• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game Modes

DanMorris

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
I'm posting as a new member, I have had a quick look over the forum about the game and am very interested. As a young rugby player myself, playing in the south wales youth leagues i, along with a few of my friends have expressed great interest and there is a definite hype about the release of the game.

I am firstly wanting to propose a game mode, in which the player takes charge of a British and Irish Lions Tour. The player chooses what team to play as, The Lions or the Host country.

If the player chooses to play as the Lions he gets to pick his squad from the four home nations. players in top form should show on the selection process, or even a few practice matches before the final picking of the players final squad so that that person can pick the players that most excite him. After picking the squad the player begins the tour playing the clubs of the country, and aiming to beat the host Nation in 3 test matches, as happens in the real world.

Playing as the host country however should be different in the way that there are obviously less players to choose from but the player can choose which country to play as.

Things like injuries in between test matches should be included, and therefore the player should have to decide on late call ups to his squad.

Another game mode has to be an interactive world cup. this feature is an excellent idea as unlike the football games, it is much more versatile and the options are wide open.

Thanks, tell me what you think if you read this

I don't know if you played the older versions of the game, but the Lions tour was present in the exact way you described it in Rugby 06.

And welcome to the forum, Dan :)

I know this would definatly go over the budget, but it might be worth suggesting:

Manager mode, its boring playing world league, a proper well structured manager mode is in order, just like fifa
Be a pro mode, this would be brilliant, and would change the face of the game completely, your career starts playing for a small side, and finishes with you lifting the world cup trophy

I think a manager mode where you have to work your way up through different tiers of clubs starting with tier 5? club like Aironi, Connacht, Leeds, Rebels or La Rochelle going to tier 4 by either making the club better and into a tier 4 side or signing with a new tier 4 club i.e Dragons, Lions(S.A), Glasgow, Treviso, Newcastle, Montabaun etc... going to a tier 3 club or tier 3 country i.e W.Force, Ulster, Edinburgh, Bath, Sale, Canes, Highlanders, Cheetahs, Castres Russia, Namibia, Georgia, Romania etc... and have a second division 6 or 4 nations where the winner of the 2nd division and last placed 1st division side have a play-off to be in the 1st division. Then to tier 2 clubs or nations i.e Munster, Cardiff, Llanelli, Blues, Sharks, Tahs, Reds, Chiefs, Pepingan, Stade, Scotland, Italy, Argentina etc... then to tier 1 clubs or nations i.e Leinster, Saints, Leiceter, Toulouse, Biarittz, Ospreys, Crusaders, Bulls, Brumbies, All Blacks, Australia, S.A, England, Ireland, France, Wales etc... and when you win either the RWC, Super 15 or H cup with a tier 1 team you can manage both a club and a country. It's far fetched, complicated and I'm 99.999999999999% sure it won't happen but it would be unreal

Of course all of these things would be great, but for them to be good they would need a good stable game that flows well and looks good. It will be hard to match Fifa as that has been going on for years, so I hope the core of the game is good and any addons to that is even better! If Rugby 2012 is good as a game then they can add more in a Rugby 2013!

I think having a 7s circuit in the game would be awesome! I know your all rolling your eyes but I think it will be fun. I don;t mean THE 7s circuit, but clubs (atleast premiership) play sevens matches againste achother as well.

If this game was, say, 3/4 as good as FIFA but a rugby game through and through, it would be amazing!!

Even though there wont be Manager/Franchise mode if World League is still there i'll be pretty pleased!

As long as the game has world cup, super 15, 6 nations, tri-nations and the european trophy im happy but I would like to see Be a Pro and/or franchsie mode.

can you put a sevens mode on there as it's something new to a rugby game and it's very popular on the rugby circuit so it would be a new challenge

i hope hb changed their minds and decided to put manager mode in the game and it should be just like fifa manager mode. you start with a low ranked team such as aironi and then then u half to meet realistic objectives like finish in the top half of the magners league, matching these objectives will make your reputation rise and you therefore get the opportunity to manage better teams which have harder objectives for you to reach such as win heinekin cup. when u reach 5 stars (best rating) you then get to manage and international team and take them to the world cup.
Also needs to have good transfer market

I think that they need to get the basics right first, the core gameplay and rugby elements of the matches. If the game is sucessful however, then hopefully we will see a follow up, and with luck, a manager mode. But I think that they need to build from the bottom up, so to speak.

I think that they need to get the basics right first, the core gameplay and rugby elements of the matches. If the game is sucessful however, then hopefully we will see a follow up, and with luck, a manager mode. But I think that they need to build from the bottom up, so to speak.

Spot on, if HB focused on manager mode and all that now but didn't bother improving the gameplay then there'd be a substandard game with some interesting menus... Unfortunately they confirmed that there's gonna be no 7s mode which is a shame but hopefully that'll come with time! I'd rather play for 1-2 years with just a few tournaments/world league and so I knew that when the franchise really kicks off it'll be something amazing

Spot on, if HB focused on manager mode and all that now but didn't bother improving the gameplay then there'd be a substandard game with some interesting menus.

In that video they just posted, I think the guy said they had 90 employees at one location and 40 in Halifax. Seems to me like if they wanted to, they could have the manpower for both. However, with manpower must come budget room, which could really be the overarching issue

I just hope that this is the first in a long line of consecutive Rugby releases... With each release will come new game modes and features, that is the only reason the Fifa games have gotten to where they are today.

hopefully they have new zealands itm cup tournament included in the game along with all other tournaments gameplay is a key got to be realistic players should have good ai so they run on to balls when you make breaks not like in nrl rugby league game. ability to select squads for all teams. and a update system where when new players come in can add them in maybe if they not gona bring a game out each year . but yea high expectations for this game cant wait irs been a while for us rugby fans in new zealand.

Latest posts