• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

From the US saying hello!

snmavridis

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Wales
Hey everyone, I've heard about TRF previously but I've never joined up until now. So a little background, I've been playing rugby on and off for three years, but only last year did I start taking it seriously. I play number 9 and 15 for Northern Illinois University, we're currently 6th in the nation for DII and are 2nd in the midwest. In april we are headed to nationals where we take on the powerhouses Lindenwood and Whitewater. Therefore I've been training nonstop for the past month so I can be available and at my best for the team if they need to throw me in (I'm a freshman on the B-side). Next year we are going DI and I am more than excited about that! My favorite international teams are the Eagles and Wales, and no I'm not bandwagoning on Wales' success. I genuinely enjoy the new team's style of play. My favorite club teams are Leinster, Toulouse, and Northampton. Glad to be part of this forum!

Good to hear :) There are a few guys Australia I know playing in the top league in the US (forget what it's called) for Chicago.

It's called the Super League, and we have two super league teams here. The Lions and the Griffins. In fact my school has a practice set up with the Lions I believe, where our respective positions are going to take us under their wing to teach us better skills and techniques :D I'm excited for that! Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone, I've heard about TRF previously but I've never joined up until now. So a little background, I've been playing rugby on and off for three years, but only last year did I start taking it seriously. I play number 9 and 15 for Northern Illinois University, we're currently 6th in the nation for DII and are 2nd in the midwest. In april we are headed to nationals where we take on the powerhouses Lindenwood and Whitewater. Therefore I've been training nonstop for the past month so I can be available and at my best for the team if they need to throw me in (I'm a freshman on the B-side). Next year we are going DI and I am more than excited about that! My favorite international teams are the Eagles and Wales, and no I'm not bandwagoning on Wales' success. I genuinely enjoy the new team's style of play. My favorite club teams are Leinster, Toulouse, and Northampton. Glad to be part of this forum!

I played against Lindenwood in college football. I was unaware they had Rugby. Glad to hear it. Very good school. Rugby is growing here in the US, as I've definitely seen over the last 12 years. When I started (while in college) only a few universities had teams...now almost every school has a club team. Collegiate Rugby is continuing to spread and get good...finally.
Glad to have you on the forum, dude.

Latest posts