• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game Footage From The Harvey Norman Demo.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 16 2005, 02:15 AM
i played slrl for about 2months solid....and i know the differences in GAMEPLAY are not so far off with all these new animations and ****
But playing it for 5 mins wouldn't let you know how much more deapth their is in controls this time... Locksey said the WCR2006 was looking really bad after his first 20 minute test, but the more he played it, the more advanced he realised it was! RL2 will be exactly the same I'd say.

I thought RL1 was ok, the things that desparately needed to be fixed were

1. the forward passes, they were like baseball curve balls

2. The entire passing system needed to be redone.

3. You know when you bust down the side line and then is a guy in support off your shoulder and you try to give it to him and it just goes out over the sideline!! this was criminal and ruined so many cool tries.

4. lastly the, try touchdowns needed to vary depending on the situation, so many times I accidentally dived dead.

I belive if they just fixed these few things then RL2 would be great. I thought they had too, but after what the chiropractor has said im not so sure. In light of this bad news, and the likely delay of RC2006 until february, its gonna be a lonely christmas!

1.the passes seems the same..but its got some airtime on it..which is weird its seems as tho theyve tried to change from pt.1 and havent configured it rite..but i reckon its better then sjrl ..yeah passing was annoying it feels smoother now

just the float its has...its weird as

2.indeed..

3.still happens but the controls better tho if u time enough then the passing buttons are more responsive i felt..but it still feels you dont hav control of the players at times like you say..this only happend twice tho as i tried to get the ball to meli and watch em get smashed hahaha

4.i only scored twice..dive tries just over the chalk so i didnt see any tries oh yeh they scored too!....orange hair dude in the second row for broncoes scored a try we he jus didnt dive but simply put the ball down

cocky c***!

and paleasena is awesome!..i put him in the starting line-up!
he must have 100 break tackle stats coz he plays like a rhino woooo..

the animations vary especially at penalty time and scrums....i dont kno doesnt really phase me..jus the jerky movement needed to be sussed out

How does the new passing hold up when it comes to broken play. e.g. when you break the line but dont have enough gas to finish and you need to offload to a player in support, does the airtime on the ball mean that by the time the support player catches it he will always be tackled from behind, or does he run onto it well enough?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 16 2005, 12:05 PM
How does the new passing hold up when it comes to broken play. e.g. when you break the line but dont have enough gas to finish and you need to offload to a player in support, does the airtime on the ball mean that by the time the support player catches it he will always be tackled from behind, or does he run onto it well enough?
well in rl1 the support player would run diagonally instead of running onto the ball.
That's why the support player would get caught.

Originally posted by kinkon89+Oct 16 2005, 02:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Oct 16 2005, 02:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop
@Oct 16 2005, 12:21 AM
What they have done is gone with arcadey style gameplay.
but hopefully they will change this for rl3.
see when you start talking about rl3 it means you know rl2 is gonna be crap...
<
[/b]
I don't think its going to be crap.
I just don't like arcady style gameplay but I will live with it.
The game will be a big improvement over rl1 but nothing earth shattering.

Don't think this is in this thread, Tigers v Cowboys try highlights (7mb): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7CXRX9O

Jade Stadium looks dang nice. Weird considering one game of significant league was played there in the last 2 years at least but hey.

I already hate the cut scenes and splash graphic thingys, but at least they're there and they have the possibility of being turned off.

Looks good.

Hmm, if I'm honest that game footage looks a bit dissapointing. I know I shouldn't judge the footage and the game will be funner to play, but the game doesn't look like a huge improvement game-play wise.

Having played it I can honestly say that it is somewhat similar to the first game gameplay wise but it has improved in so many ways, all of the problems that plagued the first game have been fixed or improved and the whole game just feels so much better to play. But that is just my opinion and you will have yours when the game hits the shelves later this year.
<

How are the graphics improved? I cant watch these new videos, they have cut my Jetstream back to 56k until the account ticks over in the next couple of days and my Cap starts again.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 16 2005, 06:41 PM
How are the graphics improved? I cant watch these new videos, they have cut my Jetstream back to 56k until the account ticks over in the next couple of days and my Cap starts again.
Going by the gameplay vid graphics seem to 'flow" so much better than RL1, animation changes seem to be less noticable..........players more recognisable and lifelike and cut scenes added of course.

Hard to guage gameplay as a lot of the new features (pass to playmaker, select fullback, ball stripping etc) were not shown in the gameplay vid. Run from dummy half looks class though and the game appears far less "glichy".

Also difficulty level was on 'schoolboy', so we had some very similar things happening as it did in RL1 (ie. easy scrum tries, lots of AI opposition players falling off easy tackles, poor attack shown by the AI opposition). This from all reports is fixed on higher difficulty levels.

Overall I was pretty impressed from watching the vids and look forward to release even more now.

Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 16 2005, 11:36 PM
How you going today Mario?
Is there any screenshots comming?
Keeping pretty busy in the office - lots to do at the moment for me.

No more screenshots on the way for RL2 in the immediate future. I'd expect some MCC media to be appearing next.

Finally saw the vid, I think it looks very good! The try touchdowns looked awsome!
everthing looked the be pretty good apart from some seriously gay cut scenes. And players dont walk out of tunnel anymore, which sucks as you will never get to see the awsome graphic close ups of your favourite player as there is no insant replays and the cut scenes are a bit random.

more sreens?! why do you want more screens, the game will probably be out before that happens.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 17 2005, 01:24 PM
Finally saw the vid, I think it looks very good! The try touchdowns looked awsome!
everthing looked the be pretty good apart from some seriously gay cut scenes. And players dont walk out of tunnel anymore, which sucks as you will never get to see the awsome graphic close ups of your favourite player as there is no insant replays and the cut scenes are a bit random.

more sreens?! why do you want more screens, the game will probably be out before that happens.
because I do.

Fair enough then, and good luck getting them. Hey, if u want , when I get the game I can take screens and post them here for you?
<

Latest posts