TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_57271787_jex_1261640_de27-1.jpg

The BBC has denied misleading Frozen Planet viewers with footage of newborn polar bear cubs filmed in an animal park, rather than in the wild.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16137704

I love polar bears.

They spend most of their time swimming. Top of the food chain, and there are records of them hunting whales.

God Bless them.

I love polar bears.

They spend most of their time swimming. Top of the food chain, and there are records of them hunting whales.

God Bless them.

I agree. Polar bears are awesome.

Interestingly the polar bear is the steed of choice for AB's captain Richie McCaw.

McCaw.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. Polar bears are awesome.

Interestingly the polar bear is the steed of choice for AB's captain Richie McCaw.

View attachment 1564
:lol: Amazing!
However, all I can think of is this:

David Attenborough was on TV talking about this, and basically said that if they hadn't have filmed this small part in captivity it wouldn't have been in that show, and if they had have had big disclaimers before the clip it would ruin the experience for the viewer.
He also said that that bit would have been exceedingly dangerous to film in the wild, and it would have resulted in the death of the cub and probably the cameraman too.
Have to say: It doesn't bother me at all. It's obvious that 99.9% of the show is real, and if they have to film small parts in captivity to illustrate what is happening in the wild then so be it.
It's not as if they've got those chimps from the PG Tips adverts moving a piano and gone "Look at these wild chimps in their dungarees, moving pianos and necking mugs of tea! It's amaaaaazing!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts