• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fussel set to Squark, not Roar.

D

DuncTheDoodle

Richard Fussel, Dragons first-choice Winger, is moving to the Ospreys as the fourth-choice, with the Ospreys aiming to wreck the futures of not only him but Kristian Philips, Tom Pyride and Hanbo Dirkson by making sure their squad has too many wingers that really should be playing every single week.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/r...91466-25794979/

Fussel is an excellent player, but you can see why he's giving up first-team Rugby, as he knows when he moves to the Ospreys he's 500 times as likely to be picked for Wales.

Not a good move for Fussell imo. Yes, it seems Ospreys players are more likely to get picked by Warren Gatland, but if he's not playing, he has even less chance of getting picked for Wales. He may get some gametime at the Liberty, but Bowe, Williams and Walker are clearly first choice (Bowe might play centre though). But where does that leave Kristian Phillips? He's a very promosing young player, will he or Fussell be first in line after those three mentioned above?

The only benefit I can see from this is that there's now very little chace we'll have to witness the shittness that is Vaughton playing for the O's again!

The Dragon's are now a little short on the wing, as I can't think of any other quality winger at the region, other that Brew of course. Will be interesting what they do considering the majority of wingers in Wales are now at the O's or Blues!

This does however show that Dragon's players obviously feel overlooked by Gatland. This should not be the case, and it was very dissapointed not to see Brew, Fussell or both in the Wales squad this six nations.

Some rumours I have heard that Walker is set back for a move to Scotland which is set to be announced before the end of the season.

I wouldn't mind that too much. Walker has been a good player, but I'd prefer to see Phillips and now Fussell instead of him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 9 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not a good move for Fussell imo. Yes, it seems Ospreys players are more likely to get picked by Warren Gatland, but if he's not playing, he has even less chance of getting picked for Wales. He may get some gametime at the Liberty, but Bowe, Williams and Walker are clearly first choice (Bowe might play centre though). But where does that leave Kristian Phillips? He's a very promosing young player, will he or Fussell be first in line after those three mentioned above?

The only benefit I can see from this is that there's now very little chace we'll have to witness the shittness that is Vaughton playing for the O's again!

The Dragon's are now a little short on the wing, as I can't think of any other quality winger at the region, other that Brew of course. Will be interesting what they do considering the majority of wingers in Wales are now at the O's or Blues![/b]

I was thinknig that until Will Haries gets a start against the Ospreys, skins Shane three times, andf then scores a brace, including a fantastic try from within his own half against Saracens away the following week.

I heard Walker may be going back, and actually, if that means that Fussel is starting, then I don't mind too much. Walker is a great player, and should be playing for Scotland week in, week out, but I'd rather see someone Welsh/Tommy Bowe playing.

Latest posts