• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Funniest/Wierdest thing to happen on a rugby field/training whilst playing

THE_DINGMEISTER

Academy Player
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Hey Guys as the ***le suggests your funniest or wierdest experience whilst playing our great game.

My personal one at school level playing, from a quick tap our prop runs off in a perfect diagonal line gets taken out with a perfect shoulder charge from a Six 4 lithuanian probably without any previous rugby experience and down he goes:lol:

Just wanna see a range from all over the world if possible...

Probably the time I got hung up on a coathanger by my underpants by the older team on my 13th birthday....still haunts me

I played prop one time. That was a laugh.

Another one was a great try from our front row. Loosehead made a break from the base of the ruck and offloaded to the tighthead, who then lined up the fullback nicely, giving a behind the head pass to the hooker who scored. I've never seen any of them run so fast.

We were playing a team with a massive pack and they kept picking on two of our midgets. Then one guy who wasn't involved kept milking it. He was the place kicker (which really ****** cmac off) and every kick he was pretending to be injured. Then he dramatically says "no no i'll do it, I'll do it" he then duly misses 20m out straight in front.

Played a presidents team from south Auckland and some of their players literally smelled like ****. Rumor was the team had a reputation for it and pretty sure it was tactical. None of us wanted to tackle that day. I can't remember who they were as it was a few years back but that i couldn't forget.

one time in the middle of a game, there was a muslim woman standing in the field, not moving at all. it was creepy.

It happened today, it was horrible :(

The opposition scrum-half was awfully slow at getting the ball away from the ruck, giving even me, a prop, enough time toget in between his and the flyhalf's channel.
He looked me in the eyes, before sizing up how tall I was, before trying to lob the ball over me. However, either I was brilliant or the pass was poor, but I jumped and intercepted it. I slowly began to run for the left corner flag from the halfway line, it was probably the fastest I have ever run in my life, I gave a wee look back to see if I had to offload, saw no one was even chasing me, I turned my head around and saw I juggling the ball around in front of me.

Having run 50+ meters with no visible chasers, I dropped the ball by the 5 meter line. Then I got subbed :(

Lord Hope I feel your pain...last season I did the same sort of thing.

Having never previously scored a try from my own Half I botched the most impressive sexy run ever.

After collecting a restart breaking the first tackle then exploiting the gap after handing off the next defender I ran to about their ten metre line when the covering tackles started coming in.. palmed off the first ...ran on about 5 metres and palmed off the second ..on the edge of their 22 the last defender coming across the field was baring down on me...threw a hip swing and off he went.. continuing to the try line with only 10 metres separating me from the tryline and I would expect some sort of medal or trophy for being so goddamed awesome ....I let out a little laugh to myself being so content...with 7 metres or that to go...I stumble ..try to keep running and fall face first into the ground 1M short of the tryline.....and instead of getting up and trying again I had the idiotic brainwave to offload to a supporting player...who subsequently stole my thunder.

I cried that night.

It gets me every time. Seriously, if it happens on the pitch the only 2 people who stop are the guy in agony and me cracking up.

I usually cant help myself laughing at a good nutshot in Pe....

Its really awkward though when a girl gets hit with a football.. don't know whether to laugh or not

I usually cant help myself laughing at a good nutshot in Pe....

Its really awkward though when a girl gets hit with a football.. don't know whether to laugh or not

You should always laugh, just for the sake of equality. Now, I'm off to give my last maths grind of the year. No more money from stupid folk

One time a duck went screaming across the field during a practice, narrowly missing several players, to go head first into a metal fence. Doesn't sound all that funny, but noone could have a straight face when watching it.

One time a duck went screaming across the field during a practice, narrowly missing several players, to go head first into a metal fence. Doesn't sound all that funny, but noone could have a straight face when watching it.
That sounds unbelievably funny...kamikazee duck

One time when I was about 14, I picked and went from the back of the ruck in our own 22 (having ignored the Scrummie's call to ship the ball out wide).

Having picked the ball up I ran around the ruck... Almost directly sideways. Seeing the defensive line rushing up I kept turning away until I was running physically away from the opposition...

Clearly this did not go down well with my team mates but at this point I was so screwed I thought I might as well keep going and legged it to within about 5m of the corner flag. At this point (having run as far back as it is physically possible to run on a rugby pitch without crossing your own try line) I proceeded to leg it past the opposition 11, cut inside the 15 and score under the post :lol:

Who says locks can't score 95m tries?

Oh and then that time on tour where off a quick tap and go the opposition 8 met our 7 with literally everyone else caught napping 10m apart. The two guys ran full speed at each other, our 7 hit the guy so hard he spilled the ball and hit the floor absolutely dead to the world.

Swear to god he woke up crying...

Late last year we were p,aying against Darlington, I got tackled by their Hooker, it felt like he punched me right in the ribs, it was bloody painful. It was really bony and hard. Later when he was throwing into a line out that I realised he only had one hand!
Seriously this guy had his hand amputated half way up his forearm! Even so his handling was bloody brilliant.

Oh and then that time on tour where off a quick tap and go the opposition 8 met our 7 with literally everyone else caught napping 10m apart. The two guys ran full speed at each other, our 7 hit the guy so hard he spilled the ball and hit the floor absolutely dead to the world.

Swear to god he woke up crying...

Those sort of hits are the glorious moments for which I play for....whether getting absolutely smashed myself or coming off best in the engagement the one on ones while everyone else is a few meters off can either make or break a teams morale I've seen many games won and lost from the impact of a single massive collision.

Our winger made a break and was being chased by the opposition winger
He ran right at the oppositions fullback and then jumped to the side right at the last minute causing the oppositions fullback to almost snap his own player in half - it was glorious

Latest posts