From the South African Bunker

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Jethro, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Frack me are Saffas actually considering this bollock :huh:

The CC is one of the great domestic competitions, to undermine it because the ARU can't get off their arses and get a domestic comp underway is share insanity. I'm not in a good place over the pressure being place on the ANZC, if I was a Saffa I would be writing to the SARU and threatening to toss in my pay TV licence ... get em in the sponsorship pocket ;)

Anyways what the South Africa lads think?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

The apparent SANZAR motto: Why improve quality when you can just add MOAR! What a complete farce.

4. QLD

QLD Guest

Kick SA out and make the super rugby between Aus and NZ countries.

5. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

What the f*&% is Hoskins thinking? Sharing a franchise with the Aussies?! Crazy talk. That should never ever happen.

Even though it would be super **** for South African pride, SARU are being clever here, in a business and depth building way. It's quite well known that the ARU and NZRU have been recruiting players recently after seeing them in the Craven Week. SA's player pool is huge compared to Oz and NZ.
    Living in both these countries is a huge draw for many South Africans, mostly due to discrimination from the government. Players are no different.
    So how do you counter this leak in player resources? Take over their god damn unions! Bwahahaha. Has a SAracens tune to it.

It's crap logistically but the reality of the situation is that SA is lossing players due to the draws of living in a 1st world country.
    I'll say it again, crap logistically and heritage wise, but clever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Sep 11 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    :lol:

6. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Sep 11 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    So that you might actually win more than 4 games a year?

7. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

It would be sooo perfect, the AB's and Wallabies could play each other 9 times a year then!

8. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 11 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Awesome!!!!! That's sure to drag the crowds in ;)

Good luck tonight btw, it's going to rock the house down regardless of result.

9. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 11 2009, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

You mean prouder than the "Pride of South Rutland proud under 15s tag rugby tournament of pride"?! :eek:

As for the deabte on the conference system, we're seeing an interesting clash of cultures between North American sport (which favours Conferences) and the European and European influenced sports (which prefer leagues where everyone plays each other home and away).

My view is that if you really want to go with a Conference system then there are simply not enough teams to justify a conference really in my view. Better to just make it a Super20 and include teams in Argentina and give an extra team to South Africa to compensate for a cut down CC.

Still doesn't disguise the fact that nobody in SANZAR or anywhere in the SH establishment want to tackle the issue of how to reconcile having a high intensity trans-continental Rugby League with two very entrenched traditional national leagues (CC and ANZC)

10. QLD

QLD Guest

Aus and NZ have their own comp.
    SA has their currie cup.
    Tri Nations end of season, only play each other twice instead of three times.

11. stormer2010

stormer2010 Guest

My 2 cents:

CC and ANZC stays as is and Aus get their act together WRT creating and nurturing a local championship. Not give up after 1 year like before. S14 cut down to S12 again with 4 teams each and promotion/relegation (CC), for SA franchises at least. That way the supposed Southern Kings will have an opportunity if they can take it and we will be spared having the Lions bleed points and embarrass SA. 3N to include Arg and played home and away. That way, we keep our valuable domestic competitions in tact, have a shorter, better quality Super series and a more interesting 4N. Seriously, who wants to see NZ play Aus 4 times each year?

Expansion forced by anything other than popular demand is not the answer if you don't consolidate first.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!