• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GAA Province cup final played in Paris

D

DonBilly

The day the Wallabies play les Bleus in Paris at 9 PM there will be sooner in the afternoon at 2 PM in the Yves du Manoir Stadium (where France used to play international Test match until the early 70's) the Final of the Interprovincial Gaelic Football Championship. To my knowledge this the very first time that such an event is organised in Paris.

For more information visit the www.parisgaa.org website.

I intend to go I am curious about this sport, later in the day I'll attend the Australia - France test in the Stade de France.

They've been desperate to revive the interrprovincial series in Ireland but it didn't work with only a couple of hundred attending the finals in recent years so they took it abroad, think it was in Rome last year. Don't understand why there's no interest, potentially they're great games but the GAA just don't market them that well here.

I think that's the first time in France that Gaellic Football is played at such an high level. By the way, how high is it? I mean how far from the best level that can be watched?

I would imagine the standard would be pretty high, it wouldn't have the intensity of county football but it wouldn't too below the mark.

Latest posts