• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

Rewatching S1. Noticed Cersei mentions she had a baby boy by Robert Baratheon who died. But then Ned Stark asks Gendry what he remembers of his mother and he says that she had yellow hair. Could Gendry turn out to be legitimate afterall?

Damn, good catch.

John Arryn hid him knowing the lannisters wanted a full blooded lannister on the throne and not a half barratheon?

Rewatching S1. Noticed Cersei mentions she had a baby boy by Robert Baratheon who died. But then Ned Stark asks Gendry what he remembers of his mother and he says that she had yellow hair. Could Gendry turn out to be legitimate afterall?

Damn, I'm so jealous of everyone getting to rewatch from the beginning. I'm trying to get my wife to watch this with me, but she's very anti-fantasy stories. So all I get to watch at night when the twins go to sleep is Grey's Anatomy, The Handmaid's Tale and the Bachelor.

Hmmm I always saw that as them trying to hammer home the fact that Baratheon kids always come out with dark hair, no matter the colour of their mother's hair.

Damn, I'm so jealous of everyone getting to rewatch from the beginning. I'm trying to get my wife to watch this with me, but she's very anti-fantasy stories. So all I get to watch at night when the twins go to sleep is Grey's Anatomy, The Handmaid's Tale and the Bachelor.

My misses was (& still is much the same) but I managed to get her into Thrones early on as I was so psyched for the early episodes and it was still within our honeymoon period.

She got hooked a few eps in and now we watch the WHOLE thing prior to each new season. Looking forward to our eighth runthru next year... still can't get her to watch Lord of the Rings though smh!

Think it's a bit unfair to stick the Handmaid's Tale in with the others! The book has won sci-fi awards and is at least alternative fiction. Also the first season at least (haven't watched the second yet) is top quality.

Think it's a bit unfair to stick the Handmaid's Tale in with the others! The book has won sci-fi awards and is at least alternative fiction. Also the first season at least (haven't watched the second yet) is top quality.

The second season pretty much maintains the quality.., with the last episode probably being the best yet.

Yeah I know, she was basically forced by her colleagues to watch it as it's all they are talking about at work... Plus it helps that a female is the leading role.

A quick Google throws up this theory quite a bit. The only thing that makes me sceptical is Maggy The Frog's prophecy (start of season 5) - she says that Cersei will have three children and "gold will be their crowns".

Not watching trailers trying my damnest to avoid all spoilers until each episode airs and I've had the time to watch. Finale I'm already planning to stay up and watch.

I bought the 7 seasons to rewatch so watching it on the phone on the commute to work. Up to S4. It's amazing how much I've forgotten.

You guys won't believe it, but my wife actually watched season 1 - 7 with me over the festive period! Her expression on her face when Ned died as well as the Red Wedding was priceless.

It's very interesting to see the little things you miss out on when you watch it the second time around. Like in the very first episode where Jon is on his way to the Night's Watch and Ned is on his way to Kings Landing, Ned tells Jon "The next time I see you, we'll talk about your mother". And that was the last time they saw one another, and it took us 7 bloody seasons to figure out what Ned was going to tell him!

You guys won't believe it, but my wife actually watched season 1 - 7 with me over the festive period! Her expression on her face when Ned died as well as the Red Wedding was priceless.

It's very interesting to see the little things you miss out on when you watch it the second time around. Like in the very first episode where Jon is on his way to the Night's Watch and Ned is on his way to Kings Landing, Ned tells Jon "The next time I see you, we'll talk about your mother". And that was the last time they saw one another, and it took us 7 bloody seasons to figure out what Ned was going to tell him!

I think it's better to binge watch and easier to get into it as there is just too much to take in otherwise. I know a lot of people who just lost interest watching it on tv because there were too many places and characters.

At least you can now both enjoy the final season together.

I think it's better to binge watch and easier to get into it as there is just too much to take in otherwise. I know a lot of people who just lost interest watching it on tv because there were too many places and characters.

Usually I'm a fan of binge watching, but I'm a big enough GoT super-fan / nerd that I prefer to watch an episode a week as it gives me time to think about what I've seen, rewatch and waste hours reading fan theories on forums and listening to podcasts. I only got in to the series while season 4 was showing, so have had both experiences and have enjoyed it more since I haven't been able to binge watch. Saying that, my binge watching was often after a night in the pub, which probably isn't the best time to watch a series like this!

Got 4 months in the UAE and alot of free time so rewatching all of GoT, Vikings and loads more.

Though the copy of GoT ive got on my laptop is missing the subtitles for the buts spoke in valeryian and dothraki so im having to look on youtube for them bits or try to guess and make up my own meanings :). Battle of the ******** next episode!

Got 4 months in the UAE and alot of free time so rewatching all of GoT, Vikings and loads more.

Though the copy of GoT ive got on my laptop is missing the subtitles for the buts spoke in valeryian and dothraki so im having to look on youtube for them bits or try to guess and make up my own meanings :). Battle of the ******** next episode!

A true GoT fan would know the languages off by heart and can could fluently speak it by now.

Latest posts