• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

I think it's worth remembering with Tyrion that he's just about the only one on Dany's side that hasn't actually seen the White Walker army. He may not quite understand the magnitude of it. In fact I don't think any of them do because the army in episode 6 definitely wasn't all of. I saw no giants there.

By the way the story line is going they will defeat the army of the dead within the first 3 episodes of Season 8, then the battle of DS and CL for the remainder - im sure Jon Snow will end up on the throne in the end.

I'm backing Sansa to be on the throne by the end. I have no clue how she'll get there but I think the way her arc has gone and the way she dealt with power this season, especially with out doing Littlefinger; it seems like she's being built up to take the crown. But as I said, I have no clue how she'll get there.

Also he still wants to know what tri-Podrick got up to in that brothel all that time ago

True. But he's important enough to have stayed at that meeting. Them pair just don't do scenes together.

Pod and Bronn important enough?

They are very definition of lackeys who get the real work done neither are politicians or generals.

Bronn is the most respected Knight (he's a sir) in the lannister army after Jamie. He also used to be leader of the City Watch. Can see why Pod left though.

binged the whole season over the weekend...wow.

currently racking my brain for some minor detail from season one or something that's going to come back and win the day for the living because otherwise it ain't looking good

question to those that have read the books too, is it weird my brother, who is a huge book fan, read them three times or something but says he watched the first season and didn't really get into it?

also, am i the only one that wants "little bear" to end up on the iron throne?

Does anyone still wonder why Stannis' death was not shown?
Aye, that was weird
I wonder if they were flirting with the idea of having him not actually dying. Think it's too late to bring him back now, but maybe they considered it or maybe GRRM said he lives in the books so they didn't show him die on screen in case they need to bring him back for a big plot point (which they didn't have to in the end)

Sadly the audio is terrible but after seeing Mitch last night I thought a fair few people might appreciate this.

Aye, that was weird
I wonder if they were flirting with the idea of having him not actually dying. Think it's too late to bring him back now, but maybe they considered it or maybe GRRM said he lives in the books so they didn't show him die on screen in case they need to bring him back for a big plot point (which they didn't have to in the end)

I still miss him so would fully support him turning up with the red priestess again or even fighting on the starks side again after finding out the truth about his brothers rebellion in the first place.

here's a question for those that have read the books, if i've seen the series is it still worth reading them?

i assume they are better as books normally are, the real crux being is there enough things either not covered in the show or done poorly to make it worth it?

I enjoy the books and show a huge amount. The main difference is the books give way more context to scenes and characters actually increasing your appreciation. It is also mean you don't ignore early appearances of minor characters such as Lancel who are important later on.

good point, anyone here read the booked after watching?

I started reading them after season 1 finished, and already knowing what happened had zero impact on my enjoyment.
There's so many little extra details and plots in the books I don't think you'd feel like you'd seen it all before.

That sheila that plays Brienne the female warrior, is she really that big or is that just television witchery?

Latest posts