• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

I guess im the only one gutted about LF death, although i like Sansa's character i cant stand ayra. Really cant see how the can fit another 7 or so episodes into thestory now.

I guess im the only one gutted about LF death, although i like Sansa's character i cant stand ayra. Really cant see how the can fit another 7 or so episodes into thestory now.

Really? I'm struggling to think of how they are going to fit everything into the last season. You have a war with the whitewalkers (a season in itself) and then a war on the cards of Lannister vs Targaryen. The only way I can see it working is if they kill off one of the queens and don't have the human war afterwards.

Really? I'm struggling to think of how they are going to fit everything into the last season. You have a war with the whitewalkers (a season in itself) and then a war on the cards of Lannister vs Targaryen. The only way I can see it working is if they kill off one of the queens and don't have the human war afterwards.

Wouldn't it be sweet poetic justice if Cersei dies during childbirth, and the baby is a dwarf??

Apparently the nest season will be 6 episodes however it might be the longest yet in terms of running time, suspect the first 3 white walkers, second 3 Jon's war V Cersei

Isn't each season 7 episode going to be feature length (~90 minutes)? That should help them fit things in.

you mean season 8 Toby.

I think Tyrion is simply jealous of Jon snow and hasn't betrayed them, he just feels that another love of his life is being taken away. I can't see him making a deal with Cersei, he knows that she will always want to kill him and he can make no deal to stop that, also his worry about the white walkers seems genuine. For him to suddenly allow everything to **** up for some deal with Cersei? It doesn't add up.

SO happy about Littlefinger's fate though, I was convinced he would succeed at turning the Starks on each other. That dragon bit though... Winterfell is next on the menu and they will not be able to put up a fight at all unless either the living dragons are there or they have some of those scorpions maybe tipped with dragonglass?

One theory I saw was that he's worried about the idea of her getting pregnant/having an heir.
He was keen on a democracy before, When talking about succession, mentioning the nights watch and the iron isles ways of electing a leader.

Breaking the wheel and all that jazz

Going back to this whole Tyrion looking forlorn when he saw Jon go into Dany's bedroom - according to this article GRRM's original intention was for JS and Tyrion to both fall in love with Arya and for Tyrion to then swtich sides to bring Jon down. Looks like they changed it to Dany for TV series.

I'll believe it when I see it, I don't think Tyrion has shown any kind of affection in that way towards Dany.

Reading into stuff GRRM wrote as 'notes' 24 years ago is the kind of speculation that leads to more ludicrous theroies.

I still think its just guilt of betraying two 'good' people whom he likes a lot to his sister.

Yeh notes don't tend to mean much other than he thought about it once.

It's not something I've ever read about before, but according to the article linked above "Most of Martin's other planned themes in that original letter have come to pass in some form or another".

TBF it is more than notes kind of treatment to publishers in how he envisioned the story going but they equally mean nothing. GoT has been running as a series for 6 years now and he has not finished the 6th book. The first book was published 3 years after that treatment. A lot of writing and idea development has happened since then.

Why would Tyrion betray them for Cersei, though?
Jaime I could understand, but him and Cersei have never been close.
Does he think Dany is on her way to Mad King pt.2 and thinks Cersei is the lesser of two evils?

Why would Tyrion betray them for Cersei, though?
Jaime I could understand, but him and Cersei have never been close.
Does he think Dany is on her way to Mad King pt.2 and thinks Cersei is the lesser of two evils?

The question is what did Cersei and Tyrion talk about while Jon and Dany was sharing a dragon skull? What did Tyrion say to Cersei to persuade her to return to make the agreement? Surely that along with him standing alone on the ship listening to incestuous sex between an aunt and nephew brings me to think that something is a stirring...

Winterfell is built on Hot Springs so this might help in some way?

Also there's the theory that Jon being Azor Ahai will have to kill the one he loves most (Dany) to become Lightbringer and kill the White Walkers?

The question is what did Cersei and Tyrion talk about while Jon and Dany was sharing a dragon skull? What did Tyrion say to Cersei to persuade her to return to make the agreement? Surely that along with him standing alone on the ship listening to incestuous sex between an aunt and nephew brings me to think that something is a stirring...
Aye there's definitely something a miss, It was too big a part of the scene for it to not be important down the line
I just really can't see any way he'd side with Cersei/think she was the safer bet.

Dinklage has said in an interview that the reason Tyrion was looking like that was merely that he knows that a relationship between the 2 of them could cause problems and could be dangerous for them. It could just be an attempt to throw us off the scent of something though.

Dinklage has said in an interview that the reason Tyrion was looking like that was merely that he knows that a relationship between the 2 of them could cause problems and could be dangerous for them. It could just be an attempt to throw us off the scent of something though.

Yeh thats my theory.
Love and business doesn't really work.
When one will sacrifice themselves for the other things become dangerous. He can prob see Dany sacrificing herself to save Jon.

Same reason he begged her not to ride the dragons to save Jon aswell.

The real reason Bronn buggars off for a drink with Pod is because the actor who plays him is not on speaking terms with the lovely lady who plays Cersei after a breakdown in their previous relationship off-screen.

The real reason Bronn buggars off for a drink with Pod is because the actor who plays him is not on speaking terms with the lovely lady who plays Cersei after a breakdown in their previous relationship off-screen.
Also he still wants to know what tri-Podrick got up to in that brothel all that time ago

I just really can't see any scenario in which Tyrion would betray Jon and Dany to Cersei, it makes no sense. Any outcome in which she wins will result in him either being killed by her or having to go into hiding, he could hand her the kingdom on a platter and her first act as queen of the united kingdom would be to have him executed. He also knows full well that the full might of Westeros needs to be united to face the white walkers and I think he will view any attempt at backstabbing those who are fighting them as ensuring everyone dies.

The only option I can see, which is still not very sensible is if Tyrion arranges the assassination of them as a precursor to Cersei joining the war. Considering the Dragons, Dothraki and Unsullied will not follow Cersei, it will just mean the Lannisters will be forced to face the white walkers alone after the north falls. Also I suspect Jamie may attempt to lead the army north anyway to defy Cersei, I think her still only caring about ruling and threatening to kill him were the final straws, he always knew what a ***** she was but now it has finally hit home. Also any time he is around Brienne he becomes much more principled.

Latest posts