassing. This season they'll have lost to fkn Connacht......AT HOME.....and shipped 50 in Munster. Big respect to Munster overall, but they're not that good, to put 50 casually on Toulouse...fkn embarrassment, I admit.

"Crowds in the UK" can already follow it on BT Sport, it's not as if it's not shown.

.............can already follow it on BT Sport when they deem fit to show it.................

We've been able to watch the top14 for years, first on Eurosport and recently on BT.

.......when they have seen fit to show it and also it has been done very badly by both of them.............

Last edited:
French "International game doesn't matter it's all about the club game" fan doesn't support a club, you're some space cadet.

yeah i do support my own club. drunk again?can't read your own language?

.......when they have seen fit to show it and also it has been done very badly by both of them.............

I'm pretty sure I would have been able to see at least one game a week for a number of years, if not more.

Vous avez dit que Les Francaise ont gagné deux matches tandis que Nous Irlandaise sommes gagné seulement un mais vous aimez Toulouse non? Et Toulouse ont perdu très, très mauvais mon ami donc je ne serai pas très fier si j'étais vous.

Stereotypes are ****in class as well man.

its great news. You'll be able to slag off the French Top14 having actually seen some of the games. So you'll sound like u know what you're talking about. Big change

its great news. You'll be able to slag off the French Top14 having actually seen some of the games. So you'll sound like u know what you're talking about. Big change

Have you completely ignored the responses to your spew?

I actually can't wait for it too be on the tele. This isn't sarcasm i'm actually really excited that I will be able to watch a few players that I don't get too see all that often- Kockott, Spedding, O'Connor, my favourite Wandaravsbdjhisgfidbofbnuhbpeubnepobnop

I'm pretty sure I would have been able to see at least one game a week for a number of years, if not more.

You are probably right but you had to watch them late into the night or very early the next day often as they were recorded and shown later due to some insignificant other sort like curling taking precedence. Even then, they were just the match without any preamble or review which BT introduced but then, other than the Wasps fullback, BT had idiots who either had difficulty stringing two words together or knew little about French rugby.....mind you they did have two of the best commentators!

Latest posts