• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmy44

Could Trev or Ian tell me why the maximum game time is 15 minutes in Rugby challenge 2006? The minumum I would want to play is ten minutes halfs and there isn't even this option in Rugby Challenge I am told. This is one of reasons I didn't like playing Jonah Lomu ruigby, beause you never felt you had tiome to really get 'into' a game, felt like you had to rush. For instance if you are a few points behind its nice to know you have some time to catch up! I can't see why a longer time could not have been included, surely it wouldn't have been that difficult? Very dissapointed.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Nov 22 2005, 09:40 PM
Could Trev or Ian tell me why the maximum game time is 15 minutes in Rugby challenge 2006? The minumum I would want to play is ten minutes halfs and there isn't even this option in Rugby Challenge I am told. This is one of reasons I didn't like playing Jonah Lomu ruigby, beause you never felt you had tiome to really get 'into' a game, felt like you had to rush. For instance if you are a few points behind its nice to know you have some time to catch up! I can't see why a longer time could not have been included, surely it wouldn't have been that difficult? Very dissapointed.

There are actually two very good reasons why we limit the game time:

1. The primary reason is from a QA standpoint. Longer match durations extend QA periods by a huge margin. Actually including a full 80 minute match mode would cost us a fortune in QA resource. Unfortunately, we have to work within a limited budget on our niche sports ***les and just as we limit the number of stadia we can include, we also have to limit the match length.

2. The other issue is from a game balance point of view. As one of the other posters pointed out, you would get unrealistic scores. Whilst that is much less of an issue and up to the player at the end of the day, we do take it into account.

Sorry you are disappointed. I think EA include long match lengths, so if that's your priority I guess you could buy their game.
<

its all good trev mate as what we do get in the short time on rc2006 is likely to be worth more than any game time on rugby 2006. I think if game length has to be sacarificed for other things like career mode then so be it. I would take things like thee career mode over being abe to score 60 points in a match anyday.

I personally see no problem with match duration because i usually play no longer than 15 min halves, mostly 10 min halves anyway

Originally posted by knuck@Nov 22 2005, 11:56 PM
I personally see no problem with match duration because i usually play no longer than 15 min halves, mostly 10 min halves anyway
Yes but 15 minutes is the full match time not a half, so you'll only get 7.5 minute halfs in RC2006

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 22 2005, 10:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 22 2005, 10:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Nov 22 2005, 09:40 PM

1. The primary reason is from a QA standpoint. Longer match durations extend QA periods by a huge margin. Actually including a full 80 minute match mode would cost us a fortune in QA resource. Unfortunately, we have to work within a limited budget on our niche sports ***les and just as we limit the number of stadia we can include, we also have to limit the match length.

2. The other issue is from a game balance point of view. As one of the other posters pointed out, you would get unrealistic scores. Whilst that is much less of an issue and up to the player at the end of the day, we do take it into account.

Sorry you are disappointed. I think EA include long match lengths, so if that's your priority I guess you could buy their game.
<
[/b]
Hi Trev thanks for your post - first up this will not put me off buying the game, and certainly not a priority, for me its just a shame. I was also certainly not asking for an 80 minute match. Just 10 or 15 minute halfs perhaps!

Sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by QA's? Is this advertising, quality assurance or something else?

Originally posted by jimmy44+Nov 22 2005, 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Nov 22 2005, 11:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 22 2005, 10:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Nov 22 2005, 09:40 PM

<
Hi Trev thanks for your post - first up this will not put me off buying the game, and certainly not a priority, for me its just a shame. I was also certainly not asking for an 80 minute match. Just 10 or 15 minute halfs perhaps!

Sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by QA's? Is this advertising, quality assurance or something else? [/b]
Yeah, I wasn't too sure what was meant there either... I personally would have thought that is was purely a simple matter of adjusting the clock...

Originally posted by jimmy44+Nov 23 2005, 01:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Nov 23 2005, 01:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knuck
@Nov 22 2005, 11:56 PM
Yes but 15 minutes is the full match time not a half, so you'll only get 7.5 minute halfs in RC2006 [/b]
guess i had better slit my wrists now then

Originally posted by knuck+Nov 23 2005, 02:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knuck @ Nov 23 2005, 02:44 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Nov 23 2005, 01:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-knuck
@Nov 22 2005, 11:56 PM

Yes but 15 minutes is the full match time not a half, so you'll only get 7.5 minute halfs in RC2006
guess i had better slit my wrists now then [/b]
Good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts