• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

Game of thrones people really do like building their castles in the most geologically precarious positions. A good bit of erosion and they fall into the sea.
I think it works nicely as a metaphor for the way reigns of rule work within the show.

Was Lady Olenna Tyrell at a wake when Jaime and his army invaded?

Was Lady Olenna Tyrell at a wake when Jaime and his army invaded?
Probably technically still in mourning for Loras and Margery. I think Cercei's attire has been black as well for Tommen. Just she wants to go for the evil queen fine with it.

One of the few proper uses of the C word.

Overall good with the Lannisters absolutely destroying Dany's Wetorosi partners she's going to have to get in her nephews pants. Cant help but think Tyrion and Varys have some kind of master plan they dont usually suck this badly at plotting.

Overall good with the Lannisters absolutely destroying Dany's Wetorosi partners she's going to have to get in her nephews pants. Cant help but think Tyrion and Varys have some kind of master plan they dont usually suck this badly at plotting.

Yeah, but I can't help but wonder when will they start with the backstabbing. And that remark that Melissandre had for Varys makes me think that his demise is coming soon...

Is it me or did Lady Tyrell expose a fairly significant plot hole?

Why DID the Lannisters wait until now to invade High Garden if it was so easy?

The question should be, why WAS it so easy to invade?? surely the Tyrell's army is bigger than that?

Remember that Lady Tyrell was also part of the plotting along with Varys and Tyrion... Maybe there is something bigger coming. Having the full Lannister army at Highgarden, exposes Kings Landing... The unsullied are sent on a wild goose chase, and the Dothraki are waiting patiently at Dragonstone...

The question should be, why WAS it so easy to invade?? surely the Tyrell's army is bigger than that?

Remember that Lady Tyrell was also part of the plotting along with Varys and Tyrion... Maybe there is something bigger coming. Having the full Lannister army at Highgarden, exposes Kings Landing... The unsullied are sent on a wild goose chase, and the Dothraki are waiting patiently at Dragonstone...

Yeh I didn't get that even with the fact that the Tyrell's seem to lack a general and a battle hardened army (Unlike the Lancaster's) defending a castle (esp one that should have good defences) shouldn't be a easy feat like it was, 100% reckon this was down to how quickly the episodes are moving along hopefully the books will have more detail.

Personally feel that Varys and Tyrion lack of war nous is catching up with them (This is war not politics), i mean between Varys, Tyrion, Yara, Daenerys and Ellaria they have limited or none warfare experience (Yara has been involved in some battles but not a full blow war) compared to Euron and Jamie (And now Tarly) all of whom are extremely battle hardened in Westeros, I mean her biggest two warrior armies have never fought in Westeros and do not have a voice in the army matters anyway by the looks of it. It's why Jorah returning is so big for them Daenerys has a general who knows how to think like Jamie etc.

I quite like how they have cancelled her OPness after last season it feels alot more even now.

I feel that Sansa will get the Iron Throne when all this is said and done,

(ALSO HOW THE **** HAVE BALLISTA's NOT BEEN MADE TILL NOW!!!!)

Guess they needed Tyrell's vassals or at least the big ones on their side, they managed to cast enough doubt in their minds that they could invade House Tyrell without the worry of her allies protecting it, Big Difference between attacking one house and attacking the whole of the Reach.

Last edited:
One thought is she could be deliberately getting her Westoros allies murdered. Dany isn't really interested in any of the great houses surviving so she is deliberately getting them slaughtered.

Afterall the Stark's are the only ones really interested in the little man in the same way Dany is.

I think the speed of the crushings are purely to do with 8 episodes aren't really enough but in equal measure they probably didn't have the budget for three major battles already. Afterall the final battle is likely episode 7 (assuming next season is all about white walkers) and that will be a massive affair.

Did they send the Tyrrell army to besiege Kings Landing? Or did that get scrapped after the Euron merked everyone last week?
Jaime turning their bannermen sure didn't help.
I imagine they didn't invade earlier because of the bannermen - easier to marry off their sons and daughters and keep everyone loyal than get embroiled in another war (you saw Randall Tarley's initial reluctance to turn against them).

Be interesting to see what Tyrion and Varis come up with cause they really do look up **** creek without a paddle. Unsullied stranded at casterly rock, dothraki and dragons stranded at dragonstone, Dornish and Tyrell's defeated (is there a Dornish army in Dorne still or were they completely wiped out by Euron?).
Even if she goes all on with Jon Snow it's not like he's get a massive navy to defeat Euron and get all her armies out of the ****, and doesn't seem interested in sending his army's slowly South (especially after the last time).

Liked the last episode except for when I had to exclaim "surely ******* not" at Euron, after boning over Yara, going to Kings Landing, then getting around the continent fast enough to screw Grey Worm. Just seems anti-deus ex machina. Kind of annoying for a show that was so precise for 5 or so seasons to let the fine details go because they have to hurry through the war they've been building up for 6 seasons, yet still have time to flounder on sans balls sex.
Overall enjoyed it though, especially Olenna's performance. Holy cow what an actress and what a character. Thought the abandoning Casterly Rock strategy was clever, my previous gripes aside. They also managed to fit in a scene involving the Dornish that was actually really good and well acted, so hurray for them. Almost felt bad for them, but also glad they got theirs.
Tyrell and Dornish armies should still be intact, but I feel like the Tyrell one will go with the Tarlys.

Liked the last episode except for when I had to exclaim "surely ******* not" at Euron, after boning over Yara, going to Kings Landing, then getting around the continent fast enough to screw Grey Worm. Just seems anti-deus ex machina. Kind of annoying for a show that was so precise for 5 or so seasons to let the fine details go because they have to hurry through the war they've been building up for 6 seasons, yet still have time to flounder on sans balls sex.
Overall enjoyed it though, especially Olenna's performance. Holy cow what an actress and what a character. Thought the abandoning Casterly Rock strategy was clever, my previous gripes aside. They also managed to fit in a scene involving the Dornish that was actually really good and well acted, so hurray for them. Almost felt bad for them, but also glad they got theirs.
Tyrell and Dornish armies should still be intact, but I feel like the Tyrell one will go with the Tarlys.

Look fast travel has been introduced to Westeros, how else would Jon Snow get from massively midland Winterfell to Dragonstone in no time at all.

Dany still annoys me with all the talk of what she's entitled to. While she's obviously preferable to Cersei it's nice to see her plot armour crumbling.

Dany is a bloody wagon. She's so ******* bland, her lines read like something off a soundboard. "muh birthright", "bend tuh knee" "fire and blud". Really hope she eventually goes the tyrant route in true GOT style. Her plot armour is crumbling hard, and I don't think it's gonna stop. I think a dragon is gonna eat **** this season, probably not Drogon, but still.

But Drogon is the only one with chratcer development which means in true GoT style he has to go...

Yeh a dragon has to die this season otherwise it was pointless showing the Ballista, Reckon either Euron will have one mounted on his ship and when Daney and help dragons come thinking they are tough ****, he will take one down.
Personally I think Clarke is the weakest actor in the show which doesn't help IMO.

Part of me reckons that end of season Cercei will go mad king and Jamie will stab her in the back OR Ellaria escapes and kills her because I mean it never back fires leaving someone to die as opposed to just killing them then and there.

TBH i'm most interested in seeing if Clegane bowl will happen this season, because i'm not sure how they will met if Mountain is by Cersei's side all the time and Hound and his posse are not really involved in the conflict yet and seems to have their eyes on the dead.

Yeh a dragon has to die this season otherwise it was pointless showing the Ballista, Reckon either Euron will have one mounted on his ship and when Daney and help dragons come thinking they are tough ****, he will take one down.
Personally I think Clarke is the weakest actor in the show which doesn't help IMO.

Part of me reckons that end of season Cercei will go mad king and Jamie will stab her in the back OR Ellaria escapes and kills her because I mean it never back fires leaving someone to die as opposed to just killing them then and there.

TBH i'm most interested in seeing if Clegane bowl will happen this season, because i'm not sure how they will met if Mountain is by Cersei's side all the time and Hound and his posse are not really involved in the conflict yet and seems to have their eyes on the dead.
I also don't believe that anyone would be capable of taking on Super Mountain in combat. He seems pretty indestructible.

I think Jamie killing Cersei seems pretty nailed on at this point, not sure whether it will be the big ending of this season or happen next - depends whether they want the white walkers to be the only big bad next season or still have infighting in the south
It might be that Jamie marches on the north and encounters the army of the dead and then turns on Cersei if she won't take it seriously.

Kinda broke my heart seeing Bron with the lannister's, I hope him and Tyrion get to bro it up again soon

I also don't believe that anyone would be capable of taking on Super Mountain in combat. He seems pretty indestructible.

Will be interesting to see him without the armour though, he might have a weak spot that is hidden.

Like all OP video game baddies there is always a weak spot just need to wait for the combos....

I think Jamie killing Cersei seems pretty nailed on at this point, not sure whether it will be the big ending of this season or happen next - depends whether they want the white walkers to be the only big bad next season or still have infighting in the south

Yeh i was wondering that, but at the same time if they are rushing things this fast i reckon they might just want the one big ass baddie.

Be interesting if Littlefinger last the season.

INB4 White walkers come everyone gets on and everyone ends up ruling something living happily ever after.

Yeah Jamie definitely goes full Queenslayer at some stage.

I expect Sandor to kill Gregor with fire which would be poetic and **** given their history (also a proven method to work on the undead).

A Song of Ice and Fire, and Game of Thrones as a consequence, is a decon-recon job for me. So I fully expect the wights not to win and there to basically be a bittersweet ending.

Well GRRM said there would be a bittersweet ending. Would be fairly pointless if they went full destruction. I'm guessing most people we like die though. Suppose we'll see. Not sure I agree with you lot on the Drogon dying bit as well. Personally think it will be the one named after Viserys. The three headed dragon prophecy hasn't come to fruition yet either.

Three headed Dragon can't in TVverse as far as i can tell.....no Aegon

Latest posts