• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game Footage From The Harvey Norman Demo.

D

doovepop

thanks to radman for the footage.

posted by radman on the offical forum
Game footage from the Harvey Norman demo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to do a big write up about the game but I decided it doesn't matter as I'll let the footage do the talking. If I was to give my honest opinion all I can say is Rugby League 2 is definately a lot better than Rugby League 1 in many areas and obviously has a whole lot more in it than Rugby League 1 had, it will definately keep me going till the next one that's for sure.

This is a 10 minute match and was played on Schoolboy level using the close up camera. It's about 25mb. Sorry Dial-up users. I couldn't be bothered cutting it up and putting it on piece by piece. Someone might be able to make the file smaller for you guys. Hope you can enjoy it as bad as the quality is.

I apologise for the quality of the footage as the camera and TV would not co-operate with each other.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O73VZM90

This is a quick tour through the beginnings of Franchise mode.
This clip is about 12mb.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6DVO5VY

I might try and get a few sets of six for dial up users tomorrow. I also have an Ai vs Ai Origin match that went into extra time that I might put up tomorrow as well. I also have a few menu pics of bad quality that I might put up later.

Thanks Doovepop! You the man for doing so well getting us this. Really excellent.

I am a bit sceptical watching the vid. However you can't really judge until you've seen and played the real thing....................so I will reserve my judgement.

what do you mean radmans the one that deserves all the credit
as he got the footage.

Obviously I haven't played it myself but I'm not really liking the floaty passing, still can't wait though

It does remind me a lot of the first one. But as long as the ai is sorted, and the pasing system, and the fact that you can't run through the entire team with your star player, then it should e good.

posted by radman on the offical forum.

state of origin video.

state of origin.
its ai vs ia.

Here it is all 36.56mb of it. As I said the players will be hard to see because of the black shadow thingee that covers the action. It wasn't my fault, blimmen crt TVs grrrrrr.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81HCQTFR

Could anyone who was there, or who has seen this video please post some info for those of us who dont have a high speed connection.

Was there any word on a release date from anyone there?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 15 2005, 04:29 PM
Could anyone who was there, or who has seen this video please post some info for those of us who dont have a high speed connection.

The first video showed the game from the end on view. It was the closer end on view rather than the far away one.

It looked at first very similar to the first game. The players did seem to move a little bit more realistically like the real thing, rather than the first game where there was a LOT of standing around with hands in their pocketless shorts players.

The passing looked a little bit more realistic than the first game. A bit slower was the flight of the ball but that was alright because some of the passes in the first game looked too unreal.

Running the ball from the scrum looked very much like the first game. The AI defence seemed to be stationary again looking like do-do's.

Well I will look at the other video of the SOO game and see if I can spot the new highlights that Mario talks about. I do realise the people playing the game in the store where playing it for the first time so they probably hadn't mastered it.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 15 2005, 04:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 15 2005, 04:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Oct 15 2005, 04:29 PM

The first video showed the game from the end on view. It was the closer end on view rather than the far away one.

It looked at first very similar to the first game. The players did seem to move a little bit more realistically like the real thing, rather than the first game where there was a LOT of standing around with hands in their pocketless shorts players.

The passing looked a little bit more realistic than the first game. A bit slower was the flight of the ball but that was alright because some of the passes in the first game looked too unreal.

Running the ball from the scrum looked very much like the first game. The AI defence seemed to be stationary again looking like do-do's.
[/b]
You also have to remember the AI was on "schoolboy" so it's probably alot tight on the harder levels.

I gotta say I love the look of the dummy half scoot, aswell as all the new passing options! It seems as though they were almost cutting out 4+ players in some of those shots! The whole game just looks absolutely fantastic!
The only thing I'm worried about is the post try music being the same dull tack lol

You also have to remember the AI was on "schoolboy" so it's probably alot tight on the harder levels.

yeh wateva...this game sux i was playin it gamesman...its the same gameplay as last year..very disturbing

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 15 2005, 07:28 PM
yeh wateva...this game sux i was playin it gamesman...its the same gameplay as last year..very disturbing
Gamesman!

Where?

dont worry its not worth playing...actually in new lynn go and waste your petrol and get pissd at mario hahahah that wud be fun

it looks great..but doesnt FEEL...like it deserves the graphics
its too much of the same sjl feel,i mean sanzar will luv it too death coz he thinks that games brilliant hahah

i dunno...i hate having too use my imagination to make it feel like an actual football game when the game itself shud be doin just that

lets go rugby challenge..bring back the fun in gaming!

nah..wasnt tryn too...and id only had 5minutes so i was jus playin coz the f***in goth/owner of the store was staring at me as if to say...f*** off coconut

i think it was a the full copy which is dissapointing coz if it was a demo then the main game cudve been different

but the graphics are incredible...jus it feels so much of the same as the last one....with added features

its just real jerky the movement and control...feels like trynna navigate a load of scrap metal around..its frustrating and it was in the back of my mind all the time which away from the game....and it does not go well with the superb graphics

meh...yous mite like it...i dont...i guess the multiplayer will be the drawcard with online availability but as interms of playin it..its choppy to say but pretty magnificent to watch.....

gameplay wise....jonal>rl2....FO REAL THO GG...U LOVE JLR GAMEPLAY AND COMPARE IT THIS.....no comp on that

bye it league nuts an get ya cheap thrills...i had mine and it was 5minutes

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 16 2005, 12:18 AM
its just real jerky the movement and control...feels like trynna navigate a load of scrap metal around..its frustrating and it was in the back of my mind all the time which away from the game....and it does not go well with the superb graphics
You owe me $500...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 16 2005, 12:18 AM
nah..wasnt tryn too...and id only had 5minutes so i was jus playin coz the f***in goth/owner of the store was staring at me as if to say...f*** off coconut
So you played it for 5 mins a while ago...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

i played slrl for about 2months solid....and i know the differences in GAMEPLAY are not so far off with all these new animations and ****

dont get so defensive this is my view...i love league,i thought there original gaming was a solid platform to build from..but thats the thing tho

the first thing with most gamimg franchises is they focus on GAMEPLAY FIRST...then graphs and sound and blah blah

first impressions last...and im glad i didnt get a ps2 jus to play this..or tho i didnt play thru the game modes and saw all the mechanics i played enough to kno this wouldnt last long in the console and wud more or less sit on the shelf next to my old tetris hand held game.....

its jerky...they dont even run on to the ball half the time so it wud be easy to attack the comp whether it be skoolboy or principle level or wateva....and ist slow again i mite hav to play sjrl jus to feel wats different other than graphs and tackles animations

i dunno..i dont like it..."I"...as in ME!!!.....you will luv this to death sanzar if cherished the 1st that much

but there is kno respect for this game becoz they focused more on razzmatazz then general game physic which are the tru fundamentals to successful gaming

gameplay+graphics+sound+extras=success..and they havent won me there

What they have done is gone with arcadey style gameplay.
but hopefully they will change this for rl3.

Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 16 2005, 12:21 AM
What they have done is gone with arcadey style gameplay.
but hopefully they will change this for rl3.
see when you start talking about rl3 it means you know rl2 is gonna be crap...
<

how long will we be sittin and saying.."ohwell we will see in the next game..."...

what happens if you die doove without experiencing any excitement in any favoured sports gaming franchise that promises so much but delievers not that...?

i knew by watchin little clips of the game that it wud be the same ol jerky movement..it has been improved but ive playd thru all the rugger games enough to know whats gonna last....i have been shattered before by promises of a great game...

so i wasnt suprised when i playd this more so glad i didnt jump to conclusions with wcr,rugby***1,(rugby05 turned out aight)..and sjrl

enjoy this game...but if you didnt like the GAMEPLAY ASPECTS OF THE FIRST ONE...LIKE THE FREAKIN DODGEY MOVEMENT...then maybe like me u wont like this game

oh yeh this weird glitch happend so this cud be a demo..coz i was jones and i threw like a pass and then it floated and stayed in air bit and then game froze hahaha...for like 1 second then it unfroze and i think it was anderson knocked it on the useless c***...so this cud jus be a demo

but i didnt notice as much as i was trynna figure out da controlls and i bumped off petro and webcke with price hahah that felt good

Latest posts