• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Further dilution of Super Rugby

Super rugby is a catch 22 and always will be, RSA hold the card because they bring all this income....but that income is SO important because the super comp costs a bomb to run (flights between RSA and Nz/Aus etc), i thought they said the conference system was supposed to lower the amount of travel...

i'll say it again, top five itm team play super rugby the next year, give the itm cup some meaning and crowds will return, even giving meaning to playing for 5, depending on the draw of course you could have five game all meaning somehting on that last round of the ITM cup, and the same same ness of thew current structure will be gone

I think that is a pretty good idea. It would mean the players from smaller provinces would actually play for them. In Manawatu we haven't seen either of the two Aaron's for two seasons which is a real shame. Making the NPC the premier comp is definitely the way to go. SA could promote their top 5 Currie cup teams for the champions league and aussie can chip in 4. We would be back to Super 14 with everyone playing each other once.

What time of the year is the Currie Cup run? Could you run Super and ITM/Currie cup at the same time like how they do it with the euro comps up north?

I think that is a pretty good idea. It would mean the players from smaller provinces would actually play for them. In Manawatu we haven't seen either of the two Aaron's for two seasons which is a real shame. Making the NPC the premier comp is definitely the way to go. SA could promote their top 5 Currie cup teams for the champions league and aussie can chip in 4. We would be back to Super 14 with everyone playing each other once.

What time of the year is the Currie Cup run? Could you run Super and ITM/Currie cup at the same time like how they do it with the euro comps up north?
Currie Cup starts one week before ITM and ends same week IIRC.

Latest posts